Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you watch the game?

How did you watch the game?

What a nightmare of a viewing experience!

First, Time Warner blocks CBS
    So I bought NFL Live to watch on PC which is hooked to the TV
    It's now 7:15 and the cat ate the cable or something and I can't see the PC on the TV
    So I go to watch on the PC and Freakin' NFL Live has blacked out the game cause its on CBS which I can't see!!!!
    (of course they don't tell you that until after you pay!)
    So I downloaded software (HMA Pro) to trick NFL Live into thinking I'm in another city. Now I can watch...BUT...
    Its Detroit announcers so they only talk about Detroit players, half the time they didn't even say which Jet caught or blocked a pass.
    So...
    I turn off the sound and try listening on ESPN... Cool right? FCK NO!!! ESPN is a full 60 seconds behind so I'm hearing
    commercials while watching the plays!!!!

Anyway, planning for game 3 and wondering how the Euro site experience was or any other options for the future?

Wow, that sucks. I watched via NFL.com. Every stream I tried to load was full of pop ups and all sorts of crap.

The Detroit announcers were super annoying, but then I remembered that Buttle calls the games in NY, and he's FAR worse than the Detroit guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Wow, that sucks. I watched via NFL.com. Every stream I tried to load was full of pop ups and all sorts of crap.

The Detroit announcers were super annoying, but then I remembered that Buttle calls the games in NY, and he's FAR worse than the Detroit guys.
    I like greg buttle. He was a very good Jet player in his day.

In new York suburbs I watched it on Cable Vision Channel 2 CBSHD was not blocked out.

Practice Squad
    I highly recommend trying aereo.com. First month is free which should cover the entire preseason and you can cancel at anytime without paying a dime. Its live HD streaming of all the local channels in NY.

Only problem with this is that you must have a NY address to access the website but im sure one could trick the system if they had to.

I thought it was going to be too good to be true but it was honestly amazing. Besides one or two times where the feed stopped to buffer(most likely due to my wifi not the website) the picture was crystal clear.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone dealing with the the effects of the rich trying to become richer.

Hall Of Fame
    Firstrowus.eu

It was a pretty good stream (aside from it being a Detroit broadcast).

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Firstrowus.eu

I use first row for any UFC fight i want to watch and its definitely serviceable if you find a good feed.

But if you want to watch the games in HD and New York CBS, you have to try it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I highly recommend trying aereo.com. First month is free which should cover the entire preseason and you can cancel at anytime without paying a dime. Its live HD streaming of all the local channels in NY.

Only problem with this is that you must have a NY address to access the website but im sure one could trick the system if they had to.

I thought it was going to be too good to be true but it was honestly amazing. Besides one or two times where the feed stopped to buffer(most likely due to my wifi not the website) the picture was crystal clear.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone dealing with the the effects of the rich trying to become richer.
    Nice find

So do you think a Jets fan living in MA would be able to google any NY address and get Jets games broadcasted via this site? Do you think this will work for regular season games as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

All League
    Firstrowus.eu

Yeah I had almost no lag at all with the feed myself. ... it's a solid option for out of town fans that don't have Sunday Ticket.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    I use first row for any UFC fight i want to watch and its definitely serviceable if you find a good feed.

But if you want to watch the games in HD and New York CBS, you have to try it.
    True. I wish there was a streaming package for specific teams. For an out-of-state fan, that'd be fly as hell.

Cool, there is plenty of free VPN software you can google but HMA Pro has a free trial and you can select cities anywhere on the planet. It even fools your internet provider so if you use torrent software like frostwire, Time Warner doesn't turn on their software that reduces your bandwidth(which they do now all the time now.)

I've used Firstrow but all the pop ups and attempts to trick you into downloading stuff worries me virus wise. Gonna try aereo. Thanks man!

Hall Of Fame
    Newton, just use adblock, haha. Takes care of the ads.

Newton, just use adblock, haha. Takes care of the ads.
    Good point but you still had to put up with the Detroit announcers. I never realized how biased the local broadcasts are. And I don't mean favoring the home team... it's just that they don't talk about the visiting team except what they can't ignore. There was one good grab by the Jets and not only didn't they say who, they did a replay of how one of their DL penetrated.

Hall Of Fame
    Firstrowus.eu

Must've been my ****ty internet because the stream often kept buffering.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Good point but you still had to put up with the Detroit announcers. I never realized how biased the local broadcasts are. And I don't mean favoring the home team... it's just that they don't talk about the visiting team except what they can't ignore. There was one good grab by the Jets and not only didn't they say who, they did a replay of how one of their DL penetrated.
    Yea, that's pretty annoying. Still, you get what you pay for, lol. It's not a bad alternative if you don't feel like shelling out the cash for paid services.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Must've been my ****ty internet because the stream often kept buffering.
    I mean, it did that on occasion, but nowhere near as much as in recent years (especially last year).

Hall Of Fame
    Yea, that's pretty annoying. Still, you get what you pay for, lol. It's not a bad alternative if you don't feel like shelling out the cash for paid services.

I mean, it did that on occasion, but nowhere near as much as in recent years (especially last year).
    I always hate preseason for this reason, having to stream games. Just can't wait until the regular season when I can finally watch on TV in crystal clear HD.

All Pro
    What a nightmare of a viewing experience!

First, Time Warner blocks CBS
    So I bought NFL Live to watch on PC which is hooked to the TV
    It's now 7:15 and the cat ate the cable or something and I can't see the PC on the TV
    So I go to watch on the PC and Freakin' NFL Live has blacked out the game cause its on CBS which I can't see!!!!
    (of course they don't tell you that until after you pay!)
    So I downloaded software (HMA Pro) to trick NFL Live into thinking I'm in another city. Now I can watch...BUT...
    Its Detroit announcers so they only talk about Detroit players, half the time they didn't even say which Jet caught or blocked a pass.
    So...
    I turn off the sound and try listening on ESPN... Cool right? FCK NO!!! ESPN is a full 60 seconds behind so I'm hearing
    commercials while watching the plays!!!!

Anyway, planning for game 3 and wondering how the Euro site experience was or any other options for the future?
    Good grief! I turned on Channel 2 and there it was - and watched.

Hall Of Fame
    I disagree. I heard them praise McElroy several times for good throws. They also commented on a great effort from a receiver. there were several other nice things they stated. but not enough.

All League
    For less than $20, I decided the risk of getting a virus wasn't worth it. NFL.com site worked fine.

Veteran
    There's a reason that the announcers for NY teams are usually also the National networks' announcers (see Mike Breen, Joe Micheletti, Bob Ojeda, Kenny Albert, Gus Johnson, etc etc). They realize that while it's a NY Broadcast, most people want to listen to a game from a professional point of view.

With the Detroit announcers being completely biased, I've found it's like this with just about every other sport where you can watch the local feed. The NBA League Pass preview is always so comical, whatever team it is, it's like listening to 2 fans in the stands talk about the game while drinking beers and wearing foam fingers. Hockey is slightly less irritable, except for Boston.

I also blame this for the reason NY fans find many fans of other teams immature. I met a dude from Tampa last week, couldn't have a regular sports conversation with him. Everything was RAYS RULEEEE YANKEES SUCKKKK YOU GUYS SUCK SO BAD!!!, or JETS!?!?! LOL YOU GUYS SUCKKKKKK, BUCS BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALLLL.....Literally nothing mattered except the teams he liked. Reminds me of the 7 Minute Abs Hitchhiker from Something About Mary how they literally can't process another opinion lol

As for watching the game, if you have Time Warner, go out and buy an Digital Amplified Antenna. CBS streams for free in HD over the air It's a big of a pain in the ass but for Jet games I'd definitely have this set up if I didn't have FiOS.
    Last edited by Wall Street; 08-10-2013 at 05:32 PM.

NFL Network

The entire pre-season live (all games) for $14 if you use the password "directv".

No buffering
    Perfect picture
    But 2 total idiot Detroit announcers who never even mentioned a Jets players name until the 2nd quarter.

mid-way thru the second quarter, I turned off the broadcast volume and put on The Allman Bros Greatest Hits instead...