Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Jets 10 point dogs on Thursday,

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,597

    Jets 10 point dogs on Thursday,

    That's just cuz some people think we suck I guess.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    Its 11.5 right now

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    I don't think we beat brady but we have house money on this one. Bills showed us the way.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    That sounds about right. That is why this victory is so big for the Jets. I do not see them going into NE and beating the Pats, so they will be 1-1 out of gate. With the Bills and Titans being close games, the Jets have a chance to be 3-1 in the first four.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That sounds about right. That is why this victory is so big for the Jets. I do not see them going into NE and beating the Pats, so they will be 1-1 out of gate. With the Bills and Titans being close games, the Jets have a chance to be 3-1 in the first four.
    Or they could re-sign BE, have him drag two Pats defenders into the Endzone and help the Jets be 2-0


    (but yeah....3-1 is a possibility)

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,203
    NE did not look great today, and the Jets defense is perfect to rush Brady up the middle and disrupt the NE O. I think we have a real shot. They are not strong on D

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,597
    Up to 13 already

  8. #8
    As we should be.

    If you think it's such a laugher of a spread, take a second mortgage and bet it all on Green.

    You'll surely be rich then.

  9. #9
    12.5 on my site

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,217
    I've never had success betting the Jets, but those New England lines get a little bit looney.

    A better Jets team lost 45-3 recently in Foxboro. A worse one nearly and should have pulled off an upset last season.


    All I know is our D-Line looks very strong, and Brady hates pressure from the front (see SBs vs NYG)
    They looked a little out of sorts today. New WR corps hasn't jelled yet.

    I will lay a few dollars on Green with a cushion like 12.5.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,716
    I'd say that's too much, but then I remembered that almost all of the action on today's game was for the Bucs. People think we're a lot worse than we actually are, so Vegas has to compensate for that. We're like the opposite of a public team.

    Someone over on Patsfans actually pointed out that they usually kill us because can't cover their TEs, but Gronk and Hernandez aren't playing on Thursday, so they'll have to take a different approach. He was shouted down quickly, but it shows that even some Pats fans recognize this could be a relatively competitive game..

  12. #12
    Betting lines are about manipulating the money not about assessing the game. New England has been a gambler's friend since 2007, so they get a lot of money. Vegas is about managing the lines to reduce risk and making money on the juice. They get exposed when too much money goes one way, so they keep moving the lines to entice betters to bet the other way. A 50/50 split of betting dollars means the house makes money every time, which is all that matters.

    Confusing this with some sort of analysis of what might happen on the football field is silly and based on the hollywood idea that books are experts at picking winners and getting inside information. Maybe 50 years ago but today it's all about getting the money to be even.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Betting lines are about manipulating the money not about assessing the game. New England has been a gambler's friend since 2007, so they get a lot of money. Vegas is about managing the lines to reduce risk and making money on the juice. They get exposed when too much money goes one way, so they keep moving the lines to entice betters to bet the other way. A 50/50 split of betting dollars means the house makes money every time, which is all that matters.

    Confusing this with some sort of analysis of what might happen on the football field is silly and based on the hollywood idea that books are experts at picking winners and getting inside information. Maybe 50 years ago but today it's all about getting the money to be even.
    I swear this is the first time I've seen this properly explained here. It's not about who's gonna win, it's where the money is.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,562
    I so wanna win this game just to see how the media trolls spin it.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Betting lines are about manipulating the money not about assessing the game. New England has been a gambler's friend since 2007, so they get a lot of money. Vegas is about managing the lines to reduce risk and making money on the juice. They get exposed when too much money goes one way, so they keep moving the lines to entice betters to bet the other way. A 50/50 split of betting dollars means the house makes money every time, which is all that matters.

    Confusing this with some sort of analysis of what might happen on the football field is silly and based on the hollywood idea that books are experts at picking winners and getting inside information. Maybe 50 years ago but today it's all about getting the money to be even.

    This is common knowledge, but thanks for posting.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    This is common knowledge, but thanks for posting.
    Then explain this thread and the weekly threads you can find on team forums all over the place *****ing about a lack of respect because of lines.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Whatevs. We've got THE CONQUEROR!




  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Then explain this thread and the weekly threads you can find on team forums all over the place *****ing about a lack of respect because of lines.
    Nobody in this thread said anything about the sportsbook showing disrespect for a team. OP said some people, and he is right. You can consider it a lack of respect by the public. The media has a huge influence on these lines. Sportsbooks are speculating that 13 points, or whatever the line is, is what it will take to get the money even on both teams. It has nothing to do with what the books think of each team.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Whatevs. We've got THE CONQUEROR!



    LOL that song goes perfect with that gif

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    This is common knowledge, but thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Then explain this thread and the weekly threads you can find on team forums all over the place *****ing about a lack of respect because of lines.
    Yeah, maybe on Wall Street. Not around here.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us