Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex benefiting from the low expectations he created.

Banned

Rex benefiting from the low expectations he created.

Rex did such an atrocious job after his first 2 years with Mangini's players that "everyone" predicted they would win no more than 4 games. Why should Rex be cheered for winning 7 when he was directly responsible for the decline in the first place? Rex shouldn't be fired for this year he should be fired for taking a good Mangini team and making them worse. Don't tell me Rex wasn't responsible for the insane emphasis on first round defensive players and disregard for offensive talent. Rex fell in LOVE with the Sanchize. He is why we had to live with Sanchez for 4 years. He is the reason why Sporano was hired because as he said the both shared the same philosophy. He is why the jets always revert to a ground and pound philosophy after just a little bit of adversity. Three straight year with no playoffs the longest drought since the 90's and he has the majority of the fan support? Why because he won 7 games with a bad team that he was immensely responsible for creating?

All League
    Because the players love him and keeping the Geno/MM combo on offense in tact with a much needed upgrade of weapons is in the best interest for this franchise going forward

Rex has proven he can win with defense alone and I really feel like our future is bright overall with him at the helm

Starting over AGAIN is not the answer

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Rex did such an atrocious job after his first 2 years with Mangini's players that "everyone" predicted they would win no more than 4 games. Why should Rex be cheered for winning 7 when he was directly responsible for the decline in the first place? Rex shouldn't be fired for this year he should be fired for taking a good Mangini team and making them worse. Don't tell me Rex wasn't responsible for the insane emphasis on first round defensive players and disregard for offensive talent. Rex fell in LOVE with the Sanchize. He is why we had to live with Sanchez for 4 years. He is the reason why Sporano was hired because as he said the both shared the same philosophy. He is why the jets always revert to a ground and pound philosophy after just a little bit of adversity. Three straight year with no playoffs the longest drought since the 90's and he has the majority of the fan support? Why because he won 7 games with a bad team that he was immensely responsible for creating?
    It all makes sense now. Rex is the reason we were/are in cap hell. Rex is the reason we don't have any skill players. Rex is the reason we let any decent offensive player leave after the '10 season. Man, I am so glad you started another thread to say basically the same thing that has be regurgitated the last 2 days.

We get it, you hate Rex.

I love posters like this! Tannenbaum was the GM not Mangini. Even with your misguided notion of Mangini players, some solid contributors Rex won with that weren't Mangini era players: Sanchez, Cromartie, LT, Edwards, Holmes, Leonard, Scott, Greene, Jason Taylor and Richardson. There probably were more but this is just a quick list. NONE OF THESE GUYS WERE MANGINI GUYS. This is also an idiotic Francesa point. Francesa is so clueless he credits Cromartie with Mangini.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 12-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    It kind of reminds me of Belichick in recent years when his drafts were bad. And they were. Yet he still won games. He overachieved with his lack of drafting talent. Rex has done the same this year. Does it mean he should be fired? We don't know the level of input Rex had in that draft room. No one has talked about it. The evidence is circumstantial

All Pro
    You suck

Don't tell me Rex wasn't responsible for the insane emphasis on first round defensive players and disregard for offensive talent. Rex fell in LOVE with the Sanchize.
    Contradiction much?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You suck

Contradiction much?
    Yep. Not the best choice of word structure Magnus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You suck

Contradiction much?
    HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD I SAID OFFENSIVE TALENT!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And who were the QB's from 1998-2008?? Vinny,Chad and Favre.. Rex would have loved to have anyone of them..

Hall Of Fame
    HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD I SAID OFFENSIVE TALENT!!!!
    But are you implying it as an adjective or a noun?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I love posters like this! Tannenbaum was the GM not Mangini. Even with your misguided notion of Mangini players, some solid contributors Rex won with that weren't Mangini era players: Sanchez, Cromartie, LT, Edwards, Holmes, Leonard, Scott, Greene, Jason Taylor and Richardson. There probably were more but this is just a quick list. NONE OF THESE GUYS WERE MANGINI GUYS. This is also an idiotic Francesa point. Francesa is so clueless he credits Cromartie with Mangini.
    So then for all this greatness, why did we let Tannenbaum go? Did Rex get all these solid players? Or is it Rex only gets them when they're good players, otherwise they're Tanny picks and FA pickups? I'm curious. Look Rex could stay or go, I'm fine with either. But let's not sit there saying he had nothing to do with the personnel on this team, and the fact we are atrociously deficient on Offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    So then for all this greatness, why did we let Tannenbaum go? Did Rex get all these solid players? Or is it Rex only gets them when they're good players, otherwise they're Tanny picks and FA pickups? I'm curious. Look Rex could stay or go, I'm fine with either. But let's not sit there saying he had nothing to do with the personnel on this team, and the fact we are atrociously deficient on Offense.
    You're right, but the key is HOW MUCH. Did he simple make suggestions? Did he give the go ahead for Tanny to draft people? We don't know

Banned
    Direct quotes from Rexidiot

"I believe in Mark Sanchez"
    "Sanchez will be the QB as long as I'm here"
    "Sporano has the same philosophy as me we are a great match"
    "Ground and pound is the way to win games"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Because the players love him and keeping the Geno/MM combo on offense in tact with a much needed upgrade of weapons is in the best interest for this franchise going forward

Rex has proven he can win with defense alone and I really feel like our future is bright overall with him at the helm

Starting over AGAIN is not the answer

Really win what 7-8 games , a snoopy bowl title, in what world is that good enough ??

Hall Of Fame
    He can win on defense alone? I find that hard to believe since he HASN'T for the past 3 years. There is nothing remarkable at all about this team and we should keep the guy who runs the damn thing? Ah. You know, if I was in charge of a product and routinely yielded mediocre results, I wouldn't be in charge of that product very long - much less half a damn decade and, if some of our fans had their way, still counting.

Should Rex be fired? Not on this year alone, no. You can make the argument that he overachieved with this group and use it as a reason for him to stay...and you wouldn't be wrong. But, we must also realize that their are also legitimate arguments for CANNING Rex as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Really win what 7-8 games , a snoopy bowl title, in what world is that good enough ??
    In a world when the Jets are picked to be THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL.

Why don't people understand this? You can't look at a season in a vacuum

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And who were the QB's from 1998-2008?? Vinny,Chad and Favre.. Rex would have loved to have anyone of them..
    Why so he could have them hand off to Shonn F'in Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Where did I attack Tannenbaum? I merely pointing out that key players were picked up after Mangini left. As a matter of fact my point was that Tannenbaum was the GM.

Direct quotes from Rexidiot

"I believe in Mark Sanchez"
    "Sanchez will be the QB as long as I'm here"
    "Sporano has the same philosophy as me we are a great match"
    "Ground and pound is the way to win games"
    Name a coach who hasn't made a bad hire, or made personnel mistakes?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In a world when the Jets are picked to be THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL.
    Who gives a **** what some analyst says? I mean, that is just the worst ****ing excuse I have ever heard in my life. Maybe one day I will run for president and my campaign will just be about how I'm gonna be the worst president of all time. That way, if I somehow win the job and yield at least mediocre results, I'm sure to get re-elected because I can just say "I EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS, DOE!".