Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Some Offensive Milestones

  1. #1

    Some Offensive Milestones

    Santonio Holmes - Most Receiving Yards Single Game in his career
    Geno Smith - 1st Jets rookie with 300 yards passing & 2 TD passes in single game
    Offense - Most Total Yards Single Game in Rex Ryan Era

    The offense will continue to get better IMO. If the Jets can cut down on the penalties and turnovers they will be hard to beat!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Santonio Holmes - Most Receiving Yards Single Game in his career
    Geno Smith - 1st Jets rookie with 300 yards passing & 2 TD passes in single game
    Offense - Most Total Yards Single Game in Rex Ryan Era

    The offense will continue to get better IMO. If the Jets can cut down on the penalties and turnovers they will be hard to beat!
    Big plays. We haven't seen plays like that in years. Looks like you're losing momentum and BAM, score on a 70 yard TD.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    With our Defense, and Geno improving while learning on the job, we are going to win some games that no one expected before the season started. We will be close in every game IMO.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    Geno is being asked to do things that Sanchez was never asked to do as a rookie. And he is operating with less practice time (new CBA, split reps in camp), and a worse OL. Loving what I am seeing from him.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Big plays. We haven't seen plays like that in years. Looks like you're losing momentum and BAM, score on a 70 yard TD.
    Good point. I feel like it's been 10 years since we've had plays like that. They're a very welcome addition! Imagine if we could see this type of thing every week.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Geno is being asked to do things that Sanchez was never asked to do as a rookie. And he is operating with less practice time (new CBA, split reps in camp), and a worse OL. Loving what I am seeing from him.
    They don't limit Geno's attempts. He's expected to make plays. They limited Sanchez because he was a liability.

    That 70 yarder to Holmes was the best hook up we've seen in three years.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    I think it comes down to MM saying earlier that they wanted chunk plays. Today we got that, and it is so nice to see an OC that is not afraid to go for it 3rd and long. But please lets scrap the wildcat.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Great game on O. Penalties and a couple of rookie QB misreads for INTs were the only negatives. And not to throw cool water on the day but the Bills were a little undermanned on D.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Big plays. We haven't seen plays like that in years. Looks like you're losing momentum and BAM, score on a 70 yard TD.
    that's what's been missing since farve was here. with schotty, sparano and sanchez it was mostly dinks. now they can score quickly, and they're gonna stack up on more playmakers next year. would be nice to have a big TE in there and more speed at wr.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,845
    i really like what they did with the offense. a sort of hurry-up/no huddle offense, pretty much exclusively out of the shotgun. geno looked much more comfortable operating this way. lets see them keep it up, maybe even speed up the offense, chip kelly-esque. kudos to MM.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's what's been missing since farve was here. with schotty, sparano and sanchez it was mostly dinks. now they can score quickly, and they're gonna stack up on more playmakers next year. would be nice to have a big TE in there and more speed at wr.
    I hope MM stays and we eventually get that TE. We sure need one.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I hope MM stays and we eventually get that TE. We sure need one.
    give geno a big TE and another wr. if this keeps up i can see them keeping holmes. holmes seemed so happy in his presser. back from injury, career day, new qb who gets him the ball. seemed like a new guy.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    give geno a big TE and another wr. if this keeps up i can see them keeping holmes. holmes seemed so happy in his presser. back from injury, career day, new qb who gets him the ball. seemed like a new guy.
    Posted in a different thread that Holmes will be back. He's not my favorite player but he is OUR number 1. Will be interesting how his contract status plays out.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,845
    trade a 3rd for Josh Gordon. Sick 4 wide outs of Gordon, Holmes, Hill and Kerley.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Posted in a different thread that Holmes will be back. He's not my favorite player but he is OUR number 1. Will be interesting how his contract status plays out.
    he's already thriving in this offense and he's probably not completely healthy anyway. geno gave him a career day. wow. when sanchez threw to him he was always pouty. huge attitude swing here.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,684
    The offense will continue to improve. If we can cut down on costly, costly mistakes...like picks and horrible penalties, we might actually have a halfway decent squad this year.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    The offense will continue to improve. If we can cut down on costly, costly mistakes...like picks and horrible penalties, we might actually have a halfway decent squad this year.
    We could easily be 3-0 right now if not for some head-hunting by the Bucs that left us relying on Clyde Gates @NE. If you'd listened to the media before the season you'd think the Jets were going to be worse than the 70's Saints. Barring major injury the Jets will compete for a playoff spot IMO.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    The offense will continue to improve. If we can cut down on costly, costly mistakes...like picks and horrible penalties, we might actually have a halfway decent squad this year.
    Agreed. If this team can eliminate the mistakes they will be awfully tough to beat.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he's already thriving in this offense and he's probably not completely healthy anyway. geno gave him a career day. wow. when sanchez threw to him he was always pouty. huge attitude swing here.
    He looked healthy today for the first time and it was justified by his numbers. That last catch was slick but he has dropped way too many passes over his career as a Jet. As a Steeler he had hands of glue.

    I know most want him gone, but he is under contract next year and is our number 1. I don't like his antics but he needs to stay.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    @LRiddickESPN: #Jets ranked top near top 10 in the league in % of rushes gaining 4+ yds and rushing plays of 10+ yds. Combine that with strong D, and you

    @LRiddickESPN: have a situation where Geno could be brought along gradually while still winning games. Believe it or not. #Jets

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us