Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rehire Mangini?

Rehire Mangini?

People keep telling me this guy is the greatest talent evaluator since Jesus Christ. He did an amazing job here and in Cleveland and had a one of the all-time great defenses in New England where he helped Bill Belichick tape other teams signals and pre-game walkthroughs. Incapable of making a bad draft choice. Should we fire loudmouth Rex and bring Bill Belichick 2.0?

I like mangini, but "Incapable of making a bad draft choice"? Not going to get you far. Good luck with this!
    (i must be tone deaf to sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by simmster View Post
    I like mangini, but "Incapable of making a bad draft choice"? Not going to get you far. Good luck with this!
    Mangini is the greatet drafter in the history of sports. The man singlehandedly gave us the boar-hunter in the 3rd round of a deep draft class.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Mangini is the greatet drafter in the history of sports. The man singlehandedly gave us the boar-hunter in the 3rd round of a deep draft class.
    As a talent evaluator, he would be great. Personally I don't pick the Gholston pick squarely on him.
    But I don't want him as a head coach.

Banned
    He left the team in a better position than he started. Rex?

Banned
    If Idzik fires Rex Dan Quinn will be the next head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    This isn't a Rex thread. This is a Mangini thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sure, I'm sure he'll just take the job when the Jets hire him. He gets no say whatsoever. Just re-hire him.

Let's re-hire Weeb Ewbank as well. The first Zombie coach. Breaking grounds here.

Rookie
    DUMP

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    People keep telling me this guy is the greatest talent evaluator since Jesus Christ. He did an amazing job here and in Cleveland and had a one of the all-time great defenses in New England where he helped Bill Belichick tape other teams signals and pre-game walkthroughs. Incapable of making a bad draft choice. Should we fire loudmouth Rex and bring Bill Belichick 2.0?
    Your sarcasm aside.
    As big of a Mangini fan as a I am, I still think he needs another year or two before he is ready. Taking that Offensive Consultant Job with the 49ers was great. From what I have read the 49ers coaching staff love him and his ability to break down film and game plan. The guy has been very involved with game planning and works like an animal. I think he needs another year or 2 as a Coordinator before he should take another HC job.

That said, if you asked me, Keep Rex or Hire Mangini, I would take Mangini on any given day. Smarts>>>>Cheerleader

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Bring back Herm too.

In all seriousness, if you believe Fatty then Mangini had a bad relationship with Woody at the end. Not going to happen. But I think Mangini does have a chance to be a HC again in the league. His personality underwent a transformation at ESPN. The only way you can act like Belichick is if you have 3 rings and Tom Brady. That schtick doesn't fly in 2013. I think Mangini realizes that now.

Veteran
    Its actually funny that Mangini is following a similar path to BB, not necessarily teams, but how the career goes down, now all he needs is to follow BB to the jets and work as a DC for a year and take over the Jets and actually stay.

I think Rex needs to follow this path as well. I think Rex has the potential to be a great coach, one of the best, but he needs to come down and sit back and re-look at the big picture behind another great HC again.

The question is though, will Rex and Mangini ever coach under a HC good enough to allow them to get them to the next level, and I am not talking just basic solid good coach level, stardom level, BB, Parcels level.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    These threads are a f ucking joke.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    These threads are a f ucking joke.
    Actually, they are not. Your response is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    How so? Do you really think he would come back here after ownership railroaded him with Brett Favre?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Maybe we should bring back Bruce Coslet?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    When will the clueless get that GMs bring in the talent? And situations are always different. ReX and Mangini started with different rosters

All League
    Consider Mangini as Rex's Defensive coordinator, different styles could create outstanding chemistry and maybe a better defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Actually, they are not. Your response is.
    Only a fool would for a second think that he would be brought back. Therefore the thread is ridiculous

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simmster View Post
    (i must be tone deaf to sarcasm)
    Sarcasm... you missed it.

(took me a minute too)