Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Bringing WR Donnie Avery in for visit

Hall Of Fame

Jets Bringing WR Donnie Avery in for visit

Per Adam Caplan

Hall Of Fame
    The guy looked promising his 1st year and half in stl then things went off the rails.

Hall Of Fame
    Our Brandon Lloyd?

scrub with potential ...how many of these types are we going to look at

All League
    for dirt cheap yes, but I would much rather take braylon

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The more the Jets make these moves, the more I'm convinced they're going WR early in the draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    The more the Jets make these moves, the more I'm convinced they're going WR early in the draft.
    Hello Nick Toon and Mohammed Sanu.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Floyd

All Pro
    one things for certain.....

Landry, Schilens, Nelson, Avery, asking the O and D to lose weight......

The Jets are serious about getting faster...

All League
    toon would be a great 3rd round pick for us if he drops there

All League
    AND???

If we use both 2nd and 3rd rounds on WR's I'm going to turn off the draft

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    AND???

If we use both 2nd and 3rd rounds on WR's I'm going to turn off the draft
    We'll use our 1st on a safety or pass rusher. And hopefully we do something we never do: trade down and collect picks for once. This is a deep draft in several positions that we need.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Per Adam Caplan
    Awesome news! Are we trying to obtain the worst wide receivers core in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Awesome news! Are we trying to obtain the worst wide receivers core in the league?
    Miami has that locked down...

Hall Of Fame
    He's a former first round pick

Do you ever post anything that is even remotely true, or makes sense, or is the persistent bull**** your way of posting?

Edit: He is a former 34th overall pick.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-19-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Practice Squad
    If I am not mistaken, The Jets put in a claim for Donnie Avery last year when he got cut. They ended up with another Rams player in Mardy Gilyard. That didn't last very long.

Back to Avery, The Jets under Sparano are looking to stretch the field and keep defenses honest. They need deep threats in order for that to happen. Make defenses pay for having 8 men in the box to stop the run. The Jets offense last year had only 2 pass plays over 40 yards. The year before, Braylon Edwards was 6th in the entire league in pass plays over 40 yards.

Players like Donnie Avery and Chaz Schilens are worth a flyer as #4 or #5 receivers based on their skill sets. The Jets would just be taking a flyer on a player like Avery. So I wouldn't take it as a serious signing. I am kind of surprised that the Jets aren't bringing in Ted Ginn Jr. for a visit. His absence cost the 49ers an NFC Championship and a trip to the superbowl. Mike Westhoff would have alot of fun with Ginn and he's worked with Sparano before. Plus, it would free up McKnight to concentrate on offense since there is a strong possibility that he could be the Jets next 3rd down back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He's a former first round pick

Do you ever post anything that is even remotely true, or makes sense, or is the persistent bull**** your way of posting?

Edit: He is a former 34th overall pick.

How does that change what I said? What I said is true..he's a scrub with potential. Got cut twice. Hasn't had a decent year since he's been a rookie.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    If I am not mistaken, The Jets put in a claim for Donnie Avery last year when he got cut. They ended up with another Rams player in Mardy Gilyard. That didn't last very long.

Back to Avery, The Jets under Sparano are looking to stretch the field and keep defenses honest. They need deep threats in order for that to happen. Make defenses pay for having 8 men in the box to stop the run. The Jets offense last year had only 2 pass plays over 40 yards. The year before, Braylon Edwards was 6th in the entire league in pass plays over 40 yards.

Players like Donnie Avery and Chaz Schilens are worth a flyer as #4 or #5 receivers based on their skill sets. The Jets would just be taking a flyer on a player like Avery. So I wouldn't take it as a serious signing. I am kind of surprised that the Jets aren't bringing in Ted Ginn Jr. for a visit. His absence cost the 49ers an NFC Championship and a trip to the superbowl. Mike Westhoff would have alot of fun with Ginn and he's worked with Sparano before. Plus, it would free up McKnight to concentrate on offense since there is a strong possibility that he could be the Jets next 3rd down back.
    This......

The key is that Sparano is excellent in many was for curing the structual problems that have been assoiciated with the Jets.

Coach Sprags has had an excellent view on how to defend the Jets as the former Miami HC. Hopefully the rest of the Jets staff is paying attention and listening.

Hall Of Fame
    How does that change what I said? What I said is true..he's a scrub with potential. Got cut twice. Hasn't had a decent year since he's been a rookie.
    He isn't a scrub, he was a big part of the Ram offense, and was a big part of Bradford's success in his rookie year. He didn't get cut twice, he got hurt. Big difference.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post

Good point about Ginn, would be very interested in bringing him in for a look, though I think Avery is a step in that direction. Avery can also return kicks and punts.