Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: New Story: So You Say You Want Braylon Back?

  1. #1
    All Jets 24/7
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    JI Land
    Posts
    1,911

    Post New Story: So You Say You Want Braylon Back?

    The idea of longing for what once was is completely natural in all areas of human life, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have it right when you romanticize about what you once had. Everyone has done it, you start think about an old girlfriend and immediately you start to remember all the fun and good things about her. You conveniently*gloss over all the bad, the drama and the headaches, that caused*you to break up in the first place. It's not that you want her back, it's that you're not happy with where you're at. So you start romanticizing,*tricking your...

    More...

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Quote from the opinion piece...

    However there are better/healthier/more talented options available for relatively cheap

    Feel free to list all of these better, as cheap, healthier options and we'll be glad to listen.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quote from the opinion piece...

    However there are better/healthier/more talented options available for relatively cheap

    Feel free to list all of these better, as cheap, healthier options and we'll be glad to listen.


    +1111111111111111 that is the point..the edwards "attraction" is the notion we can get him on the cheap..otherwise if its goin to cost $$ its a mute point..just move on!!

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quote from the opinion piece...

    However there are better/healthier/more talented options available for relatively cheap

    Feel free to list all of these better, as cheap, healthier options and we'll be glad to listen.
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.

  6. #6
    i'm not sure if braylon is the best choice but the writer is wrong when he assesses edwards production as solid in 2010. this is because we saw considerable drop off in holmes and we didn't see replacement production out of plax. not to mention cotchery and smith. obviously edwards wasn't competely responsible for the success in 2011 but it can be argued that his loss was most of the decline.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Please give me access to your crystal ball. I mean you must have one since you know that ALL of these receivers will be better than Edwards in their first year.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quote from the opinion piece...

    However there are better/healthier/more talented options available for relatively cheap

    Feel free to list all of these better, as cheap, healthier options and we'll be glad to listen.
    My thoughts exactly as I was reading this piece.

    Chris must be Dreamers.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by cnimbley View Post
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.
    Relatively cheap man? Are you out of your mind. Garcon just turned down 7 mill a year, Meachem is gonna want that much if not more, and Wayne will definitely come at price (along with wanting to follow Manning).

  10. #10
    I'll say again that I saw Edwards drop a lot of easy catches. I've posted the link before calculating that he was was ranked 40th across 2009-2010 for Recievers who were able to catch all of thier catchable balls.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cnimbley View Post
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.
    Yeah, right. Edwards put up 16 TDs (one of the highest totals in NFL history) playing with absolute trash as QB. Are you telling us Meachem and Garcon are capable of that?

    Then, he plays with a rookie and second year QB, who wasn't a very good passer, and puts up 900+ yards in 15 games (you said 16, but he sat in the Buffalo game) in 2010. That surely would have been 1,000 + with even a decent QB.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'll say again that I saw Edwards drop a lot of easy catches. I've posted the link before calculating that he was was ranked 40th across 2009-2010 for Recievers who were able to catch all of thier catchable balls.
    And he had more big plays by himself in 2010 than all of our WRs had combined in 2011. What's your point?

    I'll take a HR and two strikeouts over two singles.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by cnimbley View Post
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.
    Garcon will NOT be cheaper.

    Reggie Wayne = too much mileage plus I think he'd want more than Edwards. he'll turn 34 during the season.

    And I don't necessarily think Meachem is more talented than Edwards. And he'll be 28 when the season starts.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And he had more big plays by himself in 2010 than all of our WRs had combined in 2011. What's your point?

    I'll take a HR and two strikeouts over two singles.
    Also he had less drops than Holmes in 2010... so there is that lol gotta love the facts.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Garcon will NOT be cheaper.

    Reggie Wayne = too much mileage plus I think he'd want more than Edwards. he'll turn 34 during the season.

    And I don't necessarily think Meachem is more talented than Edwards. And he'll be 28 when the season starts.
    Also doesn't Meachem get injured A LOT. Not to mention the fact that he sat out his rookie season cause he had to have KNEE SURGERY after blowing out his knee... love when people make stuff up. Healthier... lol

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Also he had less drops than Holmes in 2010... so there is that lol gotta love the facts.
    The guy was 6th in the league in big plays WITH A LIMITED QB (how many big plays if Rodgers was his QB? Wow), yet he's complaining that Edwards dropped a few balls. Who cares? It's better to have a guy who can make something happen when he catches the ball than a bunch of dink and dunk.



    Here was our offense last year: dink, dunk, dink, dunk, penalty (erases the previous dink and dunks), dink, interception. Pathetic!

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by cnimbley View Post
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.
    Bro. please.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    Well, if his health isn't stopping you from wanting him, his personality should. We have one cancer (Holmes) and should steer clear of all others (you saw what happened with Burress).

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by cnimbley View Post
    I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

    Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.
    I for one don't agree that a healthy Braylon is inferior to any of those fellows you mentioned.

    Besides, the dude is tailor made for the Jets O and vice versa. I don't see any of those guys playing on the Jets and making the same impact. Horses for courses and all that.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    Some of these posts make Vin's obsession seem mild.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us