Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I could see Woody selling

Hall Of Fame

I could see Woody selling

If Rex and Idzik both resign and Woody can't land Garrett or Shanahan to coach the team maybe he just decides to give it all up.

All League
    Fine with me....move the team back to Queens with a new owner, where they belong.

Veteran
    My God, little too much of the egg nog last night.

This idea is so far out in left field that I'm not sure there is a left field for it to come from, not one baseless notion, but three.

Unless I am missing something, and please forgive me if I am, not one of these scenarios is in the cards unless something drastically changes, and I mean drastically. The only one that may walk is Rex, and that is only if Idzik and Woody say to him "leave with this or we fire you".

Hall Of Fame
    I'd go so far as to say he'd sell and then go off to a Tibetan monastery for the rest of his life.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Rex and Idzik both resign and Woody can't land Garrett or Shanahan to coach the team maybe he just decides to give it all up.
    He needs the Jets for tax purposes, a capital loss.

All Pro
    Yeah...then maybe James Dolan could buy the team so we can get out of purgatory and take a one way trip to Hell!!!

Banned
    Woody doesnt need money. he bought the Jets so he wouldnt be just another rich guy. he wants to be like George Steinbrenner and Jerry Jones REALLY BAD. he will never sell the team.

Practice Squad
    He's not in left field. he's in the parking lot. Extreme mental masturbation.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    Woody doesnt need money. he bought the Jets so he wouldnt be just another rich guy. he wants to be like George Steinbrenner and Jerry Jones REALLY BAD. he will never sell the team.
    We should be so lucky he sells,but unfortunately I think you are right & Woody is this generations Al Davis. & the JETS are this rich boys Madden game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Then I say we all pool our money together and buy the team. Seriously, like 1000 investors, and we vote on a chairman. Just like the Packers.

Banned
    You guys want James Dolan as the owner?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Then I say we all pool our money together and buy the team. Seriously, like 1000 investors, and we vote on a chairman. Just like the Packers.
    I pledge $100k to the fund.

Rookie
    Not happening, trust me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You better break open your piggy bank here's what they were worth in 2010.. The team value of the NY Jets is $1.1 billion. The New York Jets are owned by Robert Wood Johnson IV, who bought them in 2000 for $635 mil. - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-m....fCDjxyLb.dpuf

why is everyone here so retarded. it's been getting worse and worse. Why do so many people believe Rex is for sure to get fired and that Idzik wants to replace him with coaches who have done less with more. STFU people

All League

Now that would be a true Christmas miracle! Make it so, Santa...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    why is everyone here so retarded. it's been getting worse and worse. Why do so many people believe Rex is for sure to get fired and that Idzik wants to replace him with coaches who have done less with more. STFU people
    You need a hug, Little buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    You need a hug, Little buddy?
    I assume you'd want to replace REx with another coach that got fired?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Spackler would like to see Kotite get another shot..

Banned
    What has Rex done the last 3 years that makes you want to keep him? they collapsed and got ass fisted by the Giants and he lost the team in 2011 (and that was way worse than what happened with Mangini in 2008).

What exactly has he done the last 3 years? do you like mediocrity? OH YEAH! 8-8 and 8-8 and 6-10! woo hoo! yeah! Im not, I want a ****ing super bowl.