Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glazer: Rex told players he'll be fired after season

Hall Of Fame

Glazer: Rex told players he'll be fired after season

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva: FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Rex Ryan told #Jets players this week that "word on the street" is he'll be fired after season.

FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLonFOX: DEVELOPING: Rex Ryan told his team in a meeting last night that he believes he is getting fired, via @JayGlazer.

JayGlazer @JayGlazer: Rex Ryan told his players in team meeting last night that word on street is that he's getting fired and asked players to fight w him these last 2 weeks.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 12-22-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva: FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Rex Ryan told #Jets players this week that "word on the street" is he'll be fired after season.
    Misleading thread title. Everybody knows there is public speculation that he'll be fired.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If true, that's a great way for Rex to motivate his players to care.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Sunday morning that Jets coach Rex Ryan told his players this week that he expects to be fired after the season.

If so, Ryan is going to be a hot commodity on the defensive coordinator market in a few weeks. Ryan entered this season in limbo, as Jets owners Woody Johnson fired GM Mike Tannenbaum and replaced him with ex-Seattle exec John Idzik, who now has an opportunity hand pick his own head coach. Rumors have linked Idzik's interest beginning at Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell. Ryan reportedly told his players this week that "word on the street" is he'll be out after the season, and he asked the players to "fight for him" over the final two regular season games.

FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLonFOX: DEVELOPING: Rex Ryan told his team in a meeting last night that he believes he is getting fired, via @JayGlazer.

JayGlazer @JayGlazer: Rex Ryan told his players in team meeting last night that word on street is that he's getting fired and asked players to fight w him these last 2 weeks.
    Context.

Rex isn't getting fired. He's firing his team up.

finally. wonder what his wife will do with that tattoo

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Context.

Rex isn't getting fired. He's firing his team up.
    Rex apologists, ladies and gentlemen.

Rex isn't getting fired and shouldn't be getting fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Idzik is a f-ing a$$hole

Ryan reportedly told his players this week that "word on the street" is he'll be out after the season, and he asked the players to "fight for him" over the final two regular season games.
    how pathetic is that. no dignity whatsoever

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If true, that's a great way for Rex to motivate his players to care.

Have you finally come around now?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Idzik is a f-ing a$$hole
    Get the hell out of here, he deserves to select his own coach.

Practice Squad
    Word on the "street" is not word from the front office.

Banned
    I know its been a rough couple of years but I guarantee most people will miss Rex. I know I will...I wish we gave him a qb to play with so we could actually see what he would be able to do.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I know its been a rough couple of years but I guarantee most people will miss Rex. I know I will...I wish we gave him a qb to play with so we could actually see what he would be able to do.
    Of course. We'll ALL miss the bottom-five offenses, the undisciplined penalties, the post bye week funks, the lack of offensive development, and multitude of in-game managerial blunders.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    how pathetic is that. no dignity whatsoever
    If you believe that's exactly what was said then your more pathetic then the writers who feed you this trash.

Hall Of Fame
    Of course. We'll ALL miss the bottom-five offenses, the undisciplined penalties, the post bye week funks, the lack of offensive development, and multitude of in-game managerial blunders.
    Lots of Christmas cheer :p

All League
    You know..we have seen worse coaches in our glorious history...no guarantees that the hot new guy comes in here and gets us wins and no penalties, etc

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Banned
    Grass isn't always greener.....that's all I'm saying. I'm not going to get in a back in forth with the rex ryan haters....I have my issues with him as well, on that note gfy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Clearly this tells me that he even believes he was a crappy coach this year so therefore this should seal his fate. Goodluck being the Cowgirls D Coordinator next year Rex! It was fun while it lasted.