Thread: WOW. Another year

WOW. Another year

Had season tickets for 42 years now. Been going with my Dad since the 71 and we 're still goin Sunday. A lot of bad football but we really enjoy the home games. Can't believe how fast it went when I was a teen starting out in Shea . Who else is in the same boat as me , not many ole timers left that would still be goin, just wondering who's left! Go Jets! Final home game again saying maybe next year.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    Had season tickets for 42 years now. Been going with my Dad since the 71 and we 're still goin Sunday. A lot of bad football but we really enjoy the home games. Can't believe how fast it went when I was a teen starting out in Shea . Who else is in the same boat as me , not many ole timers left that would still be goin, just wondering who's left! Go Jets! Final home game again saying maybe next year.
    My son gets my tickets to take his friends this weekend...the Jets are starting to wear me down.

All League
    The same year. Had tickets since 68 and it's been a long time but still there are some games that were worth it such as win over Pats and Saints.

Hall Of Fame
    bigmoe, you are a great fan. The Jets are lucky to have loyal longtime fans like you and jetswin. There are quite a few "old timers" here from the Shea days. I am not one of them but I have respect for those of you that have been through a lot more heartache than us younger guys have. Been a fan since my dad took me to a practice in '94. My first game was '95. Jets were pretty bad back then but I was too young to get caught up in it. These past couple of season have been the worst since the Kotite years IMO. We had some bad years with Herm and Mangini but we also lost the QB those years so it was different. Hang in there, better days are ahead.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I have been a fan since 68, seasons since 77 my dad passed in 92 the brother inlaw has been with me since we will be there sunday right till the end. We have had the best run of football since woody has taken over the team. I think he get unfairly painted here he wants to win just as bad as us and the prices are inline with the rest of the nfl 20 for parking is actually cheap for ny area. Enjoy the game have a safe and happy holidays.

Practice Squad
    3 1/2 hours away so a little far for season tickets but will be there for this Sunday. Was there for Herms last game a Jan 1st loss against the Bills I believe. Dad brought me to a game in 68 as well and I swallowed hook, line and sinker. Somone else said it on here 1st but "at the end of every season I want to dig up his grave and punch him in the head for bringing me to that game". My 3 boys will be in attendance Sunday as well. :-)

All League
    3.5 hours away so I usually only hit 1-2 games a year...but never missed one on tv since the nfl ticket was introduced.....yeah they disappoint, yeah it would be nice to get a SB but wtf u gonna do???!!!! Change teams???? Hell no!! Stuck with them and just fine with it!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    3.5 hours away so I usually only hit 1-2 games a year...but never missed one on tv since the nfl ticket was introduced.....yeah they disappoint, yeah it would be nice to get a SB but wtf u gonna do???!!!! Change teams???? Hell no!! Stuck with them and just fine with it!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    bigmoe, you are a great fan. .
    Thanks , yea it's just been a long haul but we really enjoy it. From OJ in the snow, Joe "Willie's" last game , scab games, the pumpkin game, fake spike, Dennis Byrd injury, blah blah blah up until now, just want a home championship game. Maybe next year . Go JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    It's crazy how quickly the year goes by. I guess that's a good thing considering how bad the team is. Still, I miss watching terrible Jet football in the offseason.

All League
    I normally wait till December to go to my annual game. But went early this year. Have made the trip regardless of the record. I think it was 07 or 08 against the chiefs and we had a miserable season. Still made the trip and always will! Go jets!

Practice Squad
    I have been going since 84. My dad had tickets since Shea. My son is now going and he is 5 and can't wait to go this Sunday. Even though as fans we go thru a lot of crap, those wins just mean even more. We love the home games and never miss any, unless we really need to.

Happy Holidays to everyone and enjoy the last home game if your attending.

Veteran
    ive been going since '83, lots of losing seasons for me. so sick of it. this team is cursed, feel bad for the people since the last SB. the way woody runs the jets, being more concerned with the snoopy bowl, and mitt Romney, and offseason back pages, this team will never win.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post

been a fan since 69. When I was 8. Grew up single parent house , public assistance etc. Football tix were not in the plans. First home game was Shea, 1982,mI was 21. Met a young Jets fan at our club last year. Same situation, his mom brings him but couldn't afford tickets. I took him last Sunday.

I got a LOT more out of it than he did.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's crazy how quickly the year goes by. I guess that's a good thing considering how bad the team is. Still, I miss watching terrible Jet football in the offseason.
    Mr. McGinley. All year I had the thing at the bottom of every comment shutoff because of the things that move on your posts. I turned them back on tonight and yours still move. Is it possible for you to stop those things from moving so I can look at things other folks have posted like 51?

Veteran
    Been a fan since 71, been going to games since 80 (cousin has season ticktes at Shea) , got my own seasons when the Jets moved to the Meadowlands in 84. Have had season tickets since then , this year missed the most games since I started due to some health issues. Won't be there Sunday but fullly expect to be there opening day in 2014.

Our group when we started in 84 had tailagtes of about 25-30 people, since then we've dwindled and since the move to Metlife we're down to 10. Have suffered through many bad seasons and awful football but its part of our life and we fully enjoy the tailgate experience and look forward to the day when the Jets can hoist Lombardi again.