Thread: The immortal Kirk Cousins

Practice Squad

The immortal Kirk Cousins

Put up mediocre numbers against the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. Im not giving up a 2 for this guy. After seeing Geno play I dont want to spend lower than a 4th on a QB.

same. I'd like to keep the 2. However, I'd entertain player trades combined with a lower pick......

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    Put up mediocre numbers against the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. Im not giving up a 2 for this guy. After seeing Geno play I dont want to spend lower than a 4th on a QB.
    Your going to base your opinion on 1 game?
    Genos had games with QBRs in the teens.
    That Skins team has mailed it in, they have a defense ranked near the bottom of the league, and Cousins got the 1st team reps for 4 practices?
    Why does everyone view everything through the eye of a needle?
    It's like Rex, I'm rating him on the entire 5 years.
    Lucky break in 2009, thank Bill Polian, otherwise 8-8
    No show in Pittsburgh in 2010
    Captain Holmes meltdown in Miami in 2011 & 3 consecutive losses to end the season
    6-10 in 2012 with 3 consecutive losses to end the season
    2013 without winning 2 consecutive games & complete no shows after the bye 3 games in a row. Leading the league in TOs & presnap penalties.
    Telling his team that he thinks he will be fired. Who the hell does that?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Your going to base your opinion on 1 game?
    Genos had games with QBRs in the teens.
    That Skins team has mailed it in, they have a defense ranked near the bottom of the league, and Cousins got the 1st team reps for 4 practices?
    Why does everyone view everything through the eye of a needle?
    It's like Rex, I'm rating him on the entire 5 years.
    Lucky break in 2009, thank Bill Polian, otherwise 8-8
    No show in Pittsburgh in 2010
    Captain Holmes meltdown in Miami in 2011 & 3 consecutive losses to end the season
    6-10 in 2012 with 3 consecutive losses to end the season
    2013 without winning 2 consecutive games & complete no shows after the bye 3 games in a row. Leading the league in TOs & presnap penalties.
    Telling his team that he thinks he will be fired. Who the hell does that?
    People on this board ALWAYS make decisions based on one game. So why shouldn't that be used
    on Cousins???

Hall Of Fame
    dont want cousins, not sold on Geno. lets see what the FO can do.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    dont want cousins, not sold on Geno. lets see what the FO can do.
    what the FO has to do is allow a very talented GENO time to grow and be comfortable with the system. They can bring in a qualified backup but allow Geno the opportunity to develop fully! He is much more talented then Sanchez and Cousins!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    what the FO has to do is allow a very talented GENO time to grow and be comfortable with the system. They can bring in a qualified backup but allow Geno the opportunity to develop fully! He is much more talented then Sanchez and Cousins!
    i was at the game yesterday, he was overthrowing guys by 3 feet on some throws...he might be talented, and might develop...but i am currently not impressed. if the jets had a chance to grab a high level franchise QB in the draft, i would be all for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i was at the game yesterday, he was overthrowing guys by 3 feet on some throws...he might be talented, and might develop...but i am currently not impressed. if the jets had a chance to grab a high level franchise QB in the draft, i would be all for it.
    and the first time the high level draftee stinks it up a bit, you'd jump ship. QBs especially very raw ones need time to develop. You chose to moan and groan about missed throws. Why not elaborate on his completions and extra dynamic of being very athletic and able to run to daylight? Haters hate! Three TDs against a pretty tough defense is OK by me. 7 wins with very little offensive talent is also a feat. As stated the FO must give Geno some weapons and more time to develop. Fine. bring in King Kong in shoulder pads to push him to become a better QB. Only I think geno does not need to be pushed. he wants to be great and puts in the time to accomplish it. He may never make it but i'd allow him to try. I think he has shown enough to afford the Jets some comfort with him. Oh and Santonio dropped a sure TD in the end zone. It was on the mark.