• Win the rest of the games, get a top 20 pick and keep Rex

4 25.00%
  • It doesn't matter, we're gonna suck no matter want next year

1 6.25%
  • We're always gonna be better than the Bills, so it doesn't matter

0 0%

Thread: Best case scenario

Best case scenario

We're not going to the playoffs. Changes might come, or they might not. No one really knows for sure. But if you had a choice, how do you want this season to end/offseason to begin? Let's hear it.
    Last edited by First DOWN!; 12-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Lose the rest of our games, get a Top 10 pick and fire Rex

Not that I would be rooting for us to lose, but that's obviously the best outcome at this point.

Our playoff chances are vanquished, so what the hell does 1-2 moral victories do for you?

All League
    We win the next two. Rex stays. We resign/extend our youth(ie MO). We get some low budget FAs plus one top level guy because we have the cap for it. Idziks builds through the draft mostly on offense.

We dont need to go crazy and get ourselves in a mess again. Stick with the plan and build for long term success

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    We win the next two. Rex stays. We resign/extend our youth(ie MO). We get some low budget FAs plus one top level guy because we have the cap for it. Idziks builds through the draft mostly on offense.

We dont need to go crazy and get ourselves in a mess again. Stick with the plan and build for long term success
    All of the things you posted besides the bolded should be in play no matter what.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    All of the things you posted besides the bolded should be in play no matter what.
    It just doesnt make sense to me to fire Rex after this season unless that was the plan all along. He has done better then expected much better actually. People are so up and down on him based on wins and loses this season.

I say give him one more year to prove it. With help on the offense and an improved secondary I think we will be successful. I really dont see anyone else coming in here and doing better with what we have now.

His players play hard for him bottom line.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Lose the rest of our games, get a Top 10 pick and fire Rex

Not that I would be rooting for us to lose, but that's obviously the best outcome at this point.

Our playoff chances are vanquished, so what the hell does 1-2 moral victories do for you?
    Loosing never makes you better. We dont want to be seen as anther Detroit, Buff, Oakland, Cleveland, Washington, SL, or Jax. These are teams that pick in top ten every year and it doesnt help them one bit. This isnt the NBA you dont need high picks just smart ones.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Loosing never makes you better. We dont want to be seen as anther Detroit, Buff, Oakland, Cleveland, Washington, SL, or Jax. These are teams that pick in top ten every year and it doesnt help them one bit. This isnt the NBA you dont need high picks just smart ones.
    Is winning these last 2 games going to make us better?? I don't think so.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And winning two meaningless games at the end of the season helps us...how exactly?

We totally fell apart at the end of last year and quite honestly, it was for the best.

Without looking laughably bad over the last quarter of last season, Tannenbaum is probably still calling the shots and Sanchez is still our starting QB.

Sometimes it's best to lose in the short term to end up winning in the longterm.

Like I said, I'm not rooting for us to lose...but I understand that's probably the best possible scenario if we want to move on from Rex and increase our chances of landing an offensive playmaker like Sammy Watkins.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-16-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Veteran
    Split next 2 games. Let Rex get 1 more year (with a loaded offense this time around).
    Maintain a top 12 pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Best Case?

Geno Smith benched. Simms starts last two games.

Simms plays great, shows Franchise-QB potential, but we lose both games.

Rex is fired at Seasons end. Sanchez, Holmes & Cromartie are cut.

IMO, thats "best case".

Cut loose the expensive deadwood, get rid of the one-sided Coach who built the horrible Offense, find a QB with some upside, and go into the offseason with a New Staff under Idzik.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Best Case?

Geno Smith benched. Simms starts last two games.

Simms plays great, shows Franchise-QB potential,
    but we lose both games.

Rex is fired at Seasons end. Sanchez, Holmes & Cromartie are cut.

IMO, thats "best case".

Cut loose the expensive deadwood, get rid of the one-sided Coach who built the horrible Offense, find a QB with some upside, and go into the offseason with a New Staff under Idzik.
    LOL
    Drew Brees wouldn't be able to show Franchise QB potential with this bad offense line & WR unit.

All Pro
    And winning two meaningless games at the end of the season helps us...how exactly?

We totally fell apart at the end of last year and quite honestly, it was for the best.

Without looking laughably bad over the last quarter of last season, Tannenbaum is probably still calling the shots and Sanchez is still our starting QB.

Sometimes it's best to lose in the short term to end up winning in the longterm.

Like I said, I'm not rooting for us to lose...but I understand that's probably the best possible scenario if we want to move on from Rex and increase our chances of landing an offensive playmaker like Sammy Watkins.
    No no it wasnt. We looked like a bunch of ass clowns at the end of last year. Who wants to play for a team that gives up and has a whiny cry baby at QB? It was a disgrace how last year ended. What did we get out of it? Milliner. Who gives a crap. If we drop a few spots it is likely we end up with Vaccaro or Rhodes who I liked more, maybe Eifert and be better this year really. I like Milliner but he was hurt it was a pick for next year IMO. Either way not a BIG help loosing a few games at the end to jump up a few spots. No Sanchez would still be done and Tanny would still be fired because of Mark. Heck we almost brought Mark back. At worst you could say McElroy would still be on the team as Genos BU. Which I even doubt that. No I dont see any way it was for the best. Loosing just to loose is never for the best. That is pretty misinformed IMO. Heck if we won a few maybe they would have actually cut Holmes.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-16-2013 at 02:50 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No no it wasnt. We looked like a bunch of ass clowns at the end of last year. Who wants to play for a team that gives up and has a whiny cry baby at QB? It was a disgrace how last year ended. What did we get out of it? Milliner. Who gives a crap. If we drop a few spots it is likely we end up with Vaccaro or Rhodes who I liked more, maybe Eifert and be better this year really. I like Milliner but he was hurt it was a pick for next year IMO. Either way not a BIG help loosing a few games at the end to jump up a few spots. No Sanchez would still be done and Tanny would still be fired because of Mark. Heck we almost brought Mark back. At worst you could say McElroy would still be on the team as Genos BU. Which I even doubt that. No I dont see any way it was for the best. Loosing just to loose is never for the best. That is pretty misinformed IMO. Heck if we won a few maybe they would have actually cut Holmes.
    Did you not read what I posted?

It wasn't about the draft positioning.

It was about getting rid of that f*cking dunce Tannenbaum and moving on from Sanchez.

If we squeak into the playoffs last year, both of those dicks are still flailing around here.

All Pro
    Did you not read what I posted?

It wasn't about the draft positioning.

It was about getting rid of that f*cking dunce Tannenbaum and moving on from Sanchez.

If we squeak into the playoffs last year, both of those dicks are still flailing around here.
    Im not talking POs Im just saying 1-2 more wins. That wouldnt have made us POs or saved Tanny's job. The minute we benched Mark Tanny was a goner. He buried this team in debt for a bust QB. Mark even without winning and being benched got anther shot he didnt earn this off season. Only because we couldnt cut him. How we ended last year had nothing to do with that. 7-9 8-8 both of those guys where going to be gone.