Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One thing we have in Rex we've never had in my lifetime....

One thing we have in Rex we've never had in my lifetime....

Rex WANTS to be here. I have never in my 30 years of rooting for this team seen a head coach that really has passion for this team and for NY. Parcells was a great coach, but he was a rental, and it felt that way. Whatever with all of the others, Herm, Mangini, Coslet, Carroll, so on, it always seemed like we were a stop along the way. Rex wants to win and he wants to win as a New York Jet. He got a damn tattoo, however lame it is for Christs sake!

Rex is flawed, but what coach really isn't?
    With below average qb play, it is impossible to win consistently, let alone win a championship.
    I feel the players play hard, we have drafted a pretty solid defensive team, I think the OL will be better if we pick up a solid guard, Ivory is a keeper, get the obvious legitimate wr's and see if Geno can play.
    Rex has given us an identity, and with the current roster do you think a different HC would have put us in the play offs? I don't.

We are headed in the right direction, the cap isn't going to kill us and we have our draft picks. Most people saw this as a three year rebuild minimum. I don't see that and if we actually have/get GOOD QB play, we could contend as soon as next year.

Rex deserves to be here and more importantly he WANTS to be here.

Hopefully some of you won't end up not knowing what you have until it's gone.

All League
    There is no doubt. One of the reasons I love the guy. He loves the Jets as much as us.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyShuler View Post
    Rex WANTS to be here. I have never in my 30 years of rooting for this team seen a head coach that really has passion for this team and for NY. Parcells was a great coach, but he was a rental, and it felt that way. Whatever with all of the others, Herm, Mangini, Coslet, Carroll, so on, it always seemed like we were a stop along the way. Rex wants to win and he wants to win as a New York Jet. He got a damn tattoo, however lame it is for Christs sake!

With below average qb play, it is impossible to win consistently, let alone win a championship.
    I feel the players play hard, we have drafted a pretty solid defensive team, I think the OL will be better if we pick up a solid guard, Ivory is a keeper, get the obvious legitimate wr's and see if Geno can play.
    Rex has given us an identity, and with the current roster do you think a different HC would have put us in the play offs? I don't.

We are headed in the right direction, the cap isn't going to kill us and we have our draft picks. Most people saw this as a three year rebuild minimum. I don't see that and if we actually have/get GOOD QB play, we could contend as soon as next year.

Veteran
    Interesting observation. I think you are right. Herm seemed to enjoy coaching the Jets, but the others were all somewhat apathetic. I see all of the flaws for Rex, just like everyone else. However, I will feel a little empty if Idzik does decide to fire him. I have little confidence that whatever guy they bring in will be any better. They better have a damn good replacement or Idzik and the new coach will get booed out of the stadium, especially if Rex rejuvenates some other stale team. Risky move to fire Rex IMO.

All Pro
    No queshun.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Rex will get more time to carry out the master plan.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No queshun.
    Again, Rex is needed here, there is no one out there who is going to coach this team to more success than the man we have right now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDarkmoor View Post
    Again, Rex is needed here, there is no one out there who is going to coach this team to more success than the man we have right now.

Oh, well then I guess it's settled.

Veteran
    You're definately right about Parcells. And I am sure that there have been a lot of coaches here who haven't wanted to be. But having passion
    doesn't make you a great coach.

All League

Great post...Our best coach in my lifetime...I' ve been back and forth on this and the last thing we need right now is to be starting over AGAIN! It seems like we are always starting over, please let Rex stay the course, Izzy...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Again i agree. There is no question about rex wants to be here. Theres no doubt in my mind we will get better. If he sticks around things will be exciting theres no question about it. If we bring players in to this team and all of that, we will likely improve

One thing we have in Rex without a question, and i don't think there's any doubt, and that's obviously without a question or doubt that Rex wants to be here.

Without a question.

I guarantee it.

All Pro
    Black Monday cant come soon enough. I have never seen a coach who has missed the playoffs 3 years in a row, whos defenses come up short in almost every big spot, and whos team gets progressively worse every year get the love that rex does. The acceptance of mediocrity around here is unreal.

Thank goodness there is only 3 days left of this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Again i agree. There is no question about rex wants to be here. Theres no doubt in my mind we will get better. If he sticks around things will be exciting theres no question about it. If we bring players in to this team and all of that, we will likely improve
    No it wont. Rex continually fields the most boring team in the nfl. There is nothing exciting about a rex ryan football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Black Monday cant come soon enough. I have never seen a coach who has missed the playoffs 3 years in a row, whos defenses come up short in almost every big spot, and whos team gets progressively worse every year get the love that rex does. The acceptance of mediocrity around here is unreal.

Thank goodness there is only 3 days left of this.
    Man that was awesomely well said, to the point, and omg true to the last word.

God i can't wait for Black Monday.

It begins and ends with the QB. Can't win till you have one. Take a look at the play off teams. Marvin Lewis would have been toast if not for Daulton, and I too, thought he should have been fired 3 years ago. Foles comes on and Chip Kelly is a genius. Same with Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. Aaron Rodgers goes down and the Packers are a .500 team. Colts would be a 3 win team without Luck.

We have a head coach, we need someone to play QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    No it wont. Rex continually fields the most boring team in the nfl. There is nothing exciting about a rex ryan football team.
    Clueless

Hall Of Fame
    This team isn't boring. Watching them get blown out every other week is super exciting. Every other week, we're surprised you can actually get beat that badly. It's an art, really.

Isn't that just what you want? After all, the Dallas Stars will probably squeak there way to an 8 seed and get the lit the eff up by the Blackhawks.....should probably fire lindy now...or possibly get more than one guy on the whole team who can score goals. But hey....

Hall Of Fame
    Yea, like Jamie Benn...or Tyler Seguin...or Val Nichushkin...or Colton Sceviour...or...oh, ****, your point was completely wrong. Woops.

And, yes, we'll definitely get lit up by the Blackhawks. We certainly haven't played them in close games at all. Oh wait...damn it, I keep ruining your insults.

Poor Mikey. Can't handle the fact that the Jets are truly a mediocre group with a mediocre HC. So sorry, Mikey boy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    There is no doubt. One of the reasons I love the guy. He loves the Jets as much as us.
    agreed. But, he needs HC help. Put him at assistant hc/DC and get somebody in here with the knowledge to get things done.

PS.. Carrol wanted to be here and was thrown away...