Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Browns: One of the weirdest games of the year

Hall Of Fame

Jets Browns: One of the weirdest games of the year

It is easily fair to say that the Browns have more talent then we do. They have a number 1 receiver in Josh Gordon, a great young TE, and a top ten defense.

But they're 4-10 on the season.

Jets, on the other hand, have none of those and are 6-8.

Will the Browns want to play? I know the Jets will play hard for Ryan and they play a lot better at home this year.

I don't know how this one plays out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    It is easily fair to say that the Browns have more talent then we do. They have a number 1 receiver in Josh Gordon, a great young TE, and a top ten defense.

Will the Browns want to play? I know the Jets will play hard for Ryan and they play a lot better at home this year.

it's the same story. if the other team can stop the jets from running then they won. they're gonna blitz geno and the jets oline will fold. another factor is that you have to figure a bunch of jets are wondering or are assuming rex is gone. the browns have their coach in place, but the jets have a lot of changes ahead.

Like us, they've generally gotten poor QB play and I don't think their D has been consistent. It's hard to win in this league under those circumstances.

This is a depressing matchup. Browns probably have a better chance to score on our D than we do on theirs so I'd slightly favor them. But with nothing to play for on other side, who knows. Just hope Geno plays well and maybe gives us a turnover-free game, that would be the best development that could come out of this game.

Hall Of Fame
    Biggest game of the year.......... Im pumped.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Like us, they've generally gotten poor QB play and I don't think their D has been consistent. It's hard to win in this league under those circumstances.

This is a depressing matchup. Browns probably have a better chance to score on our D than we do on theirs so I'd slightly favor them. But with nothing to play for on other side, who knows. Just hope Geno plays well and maybe gives us a turnover-free game, that would be the best development that could come out of this game.
    I would think that, but we just came off scoring 20 points on one of the best defenses in the NFL. And in that game, our defense "technically" gave up 16 points with the muffed punt and pick six adding 14.

All Pro
    watch Gordon blow past Milliner, Cro and anyone else on our Roster for 200 yards. You could witness an epic performance

All Pro
    Browns are still playing. Last week they were up 24-17 and in field goal range, before totally falling apart in the 4th quarter, allowing 3 TDs and losing 38-31 to the Bears.
    The last 2 weeks before that they lost to NE in the final seconds, and Jacksonville in the last minute. Seems like they have a defense that can't finish out games, but certainly some talent... Actually, other than Josh Gordon, do they have any talent? I think they are basically as talented as the Jets, except the Jets best player is on the D-Line and the Browns best player is at WR.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Agreed, I love the talent on the Browns. Gordon is a stud and to be honest I don't know how we stop him, Jordan Cameron is also a stud and I don't know how we stop him either, the Browns D is solid and they always seem to fight until the last second...Yet the Browns are allergic to winning (currently as well as historically). They seem to choke amazingly hard at times so despite the fact that we could easily lose this game we can easily win it as well. Interesting matchup for sure, too bad nothing but draft position is on the line for either team.

Hall Of Fame
    We're a nosehair away from being 4-10 too.

What's the over/under on Gordon's yardage?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Posting in a Stealth Don't Fire Rex Ryan Thread, natch.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    watch Gordon blow past Milliner, Cro and anyone else on our Roster for 200 yards. You could witness an epic performance
    It wouldn't be that shocking, he has done it 2x this season, what's remarkable is that he has 7 (7!) 125 yard games this season, and only 2 games where didn't catch at least 65 yards. He's also only played 12 games this season, with the **** sandwich of Weeden, Campbell, and Hoyer at QB. That's truly incredible.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Posting in a Stealth Don't Fire Rex Ryan Thread, natch.
    No I'm being serious. I have no idea who wins this game. Browns currently have lost 8 of their last 9 games. And like the Jets, 3 of their 4 wins are at home.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-17-2013 at 02:20 PM.

I would think that, but we just came off scoring 20 points on one of the best defenses in the NFL. And in that game, our defense "technically" gave up 16 points with the muffed punt and pick six adding 14.
    Our offense has played better the last 2 weeks. I don't really feel super confident about any sort of sustainability game to game though. I'll say this, it probably wouldn't look great for Rex to lose at home to a 4-10 team, especially if his D gets lit up by Campbell and Gordon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

This is a game the Jets should win. That said, the Jets collapse seemingly every December, I wouldn't bet any money on them for either of the next two games.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    This is a game the Jets should win. That said, the Jets collapse seemingly every December, I wouldn't bet any money on them for either of the next two games.
    On the contrary. Many people will pick the Browns in this game strictly based on the talent differential.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Doubt they'd do it but since we're already out of it we should put Milliner on Gordon for some of the game. See if he can have that game you want to see from a top-10 pick, give him some confidence and momentum going into the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

No I'm being serious. I have no idea who wins this game. Browns currently have lost 8 of their last 9 games. And like the Jets, 3 of their 4 wins are at home.
    game ends in a tie 2-2 at the end of OT.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

On the contrary. Many people will pick the Browns in this game strictly based on the talent differential.
    Jets are favored by 2, not a lot but they're the favorite. Home game, against a 4-10 team, if we can't win then Idzik needs to start making plans for getting a coach who doesn't have annual December collapses.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Jets are favored by 2, not a lot but they're the favorite. Home game, against a 4-10 team, if we can't win then Idzik needs to start making plans for getting a coach who doesn't have annual December collapses.
    Depends on how they lose. If they get blown out, absolutely.

If the refs get involved in a close game, maybe not

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Hope the Jets pull it out in the end but I'd love to see this cause I'm starting Gordon in my fantasy championship game.