Thread: Anyone going to Miami game?

Veteran

Anyone going to Miami game?

I am not reading much on here about the game this weekend. I hope there will be a decent turnout of Jets fans tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be warm and cloudy with possible thunderstorms. It just hasn't cooled down a bit this season so far. This year I waited and didn't decide to go till last week so I will have to scalp. The prices have jumped since it is a huge game for Miami. I have had good luck in the past getting tickets so I am not too worried about that. I have gone every year except once I think since the early 80's and this year would be at the top of the favorites if they can knock Miami out. Jets fans need to show up and let the team know we are here though! It's Geno's homecoming so hopefully he will play well. We will be tailgating in the paid lot coming off the turnpike when the gates open at 9. I am getting pumped!! Go Jets!!!

Dunno about this one. You know Miami is a great sports town that always supports its teams:

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Dunno about this one. You know Miami is a great sports town that always supports its teams:

LOL yea I was at the Cincinnati night game here this year and it was almost empty on the upper level. Sad but I think they will be coming out for this one. It will be the last game they can go to till next year

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

1st time in about 30 years I will be passing on the Fin game.Flights & Room prices to crazy w 'NYE so close to the game.maybe next year

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    LOL yea I was at the Cincinnati night game here this year and it was almost empty on the upper level. Sad but I think they will be coming out for this one. It will be the last game they can go to till next year
    Crazy thing is I actually think New York has more Dolphins fans than Miami does. I went to a Jets dolphins game years ago half the friggin stadium was dolphins fans. Meanwhile they have had trouble selling out playoff games at Sun Life Stadium. Built a cool new stadium for the Marlins and nobody goes. Once Lebron leaves to go to the Lakers or Chicago the Heat games will be a ghost town again. I don't think we'll be seeing J-Lo and Cash Money at Miami celebrity row much after Lebron leaves.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 12-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    This will be the first time in 10 years that I don't see the Jets at Sun Life Stadium... My friends that usually come down aren't coming this year with the airline tickets and prime season hotels.. The real reason is the team sucked this year..

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    This will be the first time in 10 years that I don't see the Jets at Sun Life Stadium... My friends that usually come down aren't coming this year with the airline tickets and prime season hotels.. The real reason is the team sucked this year..
    the team has stunk in the past Savage,but we went anyway for the party.It was/is the New Years Eve prices of airfare & hotels. Shula's Steak house will miss us.

All League
    Wish I was going, a win tomorrow would be a great way to end the season...Squish the Fish!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    the team has stunk in the past Savage,but we went anyway for the party.It was/is the New Years Eve prices of airfare & hotels. Shula's Steak house will miss us.
    That's true Chris if it was the beginning of Dec it would have been different but between Christmas and New years is rough.. I'll miss the Cabana and the 5 other watering holes this year..LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

That's true Chris if it was the beginning of Dec it would have been different but between Christmas and New years is rough.. I'll miss the Cabana and the 5 other watering holes this year..LOL
    Me too John It won't surprise me if it gets blacked out in Fla. without all the reg. JET fans there to buy tix.

Veteran
    Yea it is a tough week to get travel arrangements at an affordable price for sure. Definitely an advantage for the fins

All Pro
    Me too. I am not going cause the team sucks and the last jet/dolphin game was the most boring 3 hours of my life.