Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Commissioner's Club - Anyone Here Ever Sat There?

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30

    Commissioner's Club - Anyone Here Ever Sat There?

    Just wondering if anyone here has sat in Commissioner's Club seats at Metlife. Apparently it's the most exclusive club in the place and I've read that they charged $700,000 for club membership (can that possibly be true?)

    Looks pretty sweet from the pics, how's the game day experience & food?






  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    For $700,000 . The menu better include .Blondes,Redheads & Brunetts!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    Where do you watch the game from in the Commissioners club?

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    TCNJ
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Where do you watch the game from in the Commissioners club?
    Looks like they have TVs and that's it. From the Metlife website:

    "The Commissioners Club is ideal for upscale social functions, small corporate meetings and entertaining clients."

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has sat in Commissioner's Club seats at Metlife. Apparently it's the most exclusive club in the place and I've read that they charged $700,000 for club membership (can that possibly be true?)

    Looks pretty sweet from the pics, how's the game day experience & food?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Where do you watch the game from in the Commissioners club?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Looks like they have TVs and that's it. From the Metlife website:

    "The Commissioners Club is ideal for upscale social functions, small corporate meetings and entertaining clients."
    I was at an event they held there and the place is really nice & a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The food options are very good. The views of the field are great. They're suites located on the vistor's side just above 137, 139, 140. I've never watched a game from there though.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 12-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Where do you watch the game from in the Commissioners club?
    It's the row of suites on the TV-side sideline right at the top of the lowers:






  7. #7
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    The seats are in this picture right above where it says "home of the jets":



    Last edited by GordonGecko; 12-16-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    I've watched a few games from the Commissioner's Club. You are on the visitor's side, mezzanine level & for me it's the ultimate game day experience for the following reasons:

    You get to park literally in front of the stadium. Use the Pepsi gate entrance & the escalator directly up to the club is right there.
    The choices of seating is endless as you can see in the pics. You can sit outside in a section seat or on the "rail bar" stools. Inside the club is opulent, comfortable & warm especially for these cold weather games. You can sit in glass encased "mini suites" to watch the game or move into a lounge booth & watch on flat screen TV's everywhere, including the bathrooms.
    Hard alcohol, wine & beers are all premium name brands & of course open bar.
    Food choices are endless. Feature main dishes are from Nobu & other high end NYC restaurants. Everything from angus burgers to steak, coffee & dessert bar whatever you feel like munching on, they have it or they will get it for you (within reason) as the club also has a fully operating kitchen.
    Finally the crowd. Usually peppered with celebrities, politicians & former NYJ alumni players who are engaging and love to chat it up, especially if the game gets boring and/or if the team is losing.


    Highly recommend it & are you going this Sunday?
    Last edited by Limolady; 12-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Found one video, looks like this was a preseason game:


  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,665
    Wow, that place is inside MehLife? Now I see where all the money went.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I've watched a few games from the Commissioner's Club. You are on the visitor's side, mezzanine level & for me it's the ultimate game day experience for the following reasons:

    You get to park literally in front of the stadium. Use the Pepsi gate entrance & the escalator directly up to the club is right there.
    The choices of seating is endless as you can see in the pics. You can sit outside in a section seat or on the "rail bar" stools. Inside the club is opulent, comfortable & warm especially for these cold weather games. You can sit in glass encased "mini suites" to watch the game or move into a lounge booth & watch on flat screen TV's everywhere, including the bathrooms.
    Hard alcohol, wine & beers are all premium name brands & of course open bar.
    Food choices are endless. Feature main dishes are from Nobu & other high end NYC restaurants. Everything from angus burgers to steak, coffee & dessert bar whatever you feel like munching on, they have it or they will get it for you (within reason) as the club also has a fully operating kitchen.
    Finally the crowd. Usually peppered with celebrities, politicians & former NYJ alumni players who are engaging and love to chat it up, especially if the game gets boring and/or if the team is losing.


    Highly recommend it & are you going this Sunday?
    Do you get good tips in there?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, that place is inside MehLife? Now I see where all the money went.
    Now we know why we've been so bad for so long.For $700,000 Woody is allowing these guys to play Maden football with a real team ours.

  13. #13
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    30
    Can't seem to figure out if the Commy Club is open bar or not. Is Green Room Access included?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Can't seem to figure out if the Commy Club is open bar or not. Is Green Room Access included?
    The liquor is free,but you have to pay another $400,000 for the HOPE Diamond glass the liquor comes in!

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    "Commissioner's Club" - I thought this was going to be another Patriots thread

  16. #16
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Do you get good tips in there?

    Absolutely! When I met NJ Gov. Chris Christie & his wife MaryPat in the club they both told me I should buy a house on the Jersey Shore & not to worry about future superstorms. I thought that was a good tip.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Absolutely! When I met NJ Gov. Chris Christie & his wife MaryPat in the club they both told me I should buy a house on the Jersey Shore & not to worry about future superstorms. I thought that was a good tip.
    And he is right,the GOV. is having all houses at the shore get JET logo`s painted on their roofs, and every storm will "PASS" over us.

  18. #18
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    And he is right,the GOV. is having all houses at the shore get JET logo`s painted on their roofs, and every storm will "PASS" over us.

    Hahaha, not a bad idea Joisey.

    All I know is if anyone is going to the game this Sunday you might as well go big & enjoy all the stadium amentities for the last time this season if you can. I happen to like the "all included" clubs at Metlife, but that's just me.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Hahaha, not a bad idea Joisey.

    All I know is if anyone is going to the game this Sunday you might as well go big & enjoy all the stadium amentities for the last time this season if you can. I happen to like the "all included" clubs at Metlife, but that's just me.
    Have fun , the only game I did this year was Tenn. so no sense going this weekend.there is always next season.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    And he is right,the GOV. is having all houses at the shore get JET logo`s painted on their roofs, and every storm will "PASS" over us.
    Should've went with "storms will never touch down"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us