View Poll Results: Should the Jets keep Rex?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

232 74.12%
  • no

81 25.88%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Jets keep Rex

Charter JI Member

Should the Jets keep Rex

Simple poll, yes or no...feel free to justify your position here.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Simple poll, yes or no...feel free to justify your position here.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD
    Where's the Poll?? Did Obama's people set it up??

Charter JI Member
    I vote yes, Rex has really done a good job keep his team focused during his time here, and despite a lack of playoff appearances in recent years I think he is a coach that could get the Jets to a Super Bowl and win it. I have no doubt that Rex would be hugely successful elsewhere with a less dysfunctional franchise, and truly believe he loves being a NY Jet.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Where's the Poll?? Did Obama's people set it up??
    lol, sorry had to run downstairs to the computer I couldn't figure out how to do it on my kindle.

Hall Of Fame
    The players played hard for Rex this year and won 7 games with a rookie QB. Next year we'll make the playoffs with a few additions and a seasoned Geno.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The players played hard for Rex this year and won 7 games with a rookie QB. Next year we'll make the playoffs with a few additions and a seasoned Geno.
    I'm not trying to bust balls here but did they play hard against Cincy, Buff, Mia , and Balt? People keep using this cliche' . The players like Rex but they don't always show up for him!!!!

Banned
    No other head coach would have the fan bases support after 3 straight non playoff seasons. It really is amazing.

All Pro
    i voted no. He should have been fired 2 yrs ago after the debacle in miami.

Veteran
    Undoubtedly yes

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I'm not trying to bust balls here but did they play hard against Cincy, Buff, Mia , and Balt? People keep using this cliche' . The players like Rex but they don't always show up for him!!!!
    You're confusing playing hard with playing well. I don't remember the jets not playing hard all year. Players play for Rex. They just didn't have enough players who are capable of playing consistently well.

To me if you vote to fire Rex you're saying they had 9, 10 or 11 win talent here that underachieved. I don't see that.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 12-22-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Veteran
    jets fans love mediocrity. we haven't won anything in 44yrs. guess a lot of fans around here are happy with no playoffs again, and no SB apperances or SB victories in 44 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    No other head coach would have the fan bases support after 3 straight non playoff seasons. It really is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Yes, they played hard, but they lost.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're confusing playing hard with playing well. I don't remember the jets not playing hard all year. Players play for Rex
    Can I have examples of teams that don't play hard then? Even if they do play hard for him, what has that gotten us over the past three years? Did they play hard for him down the stretch last year?

Again, my point is that guys throw this term around like it means something… It doesn't mean a thing if you can't perform or win…

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    That's a really good point, I know I've had no love for any coach in recent history who was not successful. What is it about Rex? I'd have to say he's just different, lousy argument I know but in his case and for the Jets I think different is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

All the experts said it would be a absolute miracle if we won more than 3 games this season.We doubled that total w Rex as our coach.Rex got us to AFC championship games,he should be giben a year w draft picks & cap space.Rex should stay!

Hall Of Fame
    Will they? I don't think they will

Should they? If the offense continues to show signs of life next week in Miami, then I would bring him back for one more year. Also the candidates (outside of Whisenhunt, my pick) are blah

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    All the experts said it would be a absolute miracle if we won more than 3 games this season.We doubled that total w Rex as our coach.Rex got us to AFC championship games,he should be giben a year w draft picks & cap space.Rex should stay!
    This would be the first year the Jets are not handicapped by the salary cap in Rex's tenure here.

Veteran
    1236279_10200283487717780_310067332_n-1.jpeg

Yup, definitely keep him. When EVERYONE thought we were easily the worst team in the league he got us to at least 7-9, possibly 8-8 just barely out of the playoffs. With the ability to now add some offensive weapons given cap room, letting him go now would be insane.

No. He makes his players be over-confident. No dicipline EVER. Inconsistant defense. Beat a bunch of bad teams including buff,atlanta,browns...etc. He doesn't know all 3 sides of the ball.Can't evaluate talent. Is too emotionally invested in wins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This would be the first year the Jets are not handicapped by the salary cap in Rex's tenure here.
    but we are handicapped by his inability as a head coach