Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots skip practice to go to movies

Veteran

Patriots skip practice to go to movies

It's no Dave and Busters...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-the-movies/

AP
    The Patriots spent part of today watching film, but it wasn’t all of the Ravens.

According to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald, coach Bill Belichick juggled his schedule to take his players to the movies.

They saw the new movie “Lone Survivor,” which is actually about a group of under-siege Navy SEALs, and not, as you might think, about Tom Brady’s receiving corps.

Their last field trip was also to see another Mark Wahlberg movie, “The Fighter.” Such trips are more common during training camp, but breaking the routine can help keep players focused as the regular season draws to a close.

Charter JI Member
    Brokeback Mountain?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Brokeback Mountain?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD
    Winner.

/thread.

All Pro
    The crying game
    It's a movie about a QB who cries to the refs until a flag is thrown.

Banned
    I bet they didn't pay for their tickets!

All League
    Wonder who was assigned to tape the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Wonder who was assigned to tape the movie?
    Doesn't matter, it was destroyed after viewing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm trying to think of a line...but the depleted Pats are taking the division, the frkiggin scandal-ridden DOlphiends are sniffing the playoffs and we are limping into the end of yet another suck-fezt season with no bright future in sight.

Uh..how close did they sit to the scr.......

ugh

blech pittooooey

-

All League
    BB is one the last coaches these days who gets how to coach grown men. It's a different skill from college coaching, BB grew up watching his dad coach Navy, he gets it. Not sure if Rex gets it yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    BB is one the last coaches these days who gets how to coach grown men. It's a different skill from college coaching, BB grew up watching his dad coach Navy, he gets it. Not sure if Rex gets it yet.
    Actually, I don't think Rex gets it 100% either. Both coaches have a big ego, but it seems Rex learns at a snail's pace as opposed to BB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Actually, I don't think Rex gets it 100% either. Both coaches have a big ego, but it seems Rex learns at a snail's pace as opposed to BB.
    Agreed, but I'll take an upbringing dissecting Navy football over Buddy's teaching of his kids anyday.

And he hired both of his boys in Arizona. Where is the dude who decried nepotism when BB hired his son to run for coffees?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-21-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Somehow the Pats know how to do a team-building activity without potentially firing up their opponent. We go to a bar/arcade and they go watch a movie that is relevant to their season. Belliboy used the movie to send a message to his team. He is a genius.

All League
    BB gets gets the benefit of the doubt for moves like this, Rex does not, can you not understand this? I think you are Pats-*****ing recently just to placate Ray Ray, who thinks you aren't a real fan, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Somehow the Pats know how to do a team-building activity without potentially firing up their opponent. We go to a bar/arcade and they go watch a movie that is relevant to their season. Belliboy used the movie to send a message to his team. He is a genius.
    Let's see if the Pats come out flat and unprepared Sunday..

All League
    http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ra...iminate-ravens

Ruh Roh. Pats are deviating from the Patriot Way and yapping. Is this the end?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ra...iminate-ravens

Ruh Roh. Pats are deviating from the Patriot Way and yapping. Is this the end?
    I think the trash talking thing is overblown. What do you want to guy to say? "The Ravens are a nice organization, and I like playing football with them."?

Plus, the media types are smart, and many football players aren't as quick witted. They direct the questions and conversations so that players say things like the above.

All League
    I think the trash talking thing is overblown. What do you want to guy to say? "The Ravens are a nice organization, and I like playing football with them."?

Plus, the media types are smart, and many football players aren't as quick witted. They direct the questions and conversations so that players say things like the above.
    I love it. I finally understand why so many Jets fans loved the yapping. Suggs yapped all last year and destroyed the Pats. Talk is overrated. These are professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Let's see if the Pats come out flat and unprepared Sunday..
    Do not know if they will come out flat this Sunday, but they have come out flat plenty when it counted recently.......2009 at home against the Ravens...lose 33-14......2010 Against Rex and the Jets Lost at home 28-21.... last year 28-13 again the Ravens at home and were a drop away from losing to the Ravens in 2011.... Lost to a 9-7 Giant team in the SB...

Not comparing Rex to Beli but since Rex has been here the Jets have 1 more playoff win than the Pats.....Not exactly genius material in my view!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I love it. I finally understand why so many Jets fans loved the yapping. Suggs yapped all last year and destroyed the Pats. Talk is overrated. These are professionals.
    Agreed. It's part of the game. Let players say whatever they want. Live with the consequences if you look stupid saying what you decided to say.

All League
    Agreed. It's part of the game. Let players say whatever they want. Live with the consequences if you look stupid saying what you decided to say.
    Yes and no. There is a point at which you need to shut up. BB gets a lot of fuss for his approach but it sounds like it's not as crazy as it looks