Thread: We have competition for the best head coaching prospects

We have competition for the best head coaching prospects

Surprised no one mentions this but with the head coaching vacancies this year we are going to be competing with other teams for maybe the best guys.

Don't you feel Houston is an absolutely great situation to be in? I think similar to Kansas City job last season. Houston has a very talented roster and could have the first overall pick like the Chiefs.

Detroit also looks like a much better job than the jets as well. You can argue Minnesota and Washington could be more attractive as well.

I have to think if a coach has to pick between us and Houston it's a no brainer. Shoot if I was Rex I would be happy to get fired if I could coach Houston. Rex probably doesn't feel that way because he bleeds green and would have us all believe we're a better team. FYI I want Rex to stay but if I had to choose a candidate today I'm leaning towards Mike Zimmer

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HardHittingJets View Post
    Surprised no one mentions this but with the head coaching vacancies this year we are going to be competing with other teams for maybe the best guys.

Don't you feel Houston is an absolutely great situation to be in? I think similar to Kansas City job last season. Houston has a very talented roster and could have the first overall pick like the Chiefs.

Detroit also looks like a much better job than the jets as well. You can argue Minnesota and Washington could be more attractive as well.

I have to think if a coach has to pick between us and Houston it's a no brainer. Shoot if I was Rex I would be happy to get fired if I could coach Houston. Rex probably doesn't feel that way because he bleeds green and would have us all believe we're a better team. FYI I want Rex to stay but if I had to choose a candidate today I'm leaning towards Mike Zimmer
    Whoever replaces Rex rides in as a white knight with tons of cap money 12 draft picks and playing in the media center of NY/N. I don't think we'll have problems with candidates , question is will we be impressed by any of them ?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Whoever replaces Rex rides in as a white knight with tons of cap money 12 draft picks and playing in the media center of NY/N. I don't think we'll have problems with candidates , question is will we be impressed by any of them ?
    Poor Rex, he probably loses his prime suite in JETLife stadiums SB in Feb. with Woody!

Hall Of Fame
    In think REX is staying...and IMO Detroit, Houston are not better jobs per se.

All Pro
    Houston has an aging andre johnson, no qb, a terrible contract w/ arian foster, cushing who cant stay healthy etc. i dont see what is so attractive about this job besides jj watt.

Rookie
    No need to panic- Rex isn't going anywhere...

Rookie
    SOJF prayers will be answered.

Woody and Idzik will bring back Rich Kotite. Losing will be fun-damental.

The only coach I will be willing to take over Rex that is available is Cowher. F*ck Jon Gruden! 5 playoff appearances in 14 years, 5 years below .500. He went 45-51 after he won the Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team. He can go somewhere else. He's an average NFL coach in my opinion. He supposed to be an offensive guru yet over the 7 years he coached the Bucs they averaged 21st in points and 20th in yards on offense. This is the guy some of you want to bring in to fix our offense? I'd rather hire MM as the coach, at least it will keep consistency on offense for next year instead of having Geno learn a brand new system or having to start over with another rookie QB.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    In think REX is staying...and IMO Detroit, Houston are not better jobs per se.
    Detroit is a better job. They have a ton of talent and have underachieved badly under Coach Schwartz. The Texans went from SB-contenders a couple years ago to a train wreck. They are the Jets-West.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Houston has an aging andre johnson, no qb, a terrible contract w/ arian foster, cushing who cant stay healthy etc. i dont see what is so attractive about this job besides jj watt.
    Easy. Bridgewater

Rookie
    If Idzik and Woody fire Rex, it proves that Woody is stupid and Idzik only cares about bringing in his cronies. Especially since a smart owner would have agreed to fire Rex last year. Firing Rex now only sets the franchise back.

A good coach would avoid that franchise. Think Oakland under Al Davis. But I'm sure there are guys in Seattle who could care less.

Hall Of Fame
    What are you gheys gonna do when we not only don't draft Bridgewater, but Rex is still the HC???

LoLz!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ricky Sapp? The talent is there though. You could very well argue 5 of their 10 best players are on IR. Johnathan Joseph, Foster, Daniels, Cushing, and Manning. Jackson is the only guy left in that at DB IMO.