Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: could the jets draft recievers in the first two rounds?

Veteran

could the jets draft recievers in the first two rounds?

it might not seem plausible for the jets to draft two recievers back to back.but looking at the current roster.I would think that it would make sense.if the jets think that smith is the answer at q.b.then by all means give him the weapons to work with.looking at the better q.b.s. in the n.f.l. they all have super stars at wide receiver.lets hear it from my fellow jet fans.

All League
    With their track record. They should draft the total opposite of what they think will work.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    With their track record. They should draft the total opposite of what they think will work.
    We should have hired George Costanza as our GM!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    it might not seem plausible for the jets to draft two recievers back to back.but looking at the current roster.I would think that it would make sense.if the jets think that smith is the answer at q.b.then by all means give him the weapons to work with.looking at the better q.b.s. in the n.f.l. they all have super stars at wide receiver.lets hear it from my fellow jet fans.
    They did it in 1996 and in 1965 we drafted QB's in round 1 and 2..

All Pro
    The Jets need a dependable, veteren reciever with size to be a redzone target for whatever young qb comes in here. Thats eric decker.

So i say only 1 reciever will get picked with the 1st 2 picks.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 12-24-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Jets need a dependable, veteren reciever with size to be a redzone target for whatever young qb comes in here. Thats eric decker.

So i say only 1 reciever will get picked with the 1st 2 picks.
    Joe you may want to look for another Sig goal?? The #1 goal for the 2013 season is to secure the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. The franchise qb we have been waiting for is almost here. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Banned
    Offensive line needs to be built before anything else.

Hall Of Fame
    Sign a veteran WR (Decker, Nicks, Tate) and draft two WRs in the first three rounds.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Joe you may want to look for another Sig goal?? The #1 goal for the 2013 season is to secure the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. The franchise qb we have been waiting for is almost here. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Yup. As usual, the jets couldnt achieve the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Sign a veteran WR (Decker, Nicks, Tate) and draft two WRs in the first three rounds.
    If you think Mike Evans is Plaxico Burress and Marqise Lee is Antonio Brown or Victor Cruz, who do you take?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    If you think Mike Evans is Plaxico Burress and Marqise Lee is Antonio Brown or Victor Cruz, who do you take?
    I believe Evans' ceiling is higher than Lee's. My hope is the Jets luck into (or even trade up for) Sammy Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I believe Evans' ceiling is higher than Lee's. My hope is the Jets luck into (or even trade up for) Sammy Watkins.
    I don't think the Jets will get Sammy Watkins. I like the bigger, more physical receiver when you're playing in December and January. He's open, even when he isn't open.

I do think Lee is a pretty safe pick, though. I don't think he'll be elite, but he sort of reminds me of guys like Holmes, Cruz, Brown.

Veteran
    If we are going to take a second receiver in the draft Brandin Cooks from OSU would be a good choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I don't think the Jets will get Sammy Watkins. I like the bigger, more physical receiver when you're playing in December and January. He's open, even when he isn't open.

I do think Lee is a pretty safe pick, though. I don't think he'll be elite, but he sort of reminds me of guys like Holmes, Cruz, Brown.
    That sounds like a Jimmy Graham type of TE..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That sounds like a Jimmy Graham type of TE..
    Saints aren't letting him go. That guy and Gronk are rare creatures.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Going with Idzik's BPA approach, we'll go offensive line in the first round and everyone will lose their minds.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yup. As usual, the jets couldnt achieve the goal.
    You deserve to be tarred and feathered.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing WR & TE with the first two picks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't want to force a position at our spot. If we're drafting 15 (for example), and the WR we pick is ranked somewhere around 29, then I'd say it's a bad pick. Draft BPA, within a few spots. If we draft a player at 15, and he's ranked 18, fine.

Regardless of how the 2013 draft ended up, the strategy was great, and it actually turned out a bunch of players that have some promise. Do that again for the next 2 years, and the Jets will be a force.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing WR & TE with the first two picks.
    That's how I could see things shaking out. They may only have room for two new WRs next year and I expect one to be a veteran signing. TE is also a big need.