Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hakeem Nicks

Hakeem Nicks

Woody, please, dip into the trust fund and make this happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If he restricts us from a legitimate playmaker - not saying he's not, but he's quite often injured - then I'd pass. He's a poor man's Boldin.

Veteran
    Ughh No , way too injury prone .

All League
    I mean, he might be one of the better available FA options, but he's been in a steady injury-fueled decline for 2 years. He's not a #1. I'd rather gamble low money on Maclin.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I mean, he might be one of the better available FA options, but he's been in a steady injury-fueled decline for 2 years. He's not a #1. I'd rather gamble low money on Maclin.
    This. Maclin on the cheap, and draft two or three WRs.

As DDNY posted earlier:

#1: FA/Draft
    #2: FA/Draft
    #3: Kerley
    #4: Nelson
    #5: Hill

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Injury prone, seems to drop at least 1-2 easy catches in every Giants game I've watched this year and hasn't reeled in a single TD this season.

Yep, sign this beast.

Let's pass on the best UFA WR on the market because he's "injury prone" so we can sign a guy who is on the IR like Maclin.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Injury prone, seems to drop at least 1-2 easy catches in every Giants game I've watched this year and hasn't reeled in a single TD this season.

Yep, sign this beast.
    Giants have no OL and the entire offense has been a wreck the entire season consequently. Nicks would be our best receiver since Keyshawn by a mile - or maybe 20 miles.

I think Nicks needs a change of scenery. This is a guy having a down year but he still has an impressive resume overall. I think he'd be motivated to come here and make the Giants regret not signing him. His price tag will not be very high after a tough season. I'm on board with this move if that is the direction Idzik takes

Veteran
    Nicks did not score a TD all season...

we have enough players who cant score, how about we get someone who can score?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Woody, please, dip into the trust fund and make this happen.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!!!!!! KEEP NICKS AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS TEAM AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Nicks did not score a TD all season...

we have enough players who cant score, how about we get someone who can score?
    The entire Giants offense has been dysfunctional this year because Reese neglected the OL. Eli was supposedly better than Peyton one year ago now he's arguably as bad as Sanchez. Why? Nobody blocks for him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Giants have no OL and the entire offense has been a wreck the entire season consequently. Nicks would be our best receiver since Keyshawn by a mile - or maybe 20 miles.
    We don't have much of an OL at present time and our entire offense has been a wreck for much of the season.

Yet that didn't stop a JAG like David Nelson from hauling in two TD's today alone...from a rookie QB.

The funny thing about this thread is the same people saying Nicks sucks and we should sign Jeremy "IR" Maclin are the same posters who were screaming for Robert Meachem a couple years ago. How'd he work out once he left Brees?

Veteran
    The funny thing about this thread is the same people saying Nicks sucks and we should sign Jeremy "IR" Maclin are the same posters who were screaming for Robert Meachem a couple years ago. How'd he work out once he left Brees?
    Maclin is familiar with MM's offense and has speed to strecth the field. Nicks is another plodder, we have too many of those already.

Veteran
    The entire Giants offense has been dysfunctional this year because Reese neglected the OL. Eli was supposedly better than Peyton one year ago now he's arguably as bad as Sanchez. Why? Nobody blocks for him.
    and our OL and getting passes from Geno is better?

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Maclin is familiar with MM's offense and has speed to strecth the field. Nicks is another plodder, we have too many of those already.
    "Another plodder" are you kidding me? Nicks is way better than any trash we have right now at the WR position. Our best receiver doesn't play half the time because he's always hurt and the next best receiver was unemployed just a few weeks ago. We need 2x WRs and please no more 2nd or 3rd WRs who are already injured I'm sick of the Justin McCareinses and Matthew Hatchettes.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    and our OL and getting passes from Geno is better?

Giants have the worst OL in the NFL by far. Our OL gets beat up on this site but is way better than anything the Giants have right now.

We don't have much of an OL at present time and our entire offense has been a wreck for much of the season.

Yet that didn't stop a JAG like David Nelson from hauling in two TD's today alone...from a rookie QB.
    Yeah lets continue to neglect the WR position because David Nelson had a good game at home versus a crappy Browns team whose best Corner is hurt.

Yeah lets continue to neglect the WR position because David Nelson had a good game at home versus a crappy Browns team whose best Corner is hurt.