Thread: Let's analyze the analytical Idzik

Let's analyze the analytical Idzik

Since John Idzik is an analytical person, I thought it would be fun to try and analyze his background and see what his vision might be for the NY Jets. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into an argument, just want to get some football talk going. What do you see from Idzik's work experience which would lead you to believe some of the moves and philosophy he's going to use for the Jet's future.

Seattle Seahawks 2013
    370 pass attempts, 453 rush attempts. They are second in the league in rushing.

Russel Wilson is good looking young qb who can look very dynamic. When you watch them play, is it wrong to say at this point, he's more of a game manager? The Seattle Seahawk blueprint is to the run the ball and play solid defense. I see the name Darrel Bevell mentioned a ton on here but I wonder if fans realize that Seattle is relying on a tough run game and defense to win ball games. If Idzik believes that's the way to win games from his experience there, wouldn't Idzik pluck someone like Dan Quinn from Seattle instead of Bevell.

Arizona Cardinals.
    This is going just from memory but the year that Arizona had success, they had a HOF qb throwing to HOF wr. That Cardinal team if I remember had that division wrapped up early. Didn't they have a losing streak going into the playoffs that year and got hot once in the playoffs. Warner carried that team and the defense really picked it up once the playoffs began.

Tampa Bay
    Again going from memory but I think Idzik was there when Dungy was the coach. That team was without a doubt a defensive team that relied on a running game of Dunn and Alstott.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable posters here who like to do the research so would love to hear what you guys think as far as Idzik's philosophy going forward. My opinion Idzik believes success in the NFL is strong defense, running the football, and limiting turnovers. Sounds similar to what the current coach believes as well.

.....Is this your attempt to convince ourselves that Idzik should not pick his own coach? Furthermore, Idzik being as 'analytical' as you proclaimed, would surely realize the game has changed, and is more so focused on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    I think every GM believes in strong defense, running the ball and limiting turnovers. Actually, I think every single person in the NFL believes in those things. But in 2013 the QB and passing game have become essential. If you can't score you can't win. Very few games are won on defense nowadays. Idizk is an Ivy League guy, I am sure he realizes that and will act accordingly.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by HardHittingJets View Post
    Since John Idzik is an analytical person, I thought it would be fun to try and analyze his background and see what his vision might be for the NY Jets. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into an argument, just want to get some football talk going. What do you see from Idzik's work experience which would lead you to believe some of the moves and philosophy he's going to use for the Jet's future.
    I don't want to start an argument or post anything disprutive, but I have a feeling no matter what happens tomorrow & in Miami next week, Mr. Idzik is going to gut this team. I'll go more in depth about why I think this after the Browns game. Interesting thread.

All League
    Let's analyze the analytical Idzik

Let's not

All League
    Seahawks are going to quiet the people who say you have to pass and pass some more to win in the league. There is still great value in controlling the game by running the football and they are proving it

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I think he needs to replace the scouts who are presenting our offensive choices,asone other thread pointed out we havent had a top 10 offense in in 10 years..13 picks + cap space,if we ever are going to rebuild our offense yhis is the year.