Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys Explore Trading Felix Jones

Cowboys Explore Trading Felix Jones

I would LOVE him as a compliment/times share to Shonn Greene. Felix is AWESOME if held around 10 carries a game, which would spell Shonn and provide an explosive running style as a compliment. I don't like him as a full time back because his stats after 10 or so carries fall off a cliff. He would be a PERFECT fit with the Jets IMO. Could be interesting to see where he lands.

Of course it depends what he would command and how draft day shakes out...But given the right circumstances I would be thrilled if the Jets made a move for him.

Forte is out of the question guys. He will command way too much and we can't afford to give up what is needed for him and get him under the cap.

According to ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys have had "internal discussions" about trading Felix Jones.

Beat writer Calvin Watkins says it "wouldn't surprise anyone" if the Cowboys moved on from Jones if they found an early- to middle-round runner to replace him as DeMarco Murray's complementary back. Jones is signed only through 2012, so the time for Dallas to move on from him is now, if that's their true intent. It sounds like Jones will be available on draft weekend.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 04-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.

All League
    What I want in my RB is the complete inability to stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    mostly due to being a full time back

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i'd give Dallas a 5th rounder.

possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i'd give Dallas a 5th rounder.

possibly.
    totally..nothing crazy...a 5th MAYBE and i mean MAYBE a 4th depending on what the draft board looks like. Felix's price tag won't be high, but he's got tons of upside and would add a ton to our running attack IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    totally..nothing crazy...a 5th MAYBE and i mean MAYBE a 4th depending on what the draft board looks like. Felix's price tag won't be high, but he's got tons of upside and would add a ton to our running attack IMO.
    Cant give a 4th...we used that on a back up full back.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Cant give a 4th...we used that on a back up full back.
    i know that...

but who knows where shuffling and draft day movement will land us when the time comes.

All Pro
    I'll pass on signing/trading for a RB. We can just draft one at a minimal cost

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    if that worked effectively enough the last couple of years it wouldn't even be a question today....

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Exactly, while we find out how the last 3 pan out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Jones can't even stay on the field as a part time back.

Still... if he's cheap, he could be an effective compliment to Green. Different styles. I'd give them a 6th or a 7th for him. Otherwise Jerry Jones can keep him on the Cowboy bench while DeMarco Murray dominates.

All Pro
    no. draft a running back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Probably not in the cards for the Jets but we could definitely use a RB that can catch passes out of the backfield. It should be a priority if the team wants to develop Sanchez. Maybe McKnight can be that guy

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Probably not in the cards for the Jets but we could definitely use a RB that can catch passes out of the backfield. It should be a priority if the team wants to develop Sanchez. Maybe McKnight can be that guy
    He can catch it, the question is can he hold onto it.

All Pro
    Dallas had nothing at RB last year. I wouldn't give a 6th for Jones. There are still FA out their better then him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Dallas had nothing at RB last year. I wouldn't give a 6th for Jones. There are still FA out their better then him.
    Murray looked awesome when he was on the field.

All League
    Tebow and a 7th for Jones.

I'd be ALL OVER THAT.

I don't even like Jones.

Banned
    Felix Jones would be a good RB to compliment SG.

Practice Squad
    Only for a 6th. I just don't want to see Powell on the field this season because he is HORRIBLE.