Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex is not a GM

Waterboy

Rex is not a GM

Im not for or against keeping Rex but every thread on this board accuses Rex of hand picking players and ruining this team but it's the GM's job to pick the right players regardless of a coach's input. If I tell my boss I need 5 hour lunch breaks and he let's me who is wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by om3n View Post
    Im not for or against keeping Rex but every thread on this board accuses Rex of hand picking players and ruining this team but it's the GM's job to pick the right players regardless of a coach's input. If I tell my boss I need 5 hour lunch breaks and he let's me who is wrong?
    You for starting another Rex thread..

All League
    Good news is, that this will be over one way or another next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Good news is, that this will be over one way or another next Monday.
    Not necessarily, if he is given a one year extension, then we are going through this all over again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You for starting another Rex thread..
    Maybe the kid doesn't know how to reply to 1 of the 100 others ? It's only his 5th post he's learning the ropes but seriously, mods need to do some heavy merging, after Christmas..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Not necessarily, if he is given a one year extension, then we are going through this all over again next season.
    True.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree they either go all in or fire him next Monday..To be fair he should have been gone with Tanny if they wanted to do it right.. I like Rex and would have liked to see him with a good QB but it was not to be..

I agree they either go all in or fire him next Monday..To be fair he should have been gone with Tanny if they wanted to do it right.. I like Rex and would have liked to see him with a good QB but it was not to be..
    And here is the key, I highly doubt Idzik is willing to hitch his future with a coach he had no input on hiring. It's logical to assume that Rex's tenure is reaching it's end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And here is the key, I highly doubt Idzik is willing to hitch his future with a coach he had no input on hiring. It's logical to assume that Rex's tenure is reaching it's end.
    Rex going around the stadium shaking hands with the fans seemed to be saying just that..

Rex going around the stadium shaking hands with the fans seemed to be saying just that..
    Eh, I think that was more so just thanking the fans for their support all season. I believe people are reading too much into that, just like individuals reading into Woody clapping in the lockeroom, when he is there every game.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I don't think he puts himself through this again.I thinkhe takes a 3 year ext. min. or he lets JI fote him.Then we'll see how much of a players coach he is,if someone like Wilkerson decides to playout his last year & signs with whoever Rex goes with.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I don't think he puts himself through this again.I thinkhe takes a 3 year ext. min. or he lets JI fote him.Then we'll see how much of a players coach he is,if someone like Wilkerson decides to playout his last year & signs with whoever Rex goes with.
    I just don't see Idzik hitching his future to Rex. Giving someone a three year extension, is something I simply cannot see Idzik doing, hence why I believe he will be let go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Eh, I think that was more so just thanking the fans for their support all season. I believe people are reading too much into that, just like individuals reading into Woody clapping in the lockeroom, when he is there every game.
    I'm sure a season ticket holder is the one to ask if that's something Rex did every year.. I agree Woody is always in the locker room after games..

You are correct.

I'm sure a season ticket holder is the one to ask if that's something Rex did every year.. I agree Woody is always in the locker room after games..
    I don't think Rex has done that before, but I cannot confirm.

Banned
    Tannenbaum is an accountant who relied heavily on Rex to form the team. Are you trying to tell me it was Tannenbaum who decided to sign Bart Scot and Jim Leonard with no input from Rex? Tannenbaum was the facilitator of Rex who managed to gut a talented team into the mess it is now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Tannenbaum is an accountant who relied heavily on Rex to form the team. Are you trying to tell me it was Tannenbaum who decided to sign Bart Scot and Jim Leonard with no input from Rex? Tannenbaum was the facilitator of Rex who managed to gut a talented team into the mess it is now.
    Your still mad the Jets let this guy go..

All Pro
    lol apparently you just started watching the jets because your right he is not a GM in title but your crazy if you don't think rex told tanny who to get.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    sigworthy...............

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    lol apparently you just started watching the jets because your right he is not a GM in title but your crazy if you don't think rex told tanny who to get.
    Did Rex tell Idzik to take Milliner and Richardson this year??