Thread: New Story: The look of a leader

All Jets 24/7

Post New Story: The look of a leader

Florham Park, NJ

More...

Hall Of Fame
    I agree that Geno showed something in that drive that inspired the team. The blocked kick killed us.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree that Geno showed something in that drive that inspired the team. The blocked kick killed us.
    And we had a spark going early on that holMEs blew with that drop. Geno is clearly improving.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And we had a spark going early on that holMEs blew with that drop. Geno is clearly improving.
    Totally disagree ... I have seen zero improvement. He had good games early and bad games followed .. Up and down all season .. I want consistency .. Geno has never shown that. He is far worse than Sanchez thus far.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Totally disagree ... I have seen zero improvement. He had good games early and bad games followed .. Up and down all season .. I want consistency .. Geno has never shown that. He is far worse than Sanchez thus far.
    Rex did say openly recently that after the early turnovers they reined in the offense ... he realised that was a bad move (after two consecutive games of 3 points a pop) and when they opened it up a bit again, suddenly we've put up 57 points in two weeks.

I don't believe Geno regressed as an individual, I believe the offense regressed by playing scared. Free and loose got us to 5-4, then low risk and reserved got us to 5-7. Back to free and loose and we're 1-1 since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Don't agree. In 2009, Sanchez had a much more talented team to work with. The Jets had a great running game, Dustin Keller at TE and a healthy Braylon and Cotchery as starting WRs. Geno has much more physical ability then Sanchez, but is raw and never should have been the starter at the beginning of the season. I believe Geno can be our QB moving forward but it is essential that he be surrounded with better talent next season. I would hope we use our early draft picks on offense. Rather then draft a QB, we should sign a competent vet like Schaub as insurance for Geno. In no way am I ready to cash in my chips with Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Rex did say openly recently that after the early turnovers they reined in the offense ... he realised that was a bad move (after two consecutive games of 3 points a pop) and when they opened it up a bit again, suddenly we've put up 57 points in two weeks.

I don't believe Geno regressed as an individual, I believe the offense regressed by playing scared. Free and loose got us to 5-4, then low risk and reserved got us to 5-7. Back to free and loose and we're 1-1 since.
    I agree. During that horrid 3 game losing streak I was lamenting Geno playing like a robot. All i thought was "just play man stop being so careful adn methodical, just play and let it all hang out". That's how you do it.

Of course, our brainiac head coach decided to be a head coach and make a decision on something he knows nothing about. Instead of fixing his "vaunted defense" he stuck his nose in the offense and we saw the results.

My belief is they should've thrown the ball 40-50 times a game this year. It's an evaluation, rebuilding year. In this manner you learn what you do or don't have. We're still unsure of anything right now because of the course they took. Another strike on rexy. All this bluster and confidence yet he plays scared. This was the perfect season to play free and loose. If he gets fired so what. Isn't he and everyone else confident that he'll get a job "in 5 minutes" like his brother is. Surely that's a good reason to let it all hang out.

I've rattled on long enough,

peace.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    I agree. During that horrid 3 game losing streak I was lamenting Geno playing like a robot. All i thought was "just play man stop being so careful adn methodical, just play and let it all hang out". That's how you do it.

Of course, our brainiac head coach decided to be a head coach and make a decision on something he knows nothing about. Instead of fixing his "vaunted defense" he stuck his nose in the offense and we saw the results.

My belief is they should've thrown the ball 40-50 times a game this year. It's an evaluation, rebuilding year. In this manner you learn what you do or don't have. We're still unsure of anything right now because of the course they took. Another strike on rexy. All this bluster and confidence yet he plays scared. This was the perfect season to play free and loose. If he gets fired so what. Isn't he and everyone else confident that he'll get a job "in 5 minutes" like his brother is. Surely that's a good reason to let it all hang out.

peace.
    I think as soon as the playoffs became part of the discussion, everyone started playing a bit scared. They didn't want to screw up - and got away from exactly what got them into the position in the first place.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post

peace.
    The turnovers were killing the team. Nothing wrong with trying to minimize turnovers especially in a playoff hunt. I guess only one Pick 6 in the CArolina game can be considered an improvement.