Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson claping and smiling at Rex's locker room speech

Banned

Woody Johnson claping and smiling at Rex's locker room speech

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...9-9000a1528e33

hmmmmmmm

Is Woody that good of an actor that he is going to fire this guys ass in a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

hmmmmmmm

Is Woody that good of an actor that he is going to fire this guys ass in a week?
    Woody is always in there and he's celebrating with the team he owns.

Dunno why people are trying to read into this. I really think Woody likes Rex, but unfortunately I think he's going to go with Idzik (who I believe planned on getting rid of Rex no matter what)

It's really smart when it comes down to it for Idzik. He basically got 1 free year by going with a coach he knew he wasn't going to keep. And with the players we have on this team, there was no chance even Jim Harbaugh could get them to the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Dunno why people are trying to read into this. I really think Woody likes Rex, but unfortunately I think he's going to go with Idzik (who I believe planned on getting rid of Rex no matter what)

It's really smart when it comes down to it for Idzik. He basically got 1 free year by going with a coach he knew he wasn't going to keep. And with the players we have on this team, there was no chance even Jim Harbaugh could get them to the playoffs.
    and he had a competent offensive staff work with geno, and i predict they'll keep MM and Lee with the next regime.

idzik scheduled an interview on wfan on feb 3, i believe the day after the super bowl. i don't think that's an accident. i think he's intent on hiring bevell and believes seattle will be in the super bowl and can't announce the hire until then.

Hall Of Fame
    At first, I only saw the guy in the brown jacket. I was like, "that's not Woody..."

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and he had a competent offensive staff work with geno, and i predict they'll keep MM and Lee with the next regime.

idzik scheduled an interview on wfan on feb 3, i believe the day after the super bowl. i don't think that's an accident. i think he's intent on hiring bevell and believes seattle will be in the super bowl and can't announce the hire until then.
    That makes no sense... If he's going to hire Bevell and it makes zero sense to stick with Marty because Bevell is going to be running the offense. If you are going to hire a coach, you let him hire is own guys or it's all a waste of time.

Veteran
    Contrary to our normal lives, Football people know their career span is limited and most likely going to come to an unceremonious end. They are able to remain friends well after the business relationship comes to an end. For example, I don't think there's a man in football who loves Andy Reid more than Jeffrey Lurie, yet he still fired him. Woody and Rex will remain friends I'm sure, as will Idzik and Rex, etc.. Rex is still in contact with Brian Schotty and they remain friends even though Rex fired him. It's a different world in the NFL. Idzik and Rex probably just have a difference of opinion on how to build a football team. It's not personal, it just is what it is. If two guys who are so intrical to the overall chemistry and construction of the team have a fundamental difference on how to build a team, they can't work constructively together. That's all it is.

In the future I expect our team to place alot more emphasis on scoring and getting turnovers on Defense, vs controlling the clock and forcing 3 and outs all the time.

Hall Of Fame
    That makes no sense... If he's going to hire Bevell and it makes zero sense to stick with Marty because Bevell is going to be running the offense. If you are going to hire a coach, you let him hire is own guys or it's all a waste of time.
    i agree it doesn't. but that's my hunch. i think idzik would prefer continuity for the qb's development. it would make no sense to throw geno into a new system next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Just my opinion, but I think one of the reasons Idzik got the job was that he was one of the very few GM candidates (Cohen probably being another) who was willing to take the job with the understanding that Ryan would stay on for the upcoming season.

Now that that has happened, I believe the decision is in Idzik's hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So let it be written so let it be done.. Pharaoh 1565 BC

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

hmmmmmmm

Yeah, but what about his body language?

Hall Of Fame
    Meh. I think you are really stretching it here. You're entitled to take from it what you want but what I saw was an owner casually celebrating a win. The smiles and claps were not demonstrative at all.

Kind of reminded me of Brutus.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i agree it doesn't. but that's my hunch. i think idzik would prefer continuity for the qb's development. it would make no sense to throw geno into a new system next year.
    This is one of the strongest arguments, imo, to keep the current coaching staff in place. We don't know what we have with Geno, yet. Why thrust him into a new system? He will already need to adjust to new personnel on offense -- wr, TE, OL. Idzik needs to put aisde his ego and realize that moving forward Rex is the best option for this franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    This is one of the strongest arguments, imo, to keep the current coaching staff in place. We don't know what we have with Geno, yet. Why thrust him into a new system? He will already need to adjust to new personnel on offense -- wr, TE, OL. Idzik needs to put aisde his ego and realize that moving forward Rex is the best option for this franchise.
    i also found it interesting, fwiw, that marv was talking about MM's plan for geno in the offseason. of course that doesn't mean he's staying. but it seems as if idzik likes the guys who are mentoring geno. you have to wonder, if idzik has reached out to one of his friends like bevell, if he'd be cool with retaining a few of these guys on his staff. of course this is purely speculation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Unless he decides to hire a new HC and keep Marty as OC. That will insure that Geno has continuity.

And I'd prefer an offensive-oriented HC. One that would work with Marty, not against him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Unless he decides to hire a new HC and keep Marty as OC. That will insure that Geno has continuity.

And I'd prefer an offensive-oriented HC. One that would work with Marty, not against him.
    No way that's like having 2 women in the Kitchen if a offensive HC is hired his OC if he has one will do it his way..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    No way that's like having 2 women in the Kitchen if a offensive HC is hired his OC if he has one will do it his way..
    the hc is likely an offensive or defensive guy, and they work with the coordinator on that side of the ball.

Why does everyone insist change must begat change? Maybe Idzik found or has an OC that likes MM? One that will fit the direction Idzik has been taking the team (maybe Idzik's directions are even based on his new HC's advice.)

I'd like to see Rex hang out for another year myself, but this is being way over analyzed.

I think that if they fire Rex they'll hire MM as the head coach. Either keep Dennis Thurman on for continuity or promote Dunbar to DC. Then Lee will be the next OC. These moves ensure comfort for the defensive personnel b/c they love Dunbar and also ensure that Geno gets to grow in this offense over the off-season with some new weapons around him. Replacing Rex with an offensive coach not currently on the coaching staff will only hurt Geno and set back his development. He'll be a rookie all over again next year.

All League

Might be even smarter to go with the guy for another year and in effect get 2 free years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    wake up white people

Rex is already gone