Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM backs Geno

MM backs Geno

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 53m

Marty Mornhinweg adds that he's "even more certain now" that Geno Smith "could be a really good one."

The Jets will not be drafting a QB this year. I for one just hope they go all in with Geno and surround him with as much talent as possible.

All League
    Yup, forget a QB in the 1st, we got to find a way to come away with Warkins in that 1st round, add a QB with the extra 3rd for competion in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post

Marty Mornhinweg adds that he's "even more certain now" that Geno Smith "could be a really good one."

The Jets will not be drafting a QB this year. I for one just hope they go all in with Geno and surround him with as much talent as possible.
    I also am feeling that is the way to go. However, this may change if Rex and company aren't in charge after the season is over.

Hall Of Fame
    I think most people realize that 99.9999% of rookie QBs are going to suck with our offensive roster.

Every time I see Geno get a decent pocket and watch him fire the ball 35 yards down the field, I think he could be really good,.... but man oh man, when I see the bonehead throws into coverage and the failure to make a hot read on an overload blitz, I wonder if he's just another strong armed waste of ability.

Hall Of Fame
    If the Jets don't draft a Qb somewhere in this draft they are sheer and utter fools who are meant to repeat mistakes they just made. At the beginning of next year I want Geno Smith, a new draft pick and a viable vet all going into camp, all equal and the job is 100% up for grabs.

I really don't expect our OC to come out and publicly denounce our rookie QB no matter how good or how bad he is playing.

Just because MM says he likes Geno, Geno could be special, etc. don't think that we pass up a good value at the quarterback position if it falls into our laps.

Rookie
    I like Geno but it would be foolish not to draft a quarterback in this draft. We need a better backup than Simms and the next quarterback could possibly be insurance incase Geno doesn't pan out.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

I said he has everything McNabb doesn't, Marty, we'll see.

Practice Squad
    Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB. Great pick by Ireland.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB. Great pick by Ireland.
    What makes you say that? He's had a good year but franchise QB? Way too early to tell.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

regardless of the reason why ... hearing an OC I respect in MM say this about Geno is the best piece of QB news I've heard since 5-4

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think most people realize that 99.9999% of rookie QBs are going to suck with our offensive roster.
    Id like to think so but there are GENO haters who are unrelenting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    regardless of the reason why ... hearing an OC I respect in MM say this about Geno is the best piece of QB news I've heard since 5-4
    If you get to see his interview on Jets site he's very sincere in his evaluation on Geno, he basically says to the un-trained eye on the outside its hard to see how much he's improved.

He knows more then anybody how much Geno has progressed mentally from day 1, he seems pleased with the fundamental developments etc.

This is my biggest concern about Rex being fired, I would really like to retain MM and go into year two continuing to develop Geno, and of course far more talent at his disposal.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    If you get to see his interview on Jets site he's very sincere in his evaluation on Geno, he basically says to the un-trained eye on the outside its hard to see how much he's improved.

He knows more then anybody how much Geno has progressed mentally from day 1, he seems pleased with the fundamental developments etc.

This is my biggest concern about Rex being fired, I would really like to retain MM and go into year two continuing to develop Geno, and of course far more talent at his disposal.
    You raise an excellent point! I see no coaches that could win 6 games with such poor talent on offense and a raw rookie QB. Rex will stay!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You raise an excellent point! I see no coaches that could win 6 games with such poor talent on offense and a raw rookie QB. Rex will stay!
    Only way Idzik gets to keep Marty and fire Rex should he so desire, is to make him HC on a 1 year rolling contract.

Not sure how the locker room would react to this though.

Hall Of Fame
    MM might not even be the Jets' OC in two weeks, so chalk this one up in the "what else is he gonna say?" file.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think most people realize that 99.9999% of MOST QBs are going to suck with our offensive roster.
    Fixed

Veteran

MM better convice Rex then , because Rex is still trying to hide the QB.

Practice Squad

What do you expect MM to say, he stinks ? He has to give the company line in public, Lets see what happens, I for one could not imagine another year of Geno.