Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Faulk hates Sanchez

All League

Marshall Faulk hates Sanchez

Faulk on Tebow hitting N.Y.: 'All this is on (Sanchez)'

By Marc Sessler NFL.com

Tim Tebow's arrival in New York has generated a rainbow of reviews from critics. It's great for the Jets. It's a disaster for the Jets. The Jets have improved their talent base. The Jets have swung out of control.

NFL Network's Marshall Faulk believes Mark Sanchez, the Jets starting quarterback, has only himself to blame for his newfound competition.

"If I'm Mark Sanchez, and they bring in Tebow, it means I hit one of those spells that I always hit," Faulk told The Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday. "He's just -- Mark hasn't been consistent throughout the flow of games. He went weeks at a time and not looked good."

Coach Rex Ryan likes to point to consecutive AFC title game appearances under Sanchez, but this is a streaky young quarterback -- and where he goes, the Jets go.

Faulk singled out last season's prime-time clash between the Jets and Broncos in Week 11 as proof.

"The pick-six that Mark Sanchez threw against Denver, that they ran back for a touchdown and, in turn, gave Tebow an opportunity to drive down the field with the game-winning touchdown -- Mark Sanchez? Yeah, all this is on him."

Sanchez hasn't lost his job, not yet. Ryan maintains Sanchez is firmly rooted as the team's starter, but the Jets are unwilling to go through another season hoping he'll get it done. As promised, they've brought someone in to push him -- unfortunately for Sanchez, that someone is perceived by the hordes as a magic man on the field, something Sanchez has rarely been mistaken for.

Hall Of Fame
    I watch NFL Network all the time. Faulk is probably the most pro-Jet analyst on the network. He always picks them to win.

Also, ex-players are usually very hard on players. They don't like to blame coaching, they are the first ones to talk about execution and doing their job. Wonder why? Maybe b.c it is mostly the player's fault? Nah, can't be.

All League
    yup all sanchez. cant block a defensive end, catch the ball or run through a hole

Hall Of Fame
    I needed more evidence that Marshall Faulk is an idiot. Thanks.

Practice Squad
    Not that these 4 games make his career but every analyst that rips Sanchez tends to conveniently leave out the 4 playoff wins, consecutive AFC championship games as well as the 4 comeback wins a couple of years ago. Last year was a bad year for Sanchez but it wasn't all on him he was getting murdered by D-Ends all year and was dealing with receivers who just weren't getting open.

Hall Of Fame
    lol, the guy speaks the truth and people say he hates Sanchez and is stupid. What the hell did he say that was incorrect? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Not that these 4 games make his career but every analyst that rips Sanchez tends to conveniently leave out the 4 playoff wins, consecutive AFC championship games as well as the 4 comeback wins a couple of years ago. Last year was a bad year for Sanchez but it wasn't all on him he was getting murdered by D-Ends all year and was dealing with receivers who just weren't getting open.
    When you do something good...noone remembers

When you do something bad noone forgets.....

That's the type of world we live in sad but true....unless your Derek Jeter, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol, the guy speaks the truth and people say he hates Sanchez and is stupid. What the hell did he say that was incorrect? Nothing.
    Lahey, you're drunk again! Before this $h*t storm turns into a full scale $hiticane, the title comically calls back to the heady days of JI when even the slightest criticism of Sanchez got the reply "You hate Sanchez".

Oh how times change...

Hall Of Fame
    Don't you know if anyone critiques Sanchez they are an idiot?

It's not like Faulk was a good football player or knows what he is talking about.

All Pro
    jxc isn't a Sanchez homer (like myself). I'm not sure how he got "Marshall Faullk hates Sanchez" out of that.

Practice Squad
    Agree 100 percent. Why do Jets fans have such a hard time accepting that thus far in his career Sanchez has been a mediocre qb?

His completion percentage is in the mid 50's, any qb worth his salt in the league is at 60-65 and elites approach 70. He's lucky they brought in the one QB with a completion percentage in the 40's.

And nevermind that the throws he actually does complete are rarely pinpoint accurate. More often than not, even when balls are caught, they're thrown off target, significantly hampering the receivers ability to make hay after the catch.

The playoff wins argument holds very little water. We were the best running team with an elite defense. When teams run successfully qbs get amazing wide open, side of the barn sized play action opportunities that even an innacurate passer can hit. See Alex Smith this year. Notice how reluctant SF was to have him back? It's cause they know he can never put the team on his back.

I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez. But I'm realistic about what he's accomplished.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    jxc isn't a Sanchez homer (like myself). I'm not sure how he got "Marshall Faullk hates Sanchez" out of that.
    Word.
    Last edited by jxc; 03-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    +1

God forbid someone calls it like it is.

If Sanchez wasn't constantly skipping balls at receivers feet, overthrowing wide open guys by 10 yards, and chucking the ball into double coverage...then Tebow would be in Jacksonville and more people out there would have a more positive view on Mark Sanchez.

It seems like half of this board wants to blame anyone and everyone except for the guy behind center. It's always on Schitty, the OL, the receivers, or the backfield. It's never on Sanchez.

If this kid needs a Top 5 OL, running game, and defense year in and year out just to perform at an acceptable level, then why are we even wasting our time?

It's time for Sanchez to either take a huge step towards establishing himself as a franchise QB, or to get the hell out of dodge.

This is his last year to prove that he belongs. It's either sink or swim.

Mark Sanchez was very inconsistent last year. Now, there were reasons for that, as has been repeated here ad nauseum. But whatever the reasons, he was still inconsistent. That is what Faulk was saying. I'm a Sanchez supporter, but I can't find fault with that.

Yeah i don't get it either

If Sanchez were a better QB, I doubt the Jets would be doing this.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' One Eye View Post
    Agree 100 percent. Why do Jets fans have such a hard time accepting that thus far in his career Sanchez has been a mediocre qb?

His completion percentage is in the mid 50's, any qb worth his salt in the league is at 60-65 and elites approach 70. He's lucky they brought in the one QB with a completion percentage in the 40's.

And nevermind that the throws he actually does complete are rarely pinpoint accurate. More often than not, even when balls are caught, they're thrown off target, significantly hampering the receivers ability to make hay after the catch.

The playoff wins argument holds very little water. We were the best running team with an elite defense. When teams run successfully qbs get amazing wide open, side of the barn sized play action opportunities that even an innacurate passer can hit. See Alex Smith this year. Notice how reluctant SF was to have him back? It's cause they know he can never put the team on his back.

I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez. But I'm realistic about what he's accomplished.
    I think I am in love.

no homo.

Hall Of Fame
    The part about the Tebow trade being on Sanchez.

Tebow is here to sell tickets and t-shirts and to run the Wildcat. He is no threat to supplant Sanchez as the QB, because he is not a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think I am in love.

no homo.

Whatever you say, man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's not enjoyable thinking too hard about all the turnovers, some horrible and game-losing, that Sanchez made in 2011.

We have to hope he does better in 2012.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I see this as Faulk speaking the truth. Being objective. Something a lot of Jets fans can't be.

Not hating Sanchez. Misleading thread title.