Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest Question

Honest Question

Let's presuppose that Rex is extended for one more season, and is given 2014 with an overall improved roster. If he were to miss the playoffs, would you be asking for Rex's head, or will you once again give him another year?

Hall Of Fame
    The board will be divided into two factions -- keep Rex and fire Rex -- just like it is now. There will be some who want him retained no matter what, and others who want him canned no matter what.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Let's presuppose that Rex is extended for one more season, and is given 2014 with an overall improved roster. If he were to miss the playoffs, would you be asking for Rex's head, or will you once again give him another year?
    No. Rex would need to be fired next year if we miss the playoffs after the offense is hopefully re-tooled in the offseason.....

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    The board will be divided into two factions -- keep Rex and fire Rex -- just like it is now. There will be some who want him retained no matter what, and others who want him canned no matter what.
    This is my fear from the fan-base, that no matter what occurs, Rex's supporters will want to give him another season.

All League
    This is my fear from the fan-base, that no matter what occurs, Rex's supporters will want to give him another season.
    they will. Anyone who supports Rex now will also support him after next season

Hall Of Fame
    This is how it's always been around here, even going back to the days of Pennington, Mangini, etc.

All League
    That's going to happen in almost every scenario with a coach or high profile player that struggles at some point. What the fans want should have about zero to do with the decision making of the Jets FO when it comes to coach and player personnel moves.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

1. I don't think Rex goes for a 1 year deal,he's earned better than that.2. He doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder all season after every game,he deserves at least 3 more years. as far as him not making it next year.You'd have to look at all the variables,injuries,heck we coulf win 10 games & lose a tie breaking scenario he shouldn't be canned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    1. I don't think Rex goes for a 1 year deal,he's earned better than that.2. He doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder all season after every game,he deserves at least 3 more years. as far as him not making it next year.You'd have to look at all the variables,injuries,heck we coulf win 10 games & lose a tie breaking scenario he shouldn't be canned for that.
    He deserves three more seasons? So in essence, you are asserting that Idzik's future is hitched with Rex. How is that fair to our new GM, who may want to move the franchise in a new direction?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    no way the buffoon gets a 3yr extension. 1 year is fair, if he balks then fire him. Playoffs would be the goal for next yr, along with improved discipline, less penalties, more consistent play, and an offense that more closely resemble an NFL offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    no way the buffoon gets a 3yr extension. 1 year is fair, if he balks then fire him. Playoffs would be the goal for next yr, along with improved discipline, less penalties, more consistent play, and an offense that more closely resemble an NFL offense.
    I am not saying I disagree with what should be expected(and not directing this at you) but those things have been the Jets main issues for 5 years, there should be no reason to expect they will change under Rex now.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

He deserves three more seasons? So in essence, you are asserting that Idzik's future is hitched with Rex. How is that fair to our new GM, who may want to move the franchise in a new direction?
    How about our new GM worry about the talent he's going to sign on the draft and our Free agents.& see ifhe can do better than Dee & Geno last year! out of Rex's first4 season's he got to 2 AFCC games thats 50% of the time he had control he got us with in 1 ,game of a SB.Rex was told who he had to draft & play this season. if our new GM isn't smart enough to see this,he should be fired.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    I am not saying I disagree with what should be expected(and not directing this at you) but those things have been the Jets main issues for 5 years, there should be no reason to expect they will change under Rex now.
    Yes, that is true. But the buffoon did have one of the fewer penalized teams in the past, so he can do it. (maybe it's the players??). We had a rookie qb this yr and suckchez still played like a rookie, plus we have no playmakers on O, that's why I'm willing to give the buffoon one more chance, assuming Geno continues to improve, and we can improve the talent on O. He has won 4 road playoff games and coached teams that beat manning and brady on the road in the playoffs.
    Last edited by barkus; 12-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.

All League
    i want Rex to stay but he has only 1 year. i'd want to see at least 10 wins next year with a revamped offense.

that being said, he probably gets fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    i want Rex to stay but he has only 1 year. i'd want to see at least 10 wins next year with a revamped offense.

that being said, he probably gets fired.
    10 wins,how many times has this org.had 10 wins in the past 20 years 2 maybe 3 times.but if you give he 13 draft picks & ,40 million in cap space i'll bet we get back to that AGCCgame quicker then rebuilding here again.

All Pro
    I sense that Rex is staying for another year. I do hope that Idzak keeps Rex out of the draft room. The guy is horrible at player evaluation.

All Pro
    So the question is what happens if rex misses the playoffs for the 4th year in a row?

Seriously?

All Pro
    I dont see how he could survive another year out of the playoffs. Then again, Rah Rah and *hitman will certainly come up with a host of reasons.

Veteran
    There would surely be a litany of excuses , if only we had a better TE or give Rex a stud safety and then he'll get us there etc......

All League
    It all comes down to what type of rebuild Woody and Idzik have in mind.

If they are trying to make it a quick fix, then keep Rex, bring in a veteran QB like McCown, Henne, or Matt Moore so Rex can make a run with his defensive philosophy.

If Idzik is interested in building something that will be consistently good, meaning building through the draft, smart free agents, etc., then he needs to fire Rex.