Thread: Let it rip Marty!

All Pro

Let it rip Marty!

2 absolutely meaningless games, it's time to take the shackles off again & let Geno rip it!
    This is just practice now, some more film work.
    If the Jets play conservative on offense in these last 2 games then Rex is definitely coaching to save his job!
    I would think if Idzik plans on keeping Rex, he would tell Rex to let the kid go over these last 2 games.
    Let's see how many times we throw on 1st down.
    If we go run run pass, Rex is a goner!

Ignoring the Rex's job part of your post (although it is the first time I've seen that thought here) it could make the games interesting, Dennis Thurman confirms that intention:

"With the Jets officially eliminated from playoff contention, defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman admitted they will try to examine their roster as much as possible over the last two games.
    “We’re going to utilize our entire defensive roster the next couple weeks,” said Thurman, who singled out Josh Bush and Jaiquawn Jarrett as youngsters they want to look at. “We’ll get a chance to evaluate some guys who haven’t played as much. That’s part of it. And yet we’re still going to go out and try to win the games. That’s what you’re here for.
    “It can be difficult. But yet, we have to try and do it. It’s something that’s important to us, to get a look at these guys on tape in game action against another team’s first unit. So that’s what we’re going to try to do.’’
    "

Veteran
    Well..... I guess it would be cool to set an NFL record. Also I have never seen an NFL QB have a double digit int game. Yeah let it rip!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Well..... I guess it would be cool to set an NFL record. Also I have never seen an NFL QB have a double digit int game. Yeah let it rip!!
    LMAO! At least we might see a defense back up for once.

Veteran
    Rex and Marty both stay. Upgraded roster in 2014, second year of MM's system. I'm not saying it will be a Superbowl year, but the team wil be markedly better, make the playoffs and we as fans will begin to se the type of team we want and deserve.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Ignoring the Rex's job part of your post (although it is the first time I've seen that thought here) it could make the games interesting, Dennis Thurman confirms that intention:

"With the Jets officially eliminated from playoff contention, defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman admitted they will try to examine their roster as much as possible over the last two games.
    “We’re going to utilize our entire defensive roster the next couple weeks,” said Thurman, who singled out Josh Bush and Jaiquawn Jarrett as youngsters they want to look at. “We’ll get a chance to evaluate some guys who haven’t played as much. That’s part of it. And yet we’re still going to go out and try to win the games. That’s what you’re here for.
    “It can be difficult. But yet, we have to try and do it. It’s something that’s important to us, to get a look at these guys on tape in game action against another team’s first unit. So that’s what we’re going to try to do.’’
    "
    Wait until they send the TE up with a seam route, pull the safety in, and then just throw the ball to Gordon.

It doesn't matter who's covering him. Either PI or TD.

Veteran
    Let it rip!

After Geno throws a few more pick sixes we can all blame the lack of playmakers.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    2 absolutely meaningless games, it's time to take the shackles off again & let Geno rip it!
    If the Jets play conservative on offense in these last 2 games then Rex is definitely coaching to save his job!
    I would think if Idzik plans on keeping Rex, he would tell Rex to let the kid go over these last 2 games.
    Who's he gonna throw to? Geno is not the entire problem.

All Pro
    No excuse not to unshackle Geno with nothing to play for these next two games.....contrary to popular belief on this board who want to throw him in the garbage after 14 starts...his evaluation is not over....he needs the reps to go into TC next year ready to EARN the starting job...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

it's time to take the shackles off again & let Geno rip it!

What if the Browns bring a corner blitz?

Geno can't read that.....he'll be on his as$ because he can't read a blitz

He sucks

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

"
    I guess Ed Reed will only get 90% of the snaps then

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    What if the Browns bring a corner blitz?

Geno can't read that.....he'll be on his as$ because he can't read a blitz

He sucks
    Or 25 yards back and still backpedaling .

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The shackles have been off, what do you think they are gonna do, wait till year 2 to see what a Qb can and can't do?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The shackles have been off, what do you think they are gonna do, wait till year 2 to see what a Qb can and can't do?
    Some people believe he'll improve in year 2. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Either way, this team should plan a contingency (draft/FA/etc) in case he doesn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Or 25 yards back and still backpedaling .
    Haha, that mental image has been burned into my mind. It's like Marty's system calls for 45 step drops.