Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D'Brickashaw Ferguson deserves to be suspended

Hall Of Fame

D'Brickashaw Ferguson deserves to be suspended

I'm a Brick fan. He has always consucted himself with integrity and is well spoken, if understated. I believe he represents what is good about the game and as well I think he is a great spokesman for our organization. He is a model player and citizen. But I do not condone his actions at the game. Forget that one would never even expect him to do the type of thing. He did it. At least three times. And while the other player was on the ground.

I think as a separate issue, his fire could be a welcome tone-setter for the team and the season.

But his actions were egregiously wrong. And I believe escalating confrontations into actual fights is one of the worst things that can happen in football.

As much as I love Brick, I think he deserves to be suspended for AT LEAST one game. And probably more. His actions were completely detrimental to the team, the franchise, his head coach, his rookie QB and fellow players league wide.

As a fan I want to beat the Patriots on the field of play. Not in after the whistle antics.

My two cents.im surprised by the lack of outrage on the boards about this.

All League
    It's ****ing football. Grow a sack

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, it's football. I played. On any level this should not be tolerated. Especially the Professional level.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I'm a Brick fan. He has always consucted himself with integrity and is well spoken, if understated. I believe he represents what is good about the game and as well I think he is a great spokesman for our organization. He is a model player and citizen. But I do not condone his actions at the game. Forget that one would never even expect him to do the type of thing. He did it. At least three times. And while the other player was on the ground.

I think as a separate issue, his fire could be a welcome tone-setter for the team and the season.

But his actions were egregiously wrong. And I believe escalating confrontations into actual fights is one of the worst things that can happen in football.

As much as I love Brick, I think he deserves to be suspended for AT LEAST one game. And probably more. His actions were completely detrimental to the team, the franchise, his head coach, his rookie QB and fellow players league wide.

As a fan I want to beat the Patriots on the field of play. Not in after the whistle antics.

My two cents.im surprised by the lack of outrage on the boards about this.
    are you for fn real? This is not volley ball! I was glad to see BRICK rush to help NICK. Outrage? Not in any way! BRICK earned my respect for standing up for Nick and Colon too! Maybe knitting would suit you more!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Colon is an animal......I want that guy in my corner at all times

Love that guy

Hall Of Fame
    if Brick did what he did in the street as a civilian. He gets arrested.

he joined a melee threw 3+ punches, some of which while the other guy was on the ground where he continued to pound him.

I do think the fire he showed is good.

But to say this is football, it's expected...no it's not actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Colon is an animal......I want that guy in my corner at all times

Love that guy
    I agree. He's got the attitude we need. Mean and nasty.

Rookie
    Brick is just the one who got caught on camera. We arent the Saints trying to injure people in a scrum, Brick was trying to protect his teammates.

As an aside, I think Brick is a black belt, wasnt martial arts training one of the things he attributed his feet to coming out of college?

Hall Of Fame
    To be honest I didn't think Brick had it in him. He is such a soft-spoken and polite guy. He will be fined b.c that is what he deserves. He will not be suspended.

Hall Of Fame

he joined a melee threw 3+ punches, some of which while the other guy was on the ground where he continued to pound him.

And your PATTY CAKES were throwing flowers I suppose. BRICK stood up and was counted! Protecting a teammate who was on the ground is noble. If he did it on the street h'd still be noble under the same circumstances. You ever get into a fight? Punches get thrown trying to protect a friend and yourself! Sorry we will agree to disagree. And if you get into a fight, you must fight to win! Go BRICK go.

Veteran

So he threw 3 punches to an opposing player who's covered head to toes in gear. If anything he should be suspended for being stupid because he could only injure himself there.
    I cannot understand why football players want to throw punches , when there's nothing to hit .

Veteran
    He should be suspended not because he threw a punch, but because he is a moron for throwing a punch....

...At a guy with a helmet!!

All Pro
    I completely disagree, there are much more egregious things that happen in football then a fight. Iffin he had been kicking,stomping, or spitting, then might have a point. Brick acted like a man should and defended his team mate, technically wrong, but not wrong in the sense of being a man/team mate.

I didn't think he had it in him to loose his cool like that, props.

All League
    So Suh can kick Schaub's groin and get a slap on the wrist and then take out a guys knees and get a big fine, but Dbrick has one bad incident in a long career and you are advocating a suspension?

Personally, i love everything he and Mangold did on Thursday night. As opposed to most of the Jets fans here that are hoping to get the first pick in the draft and already thinking about next year, they are putting everything on the line every week to win games.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

If you tackle someone on the street, pancake block them, throw a forearm, etc., you'd get arrested. He wasn't on the street.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Please... you want teammates standing up to fellow teammates. You don't want to puss out like some little womanly punk. A team that has each others backs is a team.

Plus, boy, some of you are easily brainwashed morons. I re-watched the DVR and there was at least one or two Patriots throwing punches, and the dude that Brick was hitting was on Bricks legs and it appeared to me as if he WENT FOR HIS KNEES. He deserved a crack.

Buy the hype and believe what you are told by your elitist New England-centric sportscasters... we are low-class, guilty loser clown team that should take it in the @$$ and the Pats are The Chosen Team that deserve every game and every call handed to them, especially in New England. There's been plenty of good HOF QB through the years that do not win 85% at home. That implies serious home favoritism.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    If you tackle someone on the street, pancake block them, throw a forearm, etc., you'd get arrested. He wasn't on the street.
    Exactly. Buccaneers players went head hunting all day against the JEts last week giving one player a concussion that forced him out of the games this week and who knows what kind of problems later in his life. No one called for a suspension.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I loved it

Hall Of Fame
    Speechless. You can't make up half the **** people are posting here today.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk.