Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boomer Esiason: "Jets could be next years Cheifs under Rex Ryan"

Practice Squad

Boomer Esiason: "Jets could be next years Cheifs under Rex Ryan"

http://youtu.be/i7jJ5kc8Xw8 Que SOJF "He doesn't know what he's saying only opinions matter" I think he's spot on personally.

All Pro
    Only thing is chiefs had a bunch of talent on both sides of the ball. Especially offense. They just needed a game manager at QB.

Something the jets don't have(the talent or qb maybe) Yet...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I actually believe that if they acquire 1 more WR, a veteran QB, and a decent TE, this could actually be true.

They're not as far away as some people think. Rex needs help, though.

Wow, Doom and Gloom Boom actually has something positive to say about the Jets?

Did his lover Howard Carton make a lame sex joke afterwards?

Hall Of Fame
    So if we get a new Qb and a new veteran head coach who knows offense and we can be kc except we will keep the same ill prepared, D only coach.....makes sense i suppose....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I actually believe that if they acquire 1 more WR, a veteran QB, and a decent TE, this could actually be true.

They're not as far away as some people think. Rex needs help, though.
    I honestly believe that if we protect Geno and give him legit weapons we could win with him.

No excuses not to HEAVILY invest in the offense.

We will find out if Idzik is a "yes man" in this draft. Another first-round DL or CB and I am done.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I honestly believe that if we protect Geno and give him legit weapons we could win with him.

We will find out if Idzik is a "yes man" in this draft. Another first-round DL or CB and I am done.
    LOL. You won't be done as a Jets fan, but you'll do your version of what I do (throw something at the television, curse at the television, curse at Rex Ryan, curse at Idzik, curse at Woody, curse at SAR I).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL. You won't be done as a Jets fan, but you'll do your version of what I do (throw something at the television, curse at the television, curse at Rex Ryan, curse at Idzik, curse at Woody, curse at SAR I).
    I didn't mean as a fan. As much as I wanted to replace Rex I fully understand the reasons for keeping him and I can live with that. And I truly hope that I am wrong about him. But if we take another DL or CB in the first round it will just confirm all my fears about Idzik.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Boomer just talked about the Jets, phuck.

Only way we draft a DL is if Clowney somehow fell to us and that's impossible.

All League
    I didn't mean as a fan. As much as I wanted to replace Rex I fully understand the reasons for keeping him and I can live with that. And I truly hope that I am wrong about him. But if we take another DL or CB in the first round it will just confirm all my fears about Idzik.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I was kinda on the fence about Rex, but I trust Idzik. If we go DL and CB tho I would call for Woody's head b/c the guy would clearly be going over people's heads at that point.

Interesting thought though, if Clowney were to be sitting there what would you do? Obviously that is not going to happen, but I ask just for the sake of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I was kinda on the fence about Rex, but I trust Idzik. If we go DL and CB tho I would call for Woody's head b/c the guy would clearly be going over people's heads at that point.

Interesting thought though, if Clowney were to be sitting there what would you do? Obviously that is not going to happen, but I ask just for the sake of discussion.
    We're picking around #14 - Clowney would have to do an Aaron Hernandez in order to slip to us.

Hall Of Fame

If Clowney is there then we trade down. There will be plenty of teams willing to move up for him. I understand the reasons for drafting the BPA but I think we have such a dearth of talent on offense that we can draft for need.

I agree.. That's why I said Izdik better not follow last yrs draft plan. " best player on their board" last yr was ok to do that because we had so many holes.. This yr def has to have O often and early.. I will flip if Izdik takes a cb in the 1st because " ohh well he was the highest ranked on our board"

Hall Of Fame
    Chiefs had how long of picking high and acquiring talent? All they needed was a QB, and they've got one. And, while Alex Smith isn't elite or even great, he can manage the hell out of a game and not lose it for you. So, no, we're most likely not going to be next year's Chiefs - simply due to the fact that we're not going to all of a sudden have a roster full of talent that soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Chiefs had how long of picking high and acquiring talent? All they needed was a QB, and they've got one. And, while Alex Smith isn't elite or even great, he can manage the hell out of a game and not lose it for you. So, no, we're most likely not going to be next year's Chiefs - simply due to the fact that we're not going to all of a sudden have a roster full of talent that soon.
    Maybe, but you know the lack of prediatbility in the NFL could lead to different things.

All Pro

+1

Happy to hear it looks like Rex is coming back....but we need to heavily invest in the offensive side of the ball this offseason. PERIOD! NO EXCUSES! Another CB or DE in the first round and I will FLIP!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    If Clowney is there then we trade down. There will be plenty of teams willing to move up for him. I understand the reasons for drafting the BPA but I think we have such a dearth of talent on offense that we can draft for need.
    We need to go BPOA(Best offensive player available) for the first 3 rounds

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    The Jets could never be next years Chiefs because the Jets were not a 2-14 team this year. We were actually somewhat competitive, the Chiefs last season were the doormat of the NFL.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would take my "special purpose" out of Jessica Alba's *$$ and make the pick!