Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have a Great Feeling....

I Have a Great Feeling....

I have a great feeling about next year.....I find it strange that this feeling came about now but I really do...

Next year has bounce back with a vengeance written all over it and when I think about it this teams holes are really easy to fill....

Give me upgraded safeties an upgrade at wr 2 and an upgrade at rt and we are right there...

This team is going to come back firing next year after all the crap of this season....and honestly think that the turmoil this year will help bond what's left of the locker room....

I know we have been on Rex a lot and rightfully so but at this point the focus needs to be on tanny....he holds the keys to the immediate future of this team...he really dropped the ball last year and this year we need him to make a flurry of strong moves...

We don't need a miracle here...we need a sound offseason and the 2009 and 2010 version of Rex and I fully believe next year is the year of the Jet.

Right now it hurts but in the long run we will look back at 2011 and realize that it was the jumping off point for the next step....this team needed to take a smack in the face....

Feel free to bump this thread next year at this time, because next year at this time the Jets will be getting ready to play in the Superbowl.

Queue the +1s and the dump comments.

All Pro

I truely admire your optimism.

Banned
    I feel better about next year. Let's put it that way.

Firing Schotty already makes next season look a little brighter.

All League
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I have a great feeling about next year.....I find it strange that this feeling came about now but I really do...

Next year has bounce back with a vengeance written all over it and when I think about it this teams holes are really easy to fill....

Give me upgraded safeties an upgrade at wr 2 and an upgrade at rt and we are right there...

This team is going to come back firing next year after all the crap of this season....and honestly think that the turmoil this year will help bond what's left of the locker room....

I know we have been on Rex a lot and rightfully so but at this point the focus needs to be on tanny....he holds the keys to the immediate future of this team...he really dropped the ball last year and this year we need him to make a flurry of strong moves...

We don't need a miracle here...we need a sound offseason and the 2009 and 2010 version of Rex and I fully believe next year is the year of the Jet.

Right now it hurts but in the long run we will look back at 2011 and realize that it was the jumping off point for the next step....this team needed to take a smack in the face....

Feel free to bump this thread next year at this time, because next year at this time the Jets will be getting ready to play in the Superbowl.

I agree. If Sanchez is as smart as I think he is, the criticism will motivate him to get to the next level. But this is not all on him. I think from the coaching staff to the players, the team will be better. Tanny and Rex know next year is critical given NE and NYG postseason success. With all the questions heading into the offseason -- 17 FA, it is not a surprise that we took a step back this season. It happens to a lot of teams. Part of the growing pains when you get so close.

All League
    We all do, then reality sets in.

Hall Of Fame

I totally agree. Teams go from worst to first and back and forth all the time. So, what is so hard for the Jets to do the same? This is the same foundation of talent that got us to AFC Championships two years in a row.

Forget about Peyton Manning Jets fans. If he doesn't play for the Colts, he'll retire.

We need to get serious about improving the team for next season and I believe they can easily do it. They played this season 10 million under the cap.

1) FORCE Sanchez to accept a paycut. It's laughable if anyone thinks he's worth 14 million this season.

2) Cut all the dead weight. Bart Scott IMO is way overpaid. The same could be said about Calvin Pace. Keep wayne Hunter as a backup only if he will also accept a paycut.

3) Sign Mario Williams. For those of us who think this is such a crazy idea. Think about this for a minute. He's versatile and will fit right in with Rex's schemes. He can play LB in a 3-4 formation or DE in a 4-3 formation. He's custom made for our hybrid scheme.

4) Sign a RT. We need another guy like Damien Woody. Not only a great player in his day but also a LEADER, which is something the Jets need more of.

5) Sign a RB. LT is done and we need someone else who can correctly compliment Shonn Greene in our two back system.

6) Sign a QB that has a legitimate chance at becoming the starter. Have him compete straight up with Sanchez and McElroy for the starting spot. Competition is always the best of things. It brings out the best in everyone. It's also what is best for the NYJ organization. No free rides. Prove your worth each and every season and show the rest of the team that you are the unquestioned leader.

7) Draft either a LB, DE, WR, or Safety. We need help in all of those areas, but getting improving all of those spots won't be necessary.

All of this is easily attainable. It would also immediately catapult us back into title contention.

JetsInsider.com Legend

So you don't think we need any upgrades at LB or at RB?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    NEXT YEAR:

1) SANTONIO WILL BE BENCHED, THEN, SENT HOME BY WEEK 10

2) SANCHEZ WILL BE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME - PLAYING HIS WAY OFF OF THE TEAM - BEING BENCHED IN WEEK 13 WITH CHAD HENNE TAKING SNAPS

3) PEYTON MANNING WILL BE LEADING THE REDSKINS TO A WILDCARD

4) SCOTT, KELLER, AND CROMARTE WILL ASK FOR TRADES AT SEASON'S END

5) SHONN GREENE WILL GET BENCHED 2X BY SPORANO FOR "FUMBLITIS"

WINDOW CLOSED
    Gosh I'm having such a hard time hearing you

Banned
    NEXT YEAR:

2) SANCHEZ WILL BE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME - PLAYING HIS WAY OFF OF THE TEAM - BEING BENCHED IN WEEK 13 WITH CHAD HENNE TAKING SNAPS

WINDOW CLOSED

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOOK AT ME

NOTICE ME

LOOK AT ME

NOTICE ME

LOOK AT ME

NOTICE ME

MY NAME IS SCHROY
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So you don't think we need any upgrades at LB or at RB?
    I think the items I listed are higher priority....if those happen I think we are contenders again....anything else ant hurt...but again if I had to prioritize I'd go safety, wr num 2 and rt first.

Lb and rb follow that.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    NEXT YEAR:

WINDOW CLOSED
    Your window is closed. COme back in a week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Your window is closed. COme back in a week.
    Thank you. I was silently weeping scrolling down, knowing what I had to do.

But...you did it.

Thankyou!

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I just about **** myself when I saw this lfmao

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Firing Schotty already makes next season look a little brighter.
    This.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    We all do, then reality sets in.
    ...and this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I totally agree. Teams go from worst to first and back and forth all the time. So, what is so hard for the Jets to do the same? This is the same foundation of talent that got us to AFC Championships two years in a row.

Forget about Peyton Manning Jets fans. If he doesn't play for the Colts, he'll retire.

We need to get serious about improving the team for next season and I believe they can easily do it. They played this season 10 million under the cap.

1) FORCE Sanchez to accept a paycut. It's laughable if anyone thinks he's worth 14 million this season.

2) Cut all the dead weight. Bart Scott IMO is way overpaid. The same could be said about Calvin Pace. Keep wayne Hunter as a backup only if he will also accept a paycut.

3) Sign Mario Williams. For those of us who think this is such a crazy idea. Think about this for a minute. He's versatile and will fit right in with Rex's schemes. He can play LB in a 3-4 formation or DE in a 4-3 formation. He's custom made for our hybrid scheme.

4) Sign a RT. We need another guy like Damien Woody. Not only a great player in his day but also a LEADER, which is something the Jets need more of.

5) Sign a RB. LT is done and we need someone else who can correctly compliment Shonn Greene in our two back system.

6) Sign a QB that has a legitimate chance at becoming the starter. Have him compete straight up with Sanchez and McElroy for the starting spot. Competition is always the best of things. It brings out the best in everyone. It's also what is best for the NYJ organization. No free rides. Prove your worth each and every season and show the rest of the team that you are the unquestioned leader.

7) Draft either a LB, DE, WR, or Safety. We need help in all of those areas, but getting improving all of those spots won't be necessary.

All of this is easily attainable. It would also immediately catapult us back into title contention.
    Man, I don't think Hunter would even be a good WalMart greeter, just saying!