Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis : Less pressure in Tampa than New York ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow Revis : Less pressure in Tampa than New York ~ ~ ~

New Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis has spent long enough in Tampa, Fla., to know one thing. It's not New York."The organization's great. It's real laid back down there. It's not a lot of pressure as it is in New York," Revis told the Aliquippa Times this week.

Revis still has to live up to his lofty contract and expectations. But it's clear he's digging his new digs, and the relative lack of media scrutiny. He also likes the talent around him, especially new teammate Dashon Goldson."He is the best safety in the league, as of today. And I'm saying that boldly," Revis said. "No knock on Troy (Polamalu) and all of those guys, but he's the best, and he's only in his eighth year, which is awesome. He's Batman. I'm Robin."

It's interesting that Revis made himself the green tights-wearing sidekick in this scenario, but it speaks to the amount of talent in the Buccaneers' secondary. Second-year player Mark Barron also has a chance to break out, and cornerback Eric Wright has shown flashes as a pro.

Perhaps Revis no longer feels like he has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders.

> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-new-york

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    The weight of the jets franchise was never on revis shoulder

All Pro
    Thanks for the post....

I hope that people can see that when players say it is harder to perform in New Yrok it isnt just talk but the truth!!

All League
    Revis: F U

Oh boo hoo Revis, there is too much pressure in NY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shut the hell up, f*****g a$$hole.

Try going to work for $50K and making ends meet with 2 kids. You wouldn't know pressure if it ran up your selfish greedy a$$ and came out of your dumbass big mouth.

Go to hell selfish a$$hole.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    For some reason I think cromartie and many other vets would disagree....heck even a rookie like G Smith will not agree...playing in NYC should have NO bearing on your play....to me is shows that Revis had thinner skin that everyone thought. The stupid ny media and some assanine fans does not alter how a ball player plays...if that was the case the Sanchez would have retired before trying to resurrect his young career.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thanks for the post....

I hope that people can see that when players say it is harder to perform in New Yrok it isnt just talk but the truth!!

Veteran
    there are 2 sides to the coin. now he also won't get as much hype and people would be saying what happened to revis?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think you're kidding yourself if you don't believe there is more outside influence pressure in ny

He's just speaking the truth

Some people are able to handle it / some aren't / and some even thrive in it

I remember when parcells was here he put as much pressure on the guys every day in practice as he could

That had them used to it on Sundays / post season / higher pressure moments ... It also let him see who couldn't hack it and ship them out

It is also true what the poster who said you make it in ny though and you have your golden ticket for life ... Look at joe willy

Moderator VIP Visionary
    No problem with Revis; good luck and see you Game 1

All Pro
    Less pressure until he says he cant play week one and the media unloads on him. It is camp time. The only reason he gets pressure at this time of the year in NY is because he was either holding out or there where talks of him holding out. LOL Dude you did that to yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    The other side iof the coin, Mevis is that in that tiny backwater media environment with few if any sports fans (see Rays and Lightning) except maybe for shuffleboard, you'll be more or less forgotten and Schittz and Feinslob won't be able to generate any support for your holdout next season for 19-20 million guaranteed

Hall Of Fame
    If he under-performs I think he will be changing his tune. Have a nice life #24.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    No problem with Revis; good luck and see you Game 1
    he & holmes will be " bringin' it "

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Revis: F U

Oh boo hoo Revis, there is too much pressure in NY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shut the hell up, f*****g a$$hole.

Try going to work for $50K and making ends meet with 2 kids. You wouldn't know pressure if it ran up your selfish greedy a$$ and came out of your dumbass big mouth.

Go to hell selfish a$$hole.
    I get the sentiment, and it's not like anyone should rush to defend Revis, but what did he say here that was wrong or bad? Is it not true that NY comes with inherent pressure that Tampa doesn't?

Wouldn't the guy making $50K with two kids be happier if his life had less pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    there are 2 sides to the coin. now he also won't get as much hype and people would be saying what happened to revis?
    +1.

So when he/his agents try for a new deal with more money from TB he will not be surprised when the Glasers (sp?) respond in the negative.

All Pro
    I dont get it all, Revis said is that there is more pressure to play here than in say OK!!!

There are folks who disagree with this sentiment....

All you have to do is watch how in the NBA OK fans gave their team a standing O when they were knocked out of the playoffs. Knicks fans boo their team when they are winning!!!

Come on man!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I've never wanted to see a player fail more than Revis.....hope that knee is a constant problem for him

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I am just glad MEvis is someone else's headache now.

All League
    Somehow the article goes from "new york is too much pressure" to "carrying the sad sack Jets was too much pressure".

Revis never carried this team, the defense didn't miss a beat last year when he went down. Boo hoo, too much pressure getting your own personal brand in the world's biggest market.

He's lucky that a shy reclusive mumbler off the field such as himself has been able to build his persona. He can thank NY for that. He'd still be one of those "under the radar" players had his career started in bumfckville Tampa.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I get the sentiment, and it's not like anyone should rush to defend Revis, but what did he say here that was wrong or bad? Is it not true that NY comes with inherent pressure that Tampa doesn't?

Wouldn't the guy making $50K with two kids be happier if his life had less pressure?
    Revis paid 50 thousand $ for his number 24.

Some people, like Revis, don't have a firm grip on reality.

All League
    He will be asking for a new contract anytime soon now!