Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Order as of Week 16 - A win at the Dolphins could be costly!

Draft Order as of Week 16 - A win at the Dolphins could be costly!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-all-32-teams

With the NFL regular season a week from completion, here's a look at the draft order if the season ended today, with the top three draft needs for each team. The order of the teams is determined by record (using strength of schedule as a the first tie breaker and alphabetical order as a second tiebreaker) and does not include projections about playoff outcomes. Teams 21-32 would make the playoffs if the season ended today. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, then a coin toss will determine the order.

1. Houston Texans
    Record: 2-13
    Team needs: QB, OT, safety
    Analysis: I'm not convinced Case Keenum is the long-term answer at the QB position. I would be very surprised if they passed on the top signal-caller in this draft.

2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)
    Record: 3-12
    Team needs: OL, WR, safety
    Analysis: The Rams -- who own this pick due to the trade made by the Redskins so they could select Robert Griffin III in the 2012 NFL Draft -- need to upgrade the offensive line and this is shaping up to be a strong offensive line class. They have drafted several wide receivers in the last few years, but they still need a true No. 1 wide receiver. Tavon Austin has a bright future in the slot, but they still need a go-to-guy on the outside.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars
    Record: 4-11
    Team needs: QB, DE, OT
    Analysis: Jacksonville is another team that should be in the quarterback market. However, if they fall in love with a pass rusher, they could nab a quarterback at the top of the second round.

4. Oakland Raiders
    Team needs: QB, WR, OT
    Analysis: The Raiders are another team that is unsettled at the quarterback position. They could also use a legitimate No. 1 wide receiver and some help up front on both sides of the ball.

5. Cleveland Browns
    Team needs: QB, RB, OG
    Analysis: I will be very surprised if this selection is anything other than a quarterback. The Browns are loaded with extra picks in this draft, and they could package a few of them to move up for a QB.

6. Atlanta Falcons
    Team needs: DE, OL, TE
    Analysis: Atlanta is desperate for an outside edge rusher to plug into its defense. An offensive tackle like Jake Matthews would also make a lot of sense.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Needs: DE, TE, OT
    Analysis: Tampa's defense is loaded up the middle, but it could use a dominant edge rusher. An offensive tackle like Michigan's Taylor Lewan would also fill a need.

8. Minnesota Vikings
    Record: 4-10-1
    Team needs: QB, DE, OG
    Analysis: The Vikings are very unsettled at the quarterback position, and I could see them going in that direction if they secure a top-five pick in this draft.

9. Buffalo Bills
    Record: 6-9
    Team needs: OT, safety, DE
    Analysis: The Bills could use another offensive tackle as well as some youth at defensive end. Buffalo linebacker/pass rusher Khalil Mack would be a very popular pick, and his versatility would give defensive coordinator Mike Pettine a lot of flexibility.

10. Tennessee Titans
    Team needs: Safety, DE, QB
    Analysis: The Titans have a very fast, aggressive defense but they could use a more athletic, cover safety as well as another edge rusher. Jake Locker's inability to stay healthy could also factor into the decision to add another QB to the mix.

11. New York Giants
    Needs: LB, CB, interior OL
    Analysis: Jon Beason has been fantastic since his arrival from Carolina, but there is still a need at the other linebacker spots. They are also in need of some more speed and athleticism in the secondary.

Hot 100 seniors
    In his midseason update of the top 100 seniors in college football, Gil Brandt has UCLA LB Anthony Barr No. 1 and a previously unranked player in his top 5. More ...

12. Detroit Lions
    Record: 7-8
    Team needs: CB, WR, safety
    Analysis:The Lions need to address the cornerback position and it might be smart to draft more than one in the early rounds. If they decide to pass on a cornerback in the first round, finding a receiver to take some heat off Calvin Johnson would make a lot of sense.

13. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Needs: OT, safety, CB
    Analysis: The Steelers have missed on a few offensive linemen in the past few drafts, and they need to upgrade the offensive tackle position. The secondary is one of the oldest in the NFL, and they could easily go in that direction with this pick.

14. New York Jets
    Team needs: WR, OG, CB
    Analysis: The Jets have a talented defense, but they need a lot of work on the offensive side of the ball. If Geno Smith's play doesn't improve, I wouldn't be shocked if they jumped back into the quarterback market this spring.

15. St. Louis Rams
    Team needs: OL, WR, safety
    Analysis: If the Rams secure an offensive lineman with their top selection, they could look in several different directions. They could upgrade the secondary, add another receiving weapon for Sam Bradford or supplement the pass rush with another defensive lineman.

16. Green Bay Packers
    Record: 7-7-1
    Team needs: TE, CB, LB
    Analysis: This draft is shaping up to be very deep at the cornerback position and the Packers could go in that direction or possibly land Jermichael Finley's replacement.

17. Baltimore Ravens
    Record: 8-7
    Team needs: WR, OT, CB
    Analysis: Baltimore's offense hasn't looked the same without Anquan Boldin. They also haven't played that well in the secondary during the 2013 season. Ozzie Newsome will always take the best available player, but it would be tough to pass on a talented wideout to complement Torrey Smith.

18. Dallas Cowboys
    Needs: DE, CB, safety
    Analysis: George Selvie has done a nice job this year but the Cowboys could use some more depth at defensive end. The safety position has been an issue for the past few years and it wouldn't be a surprise if they decided to address that problem with their first-round pick.

19. San Diego Chargers
    Team needs: CB, OG, OLB
    Analysis: The Chargers' offensive line has played much better this season, but they could still use an upgrade along the interior. They have spent a lot of picks on pass rushers over the last decade, but they're still in the market for a difference-maker on the outside.

20. Arizona Cardinals
    Record: 9-5
    Team needs: OT, CB, OLB
    Analysis: The Cardinals are playing much better up front this season but they still need an upgrade at offensive tackle. They are loaded at inside linebacker but they could use an edge rusher to complement Calais Campbell. John Abraham is playing well this year but he's 35 years old.

Playoff teams: If the season ended today

The playoff picture
    How would your team's prospects look if the season ended today? See where each team stands in the playoff picture midway through the season. More ...

21. Chicago Bears
    Team needs: DL, Safety, Interior OL
    Analysis: The Bears' defensive line has been ravaged by injuries this season and they need to add some youth to the position. Finding an upgrade at the safety position should also be a focal point in this draft.

22. Miami Dolphins
    Needs: OT, OG, RB
    Analysis: The Dolphins offensive line has been the story both on and off the field. They need to upgrade both the OT and OG spots and they also need to find a three-down running back.

Underclassmen tracker
    NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking reports of the intentions of college football underclassmen in anticipation for the 2014 NFL Draft. More ...

23. Philadelphia Eagles
    Record: 9-6
    Team needs: OLB, Safety, CB
    Analysis: The Eagles are in good shape on the offensive side of the ball, although adding a receiver might be an option. I think they'll be more inclined to add a dynamic defensive player.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
    Record: 10-5
    Team needs: CB, OLB, Safety
    Analysis: The Bengals have a very talented roster but they could use more depth at the cornerback position. Also, a playmaking safety would be a nice addition.

25. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)
    Team needs: QB, RB, OG
    Analysis: Joe Banner and Michael Lombardi should be able to address the running back position later in the draft. This would be a good spot to upgrade the interior of the offensive line or possibly draft an explosive wide reciever to pair with Josh Gordon.

26. New Orleans Saints
    Needs: OT, OLB, CB
    Analysis: The Saints' offensive line is very solid on the interior but they could upgrade the tackle position. With all of the young, talented quarterbacks in the NFC, you can never have enough cornerbacks.

27. Kansas City Chiefs
    Record: 11-4
    Team needs: WR, DL, ILB
    Analysis: Andy Reid would love to add a field-stretcher in the passing game. Also, adding a stud to play next to Derrick Johnson would make this front seven even nastier.

28. New England Patriots
    Team needs: Interior OL, DL, CB
    Analysis: Protecting Tom Brady needs to be the first priority and they also need to add some more youth and athleticism to their defensive line.

29. San Francisco 49ers
    Team needs: WR, DL, CB
    Analysis: The 49ers have two excellent possession wide receivers (Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree) but they could use an explosive, stretch-the-field playmaker at the position. Justin Smith continues to play at a high level but he can't play forever.

30. Carolina Panthers
    Team needs: WR, CB, Safety
    Analysis: The Panthers need to continue to build around Cam Newton and nabbing an explosive pass catcher with this pick would make their franchise quarterback happy.

31. Denver Broncos
    Record: 12-3
    Team needs: OT, CB, DL
    Analysis: Protecting Peyton Manning and adding depth to the cornerback position should both be high priorities in the upcoming draft.

32. Seattle Seahawks
    Record: 12-3
    Team needs: WR, CB, TE
    Analysis: Cornerback seemed like a silly proposition a few weeks ago, but now it is an area of need. Brandon Browner has likely played his last game as a Seahawk. A big-time tight end would be a perfect fit for Russell Wilson and a true No. 1 wideout would also make sense.

Indianapolis Colts (traded to Cleveland Browns)
    Team needs: Interior OL, WR, LB
    Analysis: Upgrading the offensive line is the No. 1 priority. There should be plenty of quality interior linemen available in the middle rounds.

Washington Redskins (traded to St. Louis Rams)
    Record: 3-12
    Team needs: DL, safety, interior OL
    Analysis: The Redskins could use help across the board on defense and the offensive line also needs to be upgraded.

If you look at the standings the Jets currently sit in position for the 14th pick. A win this week at the Dolphins could potentially drop them to the 22 spot. conversely a loss this week and some help from teams below could push us up to the 9 spot. With glaring needs at WR and QB every spot up in this draft will help. I'm never an advocate of rooting for a Jets loss but in this case I won't be that upset if they lose.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Head to head means nothing. It's based on strength of schedule - that's the tiebreaker for same record.

Rookie
    When did GB move Finley to CB?

edit: I need to learn how to read.
    Last edited by Led Halen; 12-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.

There's probably going to be 5-6 QBs taken in the first round this year we will be fine regardless of draft position.

It only hurts if we miss out on the 3 consensus top WR prospects (Watkins, Evans, Lee), although we can certainly address the position in FA too. I think if that happened, we would consider TE with our first round pick. Ebron and/or Amaro are probably good value for a pick in the late teens, and both could significantly help this offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

So many teams need a QB, must be nice to not be in that position.

Practice Squad
    Here is a nice Website that breaks down Draft order with SOS...

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

All Pro
    You never know who will be available where. I'd rather win and knock the Fish out of the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Here is a nice Website that breaks down Draft order with SOS...

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html
    I was just going to reference that. According to that site, we could technically pick anywhere from 9 to 21. It's most likely we're @ 10-12 if we lose or 16-17 if we win.

Hall Of Fame
    Ending Miami's playoff bid would be worth it. I utterly despise that franchise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be).

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It only hurts if we miss out on the 3 consensus top WR prospects (Watkins, Evans, Lee), although we can certainly address the position in FA too. I think if that happened, we would consider TE with our first round pick. Ebron and/or Amaro are probably good value for a pick in the late teens, and both could significantly help this offense.
    I don't think Geno has shown anything that would make me thing he is the answer at QB. For me the QB position is the priority in this and every draft until we get it right.

Veteran
    Just knocking the fins out of playoffs is almost as good as making the playoffs and losing in the first round. That's how much I hate the dolphins and most of their fans. I will never hope to lose to them!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I don't think Geno has shown anything that would make me thing he is the answer at QB. For me the QB position is the priority in this and every draft until we get it right.
    There is no way this team drafts a QB in the first round of next year's draft. Even if we wanted to (which is unlikely), the top 4 guys on the board at that position will almost certainly be gone by the time we pick.

All Pro
    id rather win and knock the electric teal dildo fish out of the playoffs. we can get a QB at 22

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    There is no way this team drafts a QB in the first round of next year's draft. Even if we wanted to (which is unlikely), the top 4 guys on the board at that position will almost certainly be gone by the time we pick.
    If we like someone we should trade up. Plain and simple. St Louis is not likely to be drafting a QB and their pick is probably up for grabs as is Atlanta's pick. If there's someone that our scouts love we should make it happen. Look at this franchise. Our QB play has been awful forever. This is a QB driven league and without a solid QB we will never have consistent success. We can find a WR or two and a TE in the middle rounds and or FA.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't care about that sh*t at this point.

Ending Miami's playoff hopes would be a lot sweeter than moving up 2-3 spots in the draft.

Also, no damn way we'd drop all the way to #22 with a win.

Hall Of Fame
    I think one of the tackles are going to fall into our lap and if we dont take them I will be pissed. A lot of teams ahead of us might be taking the WRs.

We can't drop to the 22nd pick. By virtue of being out of the playoffs, we're guaranteed to be in the top 20.

Veteran
    Dolphins won't be winning any playoffs games regardless.
    Tank now, reap the benefits then destroy them next season. Twice.

Payback is a Fish.