Thread: Peter King on Ryan

All League

Peter King on Ryan

I think the Jets should not fire Rex Ryan. Period. End of story. A 7-8 record with a game to go, with that team? Hardly a fireable situation. Extend Ryan one year (his contract is up at the end of next season) and push this decision off until the end of 2014. Ryan, and Jets fans, deserve that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He wants that because the Pats can consistently beat this Jets team with Rex at the helm.

Hall Of Fame
    the day we hired Idzik we basically set the direction of this franchise for the foreseeable future...it matters if we keep rex, but it matters more what we do if we dont.

Practice Squad

Even Peter King thinks firing Ryan would be a mistake.

4. I think the Jets should not fire Rex Ryan. Period. End of story. A 7-8 record with a game to go, with that team? Hardly a fireable situation. Extend Ryan one year (his contract is up at the end of next season) and push this decision off until the end of 2014. Ryan, and Jets fans, deserve that.

Hall Of Fame
    The media are overwhelmingly going to support Rex. Rex is good for the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He wants that because the Pats can consistently beat this Jets team with Rex at the helm.

The Pats also consistently beat the teams Peyton has been the QB of should Peyton retire??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Pats also consistently beat the teams Peyton has been the QB of should Peyton retire??
    Peter King just wants us to be miserable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Peter King just wants us to be miserable.
    Give the Jets Brady will the Pats still beat us consistently?? Hell this crap team beat them this season with a rookie QB..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Give the Jets Brady will the Pats still beat us consistently?? Hell this crap team beat them this season with a rookie QB..
    Eh, beating the Pats once in a 7-8 season isn't as satisfying as playing in January. I'd like to be 12-4 or 13-3 one year. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I think the Jets should not fire Rex Ryan. Period. End of story. A 7-8 record with a game to go, with that team? Hardly a fireable situation. Extend Ryan one year (his contract is up at the end of next season) and push this decision off until the end of 2014. Ryan, and Jets fans, deserve that.
    Glad to see King wrote that. Exactly how I feel. Look at the other coaches on the chopping block (Shanahan, Schwartz, etc.) and the reasons for firing them are beyond apparent. But firing Rex for this season? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Veteran
    I blamed execution by the players mostly with just a little coaching let down the last few weeks so I say Keep him for another year. Might as well keep Morningwig also, it'll give some consistency on O.
    I can't believe that I feel like this, I'm usually a "fire the dude" kinda guy. Win now, you know. But here I stand saying, "I can take it for one more year".