Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel Rex has no fear about his job security?

Anyone else feel Rex has no fear about his job security?

Just watched today's press conference, and pretty much every press conference this year. Lately the media has been prodding him about his job security.

Do you fans agree he seems very comfortable or confident about his future? I get the feeling he knows he is either going to be back, or he feels he's going to pick up another head coaching job soon after his firing. I get a sense he knows he's going to land on his feet no matter what happens in 2 weeks.

Practice Squad
    He goes through life the way we all should. Only worry about the truly important stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    What's more telling to me is that Woody Johnson has not been heard from in a while. The fact that he hasn't mentioned Rex at all tells me a bit

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What's more telling to me is that Woody Johnson has not been heard from in a while. The fact that he hasn't mentioned Rex at all tells me a bit
    I've thought the same in recent days, that Woody hasn't come out and given Rex a public vote of confidence. Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

This is from 2 months ago:

“We’re happy with Rex,” Johnson said. “Coaches have to be good teachers and good leaders and I think he’s both.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2o41jeSCB

Charter JI Member
    Why wouldn't Rex be confident? If the Jets are foolish enough to let him go he will have multiple offers.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I've thought the same in recent days, that Woody hasn't come out and given Rex a public vote of confidence. Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking on my part.
    On the contrary, isn't the public vote of confidence usually the kiss of death?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    He goes through life the way we all should. Only worry about the truly important stuff.
    lololol

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Why wouldn't Rex be confident? If the Jets are foolish enough to let him go he will have multiple offers.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD
    For a Defensive coordinator position. As far as that, he should be very sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    For a Defensive coordinator position. As far as that, he should be very sought after.
    Actually I tend to agree more with jetswin.

I think Rex gets an opportunity to be a head coach, and I don't think he has to wait long. That's why it looks to me like Rex is not worried at all. Just a feeling when watching him. He looks comfortable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HardHittingJets View Post

I think Rex gets an opportunity to be a head coach, and I don't think he has to wait long. That's why it looks to me like Rex is not worried at all. Just a feeling when watching him. He looks comfortable.
    I don't see it?
    He actually looks subdued & a little depressed. He doesn't look confident to me at all.
    As for a HC opportunity if he gets let's go, where? He won't be a head coach in 2014 if he's not the Jets HC, DC maybe.

Hall Of Fame
    Just watched today's press conference, and pretty much every press conference this year. Lately the media has been prodding him about his job security.

Do you fans agree he seems very comfortable or confident about his future? I get the feeling he knows he is either going to be back, or he feels he's going to pick up another head coaching job soon after his firing. I get a sense he knows he's going to land on his feet no matter what happens in 2 weeks.

The most obvious response for me is it is one of the things he does best. He does not worry about sh*t that he cannot control. That would be stupid. He's just doing the best that he can with what he's given and THAT is where his own responsibility ends. If he started worrying about what the fans think his future should be, he would never be able to even function. And, yes, you're right if he was to be fired (which I am dead set against), he would IMMEDIATELY pick up another HC gig. Rex is a hot commodity within the owners circle.

All League
    Rex is gone, no way Idzik ties his success to Rex.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    This is from 2 months ago:

“We’re happy with Rex,” Johnson said. “Coaches have to be good teachers and good leaders and I think he’s both.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2o41jeSCB
    And we have gone 1-4 and a bad 1-4 at that since then.

All Pro

He'd likely get anther HC job off the bat. You'd be looking a 8-9 openings in the NFL and 3 or 4 major colleges looking for HCs. He would be competing with much worse options. I could very well see Washington and Dallas vying for him if we fired him. Both owners have already committed to a QB that wants to run his O not the coaches. If Rex could do to either of their Ds what he did here year one your taking instant improvement. Jones has already stated he wish he had kept his brother Rob.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The most obvious response for me is it is one of the things he does best. He does not worry about sh*t that he cannot control. That would be stupid. He's just doing the best that he can with what he's given and THAT is where his own responsibility ends. If he started worrying about what the fans think his future should be, he would never be able to even function. And, yes, you're right if he was to be fired (which I am dead set against), he would IMMEDIATELY pick up another HC gig. Rex is a hot commodity within the owners circle.
    I see zero chance for Rex to get another head coaching job right away. He will have to prove himself as DC again first. Rex has a LOT of baggage he brings to an organization

All League
    I am tired of the coach changes. Yes I loved it when Parcells was brought in but enough is enough. I think he has what it takes but just needs the personnel. He is a great defensive coordinator and MM is a great Offensive coordinator. NOW LETS BRING IN THE PLAYERS.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsrush View Post
    I am tired of the coach changes. Yes I loved it when Parcells was brought in but enough is enough. I think he has what it takes but just needs the personnel. He is a great defensive coordinator and MM is a great Offensive coordinator. NOW LETS BRING IN THE PLAYERS.
    I'd say more like good, and good other than that +1.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He could very well see Washington and Dallas vying for him if we fired him.
    After Jerry Jones fired his twin brother? Unlikely. And I'll happily eat some crow if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    After Jerry Jones fired his twin brother? Unlikely. And I'll happily eat some crow if I'm wrong.
    Jerruh Jones has admitted that firing Rob Ryan was a mistake.