Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson speaks...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Have you seen Drew Stanton, Mark Brunell at aged 41 and Kellen Clemens throw as backup quarterbacks...

fortunately Tebow can actually do something other than throw called running extremely well, something none of those hacks could do along with not being able to pass
    Then he should be a running back. Quarterbacks should be able to throw.

Hall Of Fame
    maybe you missed it when everyone on the planet said that is what his role will be with the Jets....

did you ever hear of a player named Brad Smith? Of course, judging from your signature line, your hatred for Tebow has NOTHING to do with football and all to do with something else

which, my friend, is sad

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He can throw well enough to be a back-up QB

It's not that I don't like your opinion. You're an obsessive windbag who is spewing nothing but garbage.
    Oh u mean hitting the ground five yards in front of the wrs nt completing 65% of his passes is throwing well enough... Outstanding.
    I'm spewing facts about our new backup qb. Sorry if that is garbage to you.
    Mabe the jets can draft a running back who can't run, that'll surely add a new wrinkle to the offense.
    Carry on. Thank you for the enlightenment.
    Last edited by maddbaron; 03-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.

maybe you missed it when everyone on the planet said that is what his role will be with the Jets....

did you ever hear of a player named Brad Smith? Of course, judging from your signature line, your hatred for Tebow has NOTHING to do with football and all to do with something else

which, my friend, is sad
    Players who ran the wildcat for the jets in the past even going back to leon Washington once in a blue moon did indeed pass, they didn't run 100% percent of the time.
    Tebow is being brought in to run the wild cat, sooo that means at some point he will have to.... Wait for it..... THROW.
    And according to Rex and tanny he's the official backup sooo again if need be he will have to THROW.
    If he can't throw he isn't a quarterback.
    Even cam newton as his running style was able to pass the ball.

My signature is a link to funny or die....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by maddbaron View Post
    Oh u mean hitting the ground five yards in front of the wrs nt completing 65% of his passes is throwing well enough... Outstanding.
    I'm spewing facts about our new backup qb. Sorry if that is garbage to you.
    Mabe the jets can draft a running back who can't run, that'll surely add a new wrinkle to the offense.
    Carry on. Thank you for the enlightenment.
    How old are you? Seriously? You post like you don't have a ****ing clue about the game.

I'm well aware of Tebow's limitations, don't bother using stats, they are meaningless, it doesn't change anything I've said, and it makes everything you've said, even more mindbogglingly dumb.

MOST back-up QB's in the league, AS I'VE said, have flaws, this is news to nobody, except for anti-Tebow blowhards such as yourself.

What is garbage is your obsessive ranting on the subject which has yet to include a SINGLE piece of substance.

Hall Of Fame
    Tebow can actually throw the ball way better tnan Leon Washington or Brad Smith ever demonstrated that they could do. Smith was also a quarterback in college but almost never threw the ball running the Jets wildcat. Tebow was a full time quarterback for an NFL team last season and even threw a winning touchdown pass in OT in the playoffs to defeat the Steelers...

but then again, why am I trying to discuss the football aspects of this with you. Let's discuss that hilarious Funny or Die tagline of yours instead

All Pro
    I'm well aware of Tebow's limitations, don't bother using stats, they are meaningless, it doesn't change anything I've said,
    Only the bad ones are meaningless.

Tebow can actually throw the ball way better tnan Leon Washington or Brad Smith ever demonstrated that they could do. Smith was also a quarterback in college but almost never threw the ball running the Jets wildcat. Tebow was a full time quarterback for an NFL team last season and even threw a winning touchdown pass in OT in the playoffs to defeat the Steelers...

but then again, why am I trying to discuss the football aspects of this with you. Let's discuss that hilarious Funny or Die tagline of yours instead

Ok so first, he's a great runner so his throwing ability doesn't matter...because he's gonna run the wildcat so I bring up even in the wildcat once or twice the payer running it has to throw so u retort, well he throws better than Leon and smith ... What's ur stance, u seem to be flip flopping to fit ur argument.

My stance is he isn't a qb... Never said he wasn't a football player just not a qb and he shouldn't be the number 2.... Ur only defense along with others is well he can run. That makes him a rb not a qb. Unless they've redefined what a qb does since Friday ?

Hall Of Fame
    I love the anti-Tebow blowhards

With the exception of a few, the majority haven't even thought of the pure football benefits of having a Tebow on the team, and haven't considered the potential of his versatility.

They immediately write off the Jets' football reasons, or the potential reasons for the move

Just maybe, maybe, the Jets love this kid because he's been a winner all of his life.

Remove yourselves from what transpired last year in Denver, he played on a team that did NOT have a QB, he was drafted for the longterm, the HC who drafted him was moved, but it became evident Tebow's penchant in the NFL was probably not going to be as a starting QB

He is admired for his intensity, his passion, his ability as a running QB, as a football player. He's improved his throwing, but it still has a long way to go, but he does things on pure will that many players in the league can't do, and DON'T do, he has athletic ability, he has ability to play in an H-back role, he has intangibles that are off the chart

Jets' Woody Johnson said it best, "he's been a winner all of his life," what the hell is wrong with adding a player of his ilk which is a SORELY needed addition on this team?

I could care less about the circus.

Why? Because it is PURELY media drive, it is today, will be tomorrow, it ALWAYS will be

Jets fans, NY fans are a hell of a lot smart than many who are acting on this board since the move was made, we realize the flaws Tebow has, most of which was not apparent in Denver, but it was a completely different situation, as mentioned, the Broncos QB situation last year was tenuous before Tebow even became the starter, this IS NOT the case with the Jets.

The criticism has been Sanchez has been coddled, Sanchez needed competition on the roster, this was the media spin, this was the fan spin because of the media spin

So the Jets go out, tell the world, Manning is NOT their guy, that Sanchez is their guy, and now Tebow is a guy that they want to add to the team because of all of the aforementioned abilities and qualities, AND to do the things the MEDIA and some FANS thought the Jets needed to do...

Jets go out and do that, and the MEDIA have done a complete 180 since the move was made...

WHY SO MANY OF YOU DON'T SEE THIS CRAP, IS BEYOND ME

Maybe I give many Jets fans, too much credit.

Do yourselves a favor, stop buying into the bull**** media!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Only the bad ones are meaningless.
    No, not only the bad ones, the ones that don't make sense relative to many topics.

Stats can be spun in many different ways when presented with an agenda.

The media does this well, so do many fans.

How old are you? Seriously? You post like you don't have a ****ing clue about the game.

I'm well aware of Tebow's limitations, don't bother using stats, they are meaningless, it doesn't change anything I've said, and it makes everything you've said, even more mindbogglingly dumb.

MOST back-up QB's in the league, AS I'VE said, have flaws, this is news to nobody, except for anti-Tebow blowhards such as yourself.

What is garbage is your obsessive ranting on the subject which has yet to include a SINGLE piece of substance.

Dude, u keep talkin like your thoughts are valued assessments to me.

They simply aren't.

He's the number two qb. But he can't pass... I mean hey maybe that doesn't freak u out but it does freak me out. He's a fine football player and a good runner sooo he should be a rb... That's my stance.

Why that gets u all upset is beyond me and honestly doesn't matter to me.

I don't hate tebow is dislike what he represents on this team. I dislike the FO lying to rationalize a move even nfl players say is dumb. I dislike that they want to put their starter head to head with tebow and this army of freaks for the job of starter yet tebow can't throw!

If they wanted to push Sanchez they should have gone after Flynn or another qb who can do what a real qb can. Not go for a sideshow gimmick.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude, u keep talkin like your thoughts are valued assessments to me.

They simply aren't.

He's the number two qb. But he can't pass... I mean hey maybe that doesn't freak u out but it does freak me out. He's a fine football player and a good runner sooo he should be a rb... That's my stance.

Why that gets u all upset is beyond me and honestly doesn't matter to me.

I don't hate tebow is dislike what he represents on this team. I dislike the FO lying to rationalize a move even nfl players say is dumb. I dislike that they want to put their starter head to head with tebow and this army of freaks for the job of starter yet tebow can't throw!

If they wanted to push Sanchez they should have gone after Flynn or another qb who can do what a real qb can. Not go for a sideshow gimmick.
    Flynn wants to be a starter, he's earned the opportunity to compete for a starting job, a Flynn move would have been stupid. Just the fact you suggest it, just proves to me I was right, you really don't have a ****ing clue of what you're talking about.

Flynn wants to be a starter, he's earned the opportunity to compete for a starting job, a Flynn move would have been stupid. Just the fact you suggest it, just proves to me I was right, you really don't have a ****ing clue of what you're talking about.
    awww name calling... how cute...dont agree with u and i'm wrong. right?
    tebow wasnt brought in here to help sanchez and everyone knows it. he was brought in here to take his job, tebow even said rex told him he'd be allowed to compete and get better as a qb.

tebow even said to gruden b4 he was drafted he intends to be a qb and at some point resist moves that take that away. Before he was traded he was in california training as a QB.

so now all of sudden a guy who has been told "hey tim u r a qb!" who thinks himself a starting qb is gonna accept being a "wildcat" qb who plays on specials who will run non-qb plays and sit on the sidelines as a backup all happy and sh*t?

u sold yourself on the dream and thats fine. But vet qb from Montana, Boomer, Namath and Lucas along with other posters see the real deal. This isn't a media thing either.

Stick your head in the sand if u want but until Tim Tebow accepts his new role and changes position the jets are doomed. he isn't a qb.

the jets aren't slick. They keep giving sanchez backhanded compliments then go and get this sideshow. They want to push Sanchez, fine their deal but it would be more legit and less rigged if they got a legit QB. Flynn was an opinion as were others.

Hall Of Fame
    awww name calling... how cute...dont agree with u and i'm wrong. right?
    tebow wasnt brought in here to help sanchez and everyone knows it. he was brought in here to take his job, tebow even said rex told him he'd be allowed to compete and get better as a qb.

tebow even said to gruden b4 he was drafted he intends to be a qb and at some point resist moves that take that away. Before he was traded he was in california training as a QB.

so now all of sudden a guy who has been told "hey tim u r a qb!" who thinks himself a starting qb is gonna accept being a "wildcat" qb who plays on specials who will run non-qb plays and sit on the sidelines as a backup all happy and sh*t?

u sold yourself on the dream and thats fine. But vet qb from Montana, Boomer, Namath and Lucas along with other posters see the real deal. This isn't a media thing either.

Stick your head in the sand if u want but until Tim Tebow accepts his new role and changes position the jets are doomed. he isn't a qb.
    What namecalling?

Like your football posts, you apparently can't read.

I hope Tebow continues to push himself

I also know because of what I see on the field, he doesn't have the ability to be a full-time starter

I love the potential of what he can bring to the Jets based on all that I've mentioned.

You continue to hate on it for no reason at all, except what Boomer, Ray Lucas, and Namath (LOL) think of it.

Try thinking for yourself, for once, it might help..

Hall Of Fame
    Your calling him a blowhard. Tebow didn't earn a starting job ? And doesn't feel he should be a starter like Flynn.

Do you have a ****ing clue what you're talking about?

What namecalling?

Like your football posts, you apparently can't read.

I hope Tebow continues to push himself

I also know because of what I see on the field, he doesn't have the ability to be a full-time starter

I love the potential of what he can bring to the Jets based on all that I've mentioned.

You continue to hate on it for no reason at all, except what Boomer, Ray Lucas, and Namath (LOL) think of it.

Try thinking for yourself, for once, it might help..
    man listen, in this thread and others u name call and get sooo aggressive when ppl dont agree with u. thats fine ur stress not mine. I've already given my opinion and my response to yours yet u keep attacking b/c u disagree.

THATS ALL YOU.

My opinion on Tebow is clear and was stated even before former NFL players spoke up.

Again, don't like my opinion? Tough.

Hall Of Fame
    here's my stance, maddbarron ---take notes because it's the same stance I've been at the plate with (sort of like Stan Musial's crouch) for about 4 days now...

Tim Tebow has been acquired by the Jets for two reasons...first to be the backup quarterback in case of an emergency) In this role he is a BETTER such quarterback than either 42 year old Mark Brunell who did it last season OR Drew Stanton who was briefly signed to do it, That is my opinion...

second, he was brought here to run a running based change of pace direct snap offense that the Jets ran SUCCESSFULLY when Leon Washington did it and when Brad Smith did it and not so much last season when the combo of Moe, Kerley and Ladainian tried to do it. Tebow should be at least as good in this role as Smith was AND there is no doubt (passing mechanics issues and all which I agree with) that he is a better passer if such a play is called from that offense than either Leon Washington or Brad Smith were.

So we get a backup quarterback that is superior to Brunell just standing on the sidelines and one who can actually contribute during a game in a formation that the Jets have run for years, probably as well as Leon or Brad did in their tenure with the Jets.

I hope this once again explains my stance (which is quite uncomfortable as it probably also was for Stan the Man)

Hall Of Fame
    man listen, in this thread and others u name call and get sooo aggressive when ppl dont agree with u. thats fine ur stress not mine. I've already given my opinion and my response to yours yet u keep attacking b/c u disagree.

THATS ALL YOU.

My opinion on Tebow is clear and was stated even before former NFL players spoke up.

Again, don't like my opinion? Tough.
    I've been aggressive with people who spout of aimlessly and aggressive as you have.

I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking your obsessive and baseless tantrums

You still have yet to give a SINGLE thought or substance to why you don't like the Tebow move, just regurgitating the hack media, and using former player comments.

Naturally, you can have your opinion, I've never said otherwise, just as I'm allowed to call you out, as others have, for being unreasonable and annoying in your obsessive tantrums.

I've asked you once before, how old are you, how long have you been a Jets fan? I'm genuinely curious.

Hall Of Fame
    here's my stance, maddbarron ---take notes because it's the same stance I've been at the plate with (sort of like Stan Musial's crouch) for about 4 days now...

Tim Tebow has been acquired by the Jets for two reasons...first to be the backup quarterback in case of an emergency) In this role he is a BETTER such quarterback than either 42 year old Mark Brunell who did it last season OR Drew Stanton who was briefly signed to do it, That is my opinion...

second, he was brought here to run a running based change of pace direct snap offense that the Jets ran SUCCESSFULLY when Leon Washington did it and when Brad Smith did it and not so much last season when the combo of Moe, Kerley and Ladainian tried to do it. Tebow should be at least as good in this role as Smith was AND there is no doubt (passin
    g mechanics issues and all which I agree with) that he is a better passer if such a play is called from that offense than either Leon Washington or Brad Smith were.

So we get a backup quarterback that is superior to Brunell just standing on the sidelines and one who can actually contribute during a game in a formation that the Jets have run for years, probably as well as Leon or Brad did in their tenure with the Jets.

I hope this once again explains my stance (which is quite uncomfortable as it probably also was for Stan the Man)
    Who gives a **** about your stance. Seriously

Hall Of Fame
    maddbarron asked me to explain it so I obliged

are you really the big ragu because you are starting to remind me of the big Hunt's ketchup instead