Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First thing we do this free agency period

Hall Of Fame

First thing we do this free agency period

Either sign or trade for Bernie Pollard.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sign Pouha, #1 priority. Before FA starts.

All League
    Just have him blitz Brady on every play.

AFC East = solved

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Either sign or trade for Bernie Pollard.
    I've been wanting him since the chiefs cut/released him. He would be bad ass in a rex defense IMO. Still shocked the chiefs released this 2nd rounder who plays physical.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sign Pouha, #1 priority. Before FA starts.
    I do agree with you on this. POUHA is a priority. I would like your thoughts on the safety positions. What would you look to do to shore it up? Do you think Tracy Wilson can play. What about Gerald Alexander.

Guys please feel free to chime in.

Hall Of Fame
    First thing we do this free agency is FIND A RIGHT TACKLE WHO CAN PASS-BLOCK!!

I've had enough of Wayne "Turnstile" Hunter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I do agree with you on this. POUHA is a priority. I would like your thoughts on the safety positions. What would you look to do to shore it up? Do you think Tracy Wilson can play. What about Gerald Alexander.

I would still go after Branch or Griffin (Landry would be a consolation, IMO), but I think a pass rusher is the pick in the draft. I would concentrate on finding a RT, who may be the 2nd pick, or oddly Ducasse has this last season to solidify. A trade to slide down a few spots and pick up a pick or two is preferable. So OLB in the draft. I don't believe you take a WR or RB with the first pick.

S, RB, WR, could all be had in later rounds of the draft. A pass rusher not so much.

It's hard to game plan because you have to know what's available when, and then act on it. The players will also have to want to play here as well. Pouha does. Who else?

Sign Pouha, sign a safety,

Hall Of Fame
    Sign Pouha then get a safety there's a few good ones in FA. If possible get oline for depth and maybe find a starter.

Waterboy
    RT is a must , We have to get a Bray type WR .... and two Safeties ....... Plus Cut Bart "can't Make a Play" Scott, Eric "cant cover or tackle" Smith and Wayne "I couldnt stop a D3 end from getting to the QB" Hunter .....

Hopefully we find a way to get Carl Nicks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1991 View Post
    RT is a must , We have to get a Bray type WR .... and two Safeties ....... Plus Cut Bart "can't Make a Play" Scott, Eric "cant cover or tackle" Smith and Wayne "I couldnt stop a D3 end from getting to the QB" Hunter .....

Hopefully we find a way to get Carl Nicks
    You don't cut guys without a viable replacement. Mauga, is not better than Scott. Ducasse...........maybe , but Eric Smith is going to be a Jet next season.

You can't cut anyone until their replacement is found.

Waterboy
    You don't cut guys without a viable replacement. Mauga, is not better than Scott. Ducasse...........maybe , but Eric Smith is going to be a Jet next season.

You can't cut anyone until their replacement is found.
    Scott was Awful last year - replacement - d'qwell jackson

Hunter's Replacement - Kareem McKenzie

Eric Smith Replacement- Abram Elam or Bryan Scott

Also Paul Soliai could be a fit at NT

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

this much is obvious. absolutely.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Scott was Awful last year - replacement - d'qwell jackson

Hunter's Replacement - Kareem McKenzie

Eric Smith Replacement- Abram Elam or Bryan Scott

Also Paul Soliai could be a fit at NT
    Scott wasn't as bad as some other players. Soliai? Why would you even suggest we replace our best DLineman? You lost credibility right there.

Waterboy
    Scott wasn't as bad as some other players. Soliai? Why would you even suggest we replace our best DLineman? You lost credibility right there.
    sione pouha is 33 and Soliai is 28 Plus Bigger which is better for a 3-4 type Defense

So my Question to you is Pouha worth giving a 3 year deal to ?

With the Understanding that he will be 36 at the end of his deal

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sione pouha is 33 and Soliai is 28 Plus Bigger which is better for a 3-4 type Defense

So my Question to you is Pouha worth giving a 3 year deal to ?

With the Understanding that he will be 36 at the end of his deal
    Pouha is good NOW. Not a "what if" or a "maybe". You find his replacement over the course of time concurrent with his contract. You speed that process up if his play begins to decline. His play is one of the most consistent on the team RIGHT NOW. Other areas to focus on.

Waterboy
    Pouha is good NOW. Not a "what if" or a "maybe". You find his replacement over the course of time concurrent with his contract. You speed that process up if his play begins to decline. His play is one of the most consistent on the team RIGHT NOW. Other areas to focus on.
    I would welcome him back but i wouldnt break the bank for him Aka Holmes ....
    Year to Year a player can go from great to Average

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I would welcome him back but i wouldnt break the bank for him Aka Holmes ....
    Year to Year a player can go from great to Average
    Or average to Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

From your lips to Gods ear

All Pro
    The more I break it down the more I think Pouha will not be back. I was actually more impressed with what I saw from Ellis then Wilk. There are some good late round NT in this draft as well. I think Pouha will be looking for Kevin Willliams money. If he agent settles for anything less then 7 mil a year he isn't doing his job IMO. He is over 30 and we don't have a lot of money to spend. Their are a few DL out there that will come much cheaper if we go that FA route. As well as much needed upgrades for the other side of Wilk to compensate.

I think our 1st priority should be S then LB. Both are more pressing needs and we will need at least 2 in both area's. Even if we plan on drafting a LB we could still add a FA there, as well same with S. If we get our targets early I could see us looking at possible WRs and Pouha if he hasn't been offered that high dollar contract. There is not much out there at RT and the ones that are aren't going to sign early so no real rush there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

ehh Pouha should be signed if possible but I think Ellis is his replacement.

Priorities:

1. Trade Holmes
    2. Cut McElroy
    3. Sign/Draft WR
    4. Draft RT
    5. Draft OLB
    6. Draft/Sign S