Thread: Should the team have taken these last two weeks to see what Rex is worth?

Should the team have taken these last two weeks to see what Rex is worth?

The problem we have evaluating Rex Ryan is the difficulty separating player talent/injuries from Rex's coaching. It's too late now, of course, but I wonder if Idzik & Woody could have performed an experiment these last two weeks to find out. Suspend Ryan (with pay), bar him from the facilities or from having contact with any player, and put one of the coordinators in as acting head coach. This would have had to be done before any game planning, obviously. If the team slid, we'd have known Ryan was making a positive difference. If not, we could have fired him.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Starting a lil early?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Starting a lil early?
    Actually yeah, but I'm serious. Think about it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Actually yeah, but I'm serious. Think about it.
    I thought today was X-mas Eve, apparently it is stupid day!

Practice Squad
    The problem we have evaluating Rex Ryan is the difficulty separating player talent/injuries from Rex's coaching. It's too late now, of course, but I wonder if Idzik & Woody could have performed an experiment these last two weeks to find out. Suspend Ryan (with pay), bar him from the facilities or from having contact with any player, and put one of the coordinators in as acting head coach. This would have had to be done before any game planning, obviously. If the team slid, we'd have known Ryan was making a positive difference. If not, we could have fired him.
    And if the determination was, he was making a positive difference, why would he come back if you asked him to?

All Pro
    Does JI do an annual year-end contest for worst post of the year? If not, they should. This is my vote. The one where we were asked not to post about the game till the OP had had a chance to watch the replay is a strong contender as well but that had great amusement value.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-24-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Veteran
    You could be the dumbest of the dumb. Keep trying

All Pro
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

After five years you're going to base whether to keep Rex on two meaningless games?

Hall Of Fame
    Put down the eggnog.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    And if the determination was, he was making a positive difference, why would he come back if you asked him to?
    Because he's under contract and he wants to coach somewhere. But this would also have the benefit of lighting a fire under him. We know that Rex responds best to pressure, he'd come back ready to punch the NFL in the mouth next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The one where we were asked not to post about the game till the OP had had a chance to watch the replay...
    Wait, why couldn't he just not check the board until he watched the replay? Are you freaking kidding even comparing my post with that. Think it through! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Rex got fired? or are you going with reporters who say they've heard from their inside sources. Reporters are so full of **** and make up half of their stuff. but some reason they get to keep their credibility and persuade really naive people who don't know anything about football.

Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    Rex got fired? or are you going with reporters who say they've heard from their inside sources. Reporters are so full of **** and make up half of their stuff. but some reason they get to keep their credibility and persuade really naive people who don't know anything about football.
    What?

Hall Of Fame
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-24-2013 at 10:32 PM.

What?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    ???
    I think I get you... no, it's not too late because Rex got fired (nor do I think he should be), it's too late because there aren't two weeks left in the season. We could have done something bold.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

When do we find out officially.Is Black Mon. the.Monday after the reg. season ends or the day after the SB.?

Black Monday is the day after the regular season ends.