Thread: Good beat writers for the Jets?

Good beat writers for the Jets?

Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays Jets related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players and enough bloggers, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

The only good writers I've found so far are:

@jennyvrentas
    @jameswalkerESPN
    @brian_bassett
    @thejetsstream
    @rodboone
    @richcimini
    @briancoz
    @benshpigel
    @espnnewyork

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: http://www.nfltweeter.com/jets I'd appreciate any feedback on the site as well.

Any other writers besides the ones I'm using that you guys feel are worth adding?

Thanks again!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsflow View Post
    Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays Jets related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players and enough bloggers, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

@jennyvrentas
    @jameswalkerESPN
    @brian_bassett
    @thejetsstream
    @rodboone
    @richcimini
    @briancoz
    @benshpigel
    @espnnewyork

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: http://www.nfltweeter.com/jets I'd appreciate any feedback on the site as well.

Any other writers besides the ones I'm using that you guys feel are worth adding?

Thanks again!
    Rod Boone doesn't cover the jets anymore. He was replaced by Kimberly Martin.

@KMart_LI

All Pro

@jennyvrentas
    @jameswalkerESPN
    @brian_bassett
    @thejetsstream
    @rodboone
    @richcimini
    @briancoz
    @benshpigel
    @espnnewyork

Thanks again!

not sure any are good used to like menesh but not so much anymore liked boone but he left. The guy who does the interviews on nyjets.com is pretty good though. I forgot his name but he looks like a young kid lol

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rod Boone doesn't cover the jets anymore. He was replaced by Kimberly Martin.

@KMart_LI
    Good catch. Removed Boone and swapped in KMart. Thanks again.

Anyone have any others that seem to leak rumors or news the fastest and most credible?

All Pro
    Good catch. Removed Boone and swapped in KMart. Thanks again.

Anyone have any others that seem to leak rumors or news the fastest and most credible?
    IB..........

Hall Of Fame
    Jason423

Best Jets writer.

Ever.

I dont have anyone to add, but it looks good! A one stop tweet shop for all Jets info.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

I'm debating banning this clown just based on @jetsinsider not being on his list.

Really?

BTW: the twitter feed on our front page has every viable jets writer on the planet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'm debating banning this clown just based on @jetsinsider not being on his list.

Really?
    Do it.

How can he forget the best place to go for everything Jets? Its a slap in the face if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Jet View Post
    I dont have anyone to add, but it looks good! A one stop tweet shop for all Jets info.
    Thanks for the compliment. Its been a lot of hard work. One stop shop is the idea! Even better it organizes them based on type. Player tweets vs. Writer tweets vs. Blogger tweets are all very different insights.

Please continue to use the site, and pass it on if you think others will enjoy. I love getting feedback to make it better for the end user.

Really?

BTW: the twitter feed on our front page has every viable jets writer on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Do it.

How can he forget the best place to go for everything Jets? Its a slap in the face if you ask me.
    Sorry for the miscommunication. The JetsInsider is on the website. I just placed it on the blogger column. I'm guessing you haven't got to check out the site yet. I was just asking for writers, guys who break news and rumors. In the third column I have bloggers, that is where I have placed JetsInsider. The purpose for the blogger column is to be more interactive. Based on analytics the end user seems to "look at" the writer column to see breaking news... but they tend to click on links in the blogger column to read articles or add discussion. I'm looking out for you guys!

And SoothSayer, if you would prefer your twitter handle to be in writers, I can move it there. I just thought it might create more traffic in the blogger column based on what users have shown so far.
    Last edited by jetsflow; 04-19-2012 at 08:44 PM.

@steiny31 he is always breaking something also tony pauline not sure what his twiiter is.

Hall Of Fame
    jetsflow, I was being sarcastic. Sooth isn't going to ban you for that (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    IB..........
    HAHA... maybe I'll give Bob his own feed on the home page!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    jetsflow, I was being sarcastic. Sooth isn't going to ban you for that (I think).
    Just wanted to make sure you guys knew you were taken care of! Thanks.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Thanks for the compliment. Its been a lot of hard work. One stop shop is the idea! Even better it organizes them based on type. Player tweets vs. Writer tweets vs. Blogger tweets are all very different insights.

Please continue to use the site, and pass it on if you think others will enjoy. I love getting feedback to make it better for the end user.

Sorry for the miscommunication. The JetsInsider is on the website. I just placed it on the blogger column. I'm guessing you haven't got to check out the site yet. I was just asking for writers, guys who break news and rumors. In the third column I have bloggers, that is where I have placed JetsInsider. The purpose for the blogger column is to be more interactive. Based on analytics the end user seems to "look at" the writer column to see breaking news... but they tend to click on links in the blogger column to read articles or add discussion. I'm looking out for you guys!

And SoothSayer, if you would prefer your twitter handle to be in writers, I can move it there. I just thought it might create more traffic in the blogger column based on what users have shown so far.
    FYI, just to drop some knowledge on you....We are not a blog. We are a credentialed media source by the Jets and NFL that covers the team every day with writers at the complex and in the stadium press box and locker room. This will be our ninth season doing this and 13th season online. We cover the same as every newspaper (actually some papers like the journal news just pick up AP feeds now) and media outlet in NY. All of our writers (4 on staff at present) tweet @jetsinsider to make it easier for our followers.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 04-19-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Really?

Wow, I've never been to the home page, always came straight here. I'll self ban for the rest of the evening.

FYI, just to drop some knowledge on you....We are not a blog. We are a credentialed media source by the Jets and NFL that covers the team every day with writers at the complex and in the stadium press box and locker room. This will be our ninth season doing this and 13th season online. We cover the same as every newspaper (actually some papers like the journal news just pick up AP feeds now) and media outlet in NY. All of our writers (4 on staff at present) tweet @jetsinsider to make it easier for our followers.
    Wow, that's quite impressive. I've put you on the writers as JetsInsider seems to be much more credible than I was initially aware of. Talk about a dream job. Thanks for the info, and congrats on your success.