Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mets 2014

Rookie
    R.I.P. Frank Cashen...

That was a great team he built...30 years ago now....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RichCiminiFan View Post
    Mets are the biggest circus in pro sports.

Nothing more than a collection of freaks, sideshows and circus clowns.

What. A. Circus.
    No, the Mets are not a circus. A circus, at least, is entertaining. There is very little entertainment value in watching the Mets these days. Unless they somehow get things turned around this year, its time to clean house. 6 straight losing seasons is enough.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    R.I.P. Frank Cashen...

That was a great team he built...30 years ago now....
    +1. RIP, MR Cashen.

Great baseball man, built winners in Baltimore in the 70s and NY in the 80s.

All League
    Big contract to Johnson now that he on the downside of his career, another brilliant move.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Big contract to Johnson now that he on the downside of his career, another brilliant move.
    Who?

Banned
    9-2 in the last 11, 4 games under 500. Do the mets make a move now? Id think they'd have to make an attempt to trade for a big impact bat that is under contract for atleast a few years. Tulo, Cargo, Kemp?

Would anybody do this trade. Wheeler or Syndegard + Niese or Gee + pawlecki + Flores for Tulo.

I may have to because of the emergence of Degrom.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    9-2 in the last 11, 4 games under 500. Do the mets make a move now? Id think they'd have to make an attempt to trade for a big impact bat that is under contract for atleast a few years. Tulo, Cargo, Kemp?

Would anybody do this trade. Wheeler or Syndegard + Niese or Gee + pawlecki + Flores for Tulo.

I may have to because of the emergence of Degrom.
    This is exactly why I had not posted in this thread during the last two weeks. Every time they start playing well, someone posts some optimistic comments and it turns around immediately. This time the JI jinx is on you, lol.

Speaking of Tulo, he left yesterday's game with a leg injury. Not thought to be serious, but it would bear watching. As great a player as he is, he seems to be banged up a lot. I don't think I would want to give up that much young talent for a guy who has averaged less than 120 games a year over the last 6 seasons.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 07-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    Yea im a dick...lol that dudr ross has been pitching lights out. You are right about tulo , but it might be worth thr risk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yea im a dick...lol that dudr ross has been pitching lights out. You are right about tulo , but it might be worth thr risk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    4 outs from a no hitter and now we have it tied. Its all good now -- you are off the hook for today's game.

All League
    5-1-1 in their last 7 series. Mets need to go 38-16 to get to 90 wins...clearly not happening, but how many wins gets them the wild card?? I'll start thinking playoffs once the get above .500. They are playing really well. The pitching is obviously their strength, but the most fun Met to watch has been Lucas Duda in my opinion. He's now 6th in the NL in HR's, & hits singles to to the opposite field! He's a genuine threat in the middle of the lineup.....exactly what this team has been looking for. Here's to an exciting second half of baseball.

Hall Of Fame
    Congratulations to terrific young Met starter Jacob DeGrom, 2014 National Rookie of the Year