Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dare to Dream

All League

Dare to Dream

All League

Hall Of Fame
    Would be awesome for you guys.

All League
    Results obviously went our way this weekend. Watched both the Liverpool and Chelsea games on the weekend - as per usual we can score goals almost at will in the first half then leak like a sieve at the back after halftime. Whatever happens from here its been a fantastic season for us.

Chelsea really looked poor yesterday - they should be easily putting away those teams with the squad they have. The penalty on Altidore probably wasnt there but the ref didn't really have a choice but to give it as the linesman waved for it, and frankly from all but one angle it did look like a penalty. Over at theshedend.com a lot of the Chelsea fans are crying conspiracy, completely forgetting their own player should have been sent off in the first half for a blatant strike with the hand to an opponents face, or the multitude of non-pens they've been awarded down the years (including another the other week that helped them win a Premier League match when they other wise would have drawn). Mourinho's reaction after the game was just disgraceful, as was how his assistant acted during it. He's also complaining about his squad when its one of the most expensive ones in world football and can't even beat Sunderland at home.

This quote from someone at RAWK pretty much sums up how I feel about Mourinho: "Mourinho is a top manager but he cares about results and only results. Style of play is secondary. I honestly couldn't stand watching that **** every week not to mention compromising my own principle to defend such an utter ****ing bellend."

Veteran
    I'm pulling for you guys. I like Mou as a manager but he's a troll. He actually gets a kick out of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Moyes dumped.. What a fall from grace for MU.

It's your to lose Sober. Hope you guys go all the way.

All League
    Thanks fellas, I've been a fan of Livepool since about 1980 and still a child, and haven't been this excited about Liverpool since about then. It's not just the fact we are winning but our style of play, just so pleasing to watch, even if we also do ship so many goals. There have been a lot of false dawns since about 1990, but we are in touch of the holy grail. Fingers and toes crossed from here in.

All League
    Still some games to go but we've lost control of our own destiny. Gerrard will be having nightmares about that for years to come if we don't win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Still some games to go but we've lost control of our own destiny. Gerrard will be having nightmares about that for years to come if we don't win the title.
    Also, ''this doesn't ****ing slip'' becomes the joke of the century, especially for someone who frequents /r/soccer

All League
    ^ ^ ha ha didn't get that connection initially when he slipped the other day for the first Chelsea goal, but yeah that really could come back to haunt Gerrard. It is funny when you think about it.

I've spent decades following losing causes in terms of different types of football, if we lose it this year I will be shattered but a part of me will be just sort of used to it. Last time I followed a team that won a league title was 14 years ago.

Frankly if we miss it this year I think it will be some time before we're in the same position again, given the clubs we are up against and their financial muscle, but it is what it is. We've had a fantastic season even if we come 3rd. Some would say I have a losers mentality, which maybe so, but I just consider myself a realist.
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 04-28-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    ^ ^ ha ha didn't get that connection initially when he slipped the other day for the first Chelsea goal, but yeah that really could come back to haunt Gerrard. It is funny when you think about it.

I've spent decades following losing causes in terms of different types of football, if we lose it this year I will be shattered but a part of me will be just sort of used to it. Last time I followed a team that won a league title was 14 years ago.

Frankly if we miss it this year I think it will be some time before we're in the same position again, given the clubs we are up against and their financial muscle, but it is what it is. We've had a fantastic season even if we come 3rd. Some would say I have a losers mentality, which maybe so, but I just consider myself a realist.
    You better win or elese everyone will be fellating Mourinho till no end. Can't stand the dude anymore (+1 on Turk's comment. He's just a troll now).

All League
    Cheers Raoul, I am a homer but I do actually think our manager has it right about Mourinho (who he worked under and is friendly with):

"It was difficult because they virtually played right from the off with a back six. They had a back four, with two wingers back and then the midfield three in front of them.

"Just putting 10 players right on your 18-yard box is not difficult to coach, but it is obviously much harder to try and break through it."

"Jose is happy to work that way and he will probably shove his CV in front of me and say it works, but it is not my way of working.

"I like to take the initiative in games, to try to dominate them and let my players express themselves.

If a defensive style gets results, great. Jose has got his result here and he will be happy with that.

"But it is the polar opposite to how we work and hopefully over time our offensive mentality and aggression will get us long-term results.

"I think everyone could see that from the first whistle it was clearly the plan to frustrate us,"

"We are a team that tried to win the game, in a sporting manner. We tried to initiate play with the ball but it was just not to be."

Hall Of Fame
    Cheers Raoul, I am a homer but I do actually think our manager has it right about Mourinho (who he worked under and is friendly with):

"It was difficult because they virtually played right from the off with a back six. They had a back four, with two wingers back and then the midfield three in front of them.

"Just putting 10 players right on your 18-yard box is not difficult to coach, but it is obviously much harder to try and break through it."

"Jose is happy to work that way and he will probably shove his CV in front of me and say it works, but it is not my way of working.

"I like to take the initiative in games, to try to dominate them and let my players express themselves.

If a defensive style gets results, great. Jose has got his result here and he will be happy with that.

"But it is the polar opposite to how we work and hopefully over time our offensive mentality and aggression will get us long-term results.

"I think everyone could see that from the first whistle it was clearly the plan to frustrate us,"

"We are a team that tried to win the game, in a sporting manner. We tried to initiate play with the ball but it was just not to be."
    He's completely right. Exactly what they did against Atletico.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    You better win or elese everyone will be fellating Mourinho till no end. Can't stand the dude anymore (+1 on Turk's comment. He's just a troll now).

Kinda looks like Mr Bean in that pic.

Hearing the KOP sing Stevie's song right afterward and YNWA to close the game is refreshing to see in the face of adversity/heartbreak or whatever you want to refer to it as...

I'm a new fan, last year was my first full season really... So I've really just been trying to gain knowledge of the history and enjoy as I go. Regardless, what BR has done this season is nothing short of amazing... A 2nd place finish and the bid for the CL with an extremely youthful squad is encouraging and now you have guys like Lallana biting to come here instead of Chelsea or Man City, even though it's obvious they'll be pursuing him.

With that said, on Saturday we root for the Blues, so it will be an interesting day. Being a new fan, I kinda don't mind Everton doing well and being an American, obviously I have that love for Howard... I'd much rather they make it in over Arsenal to say the least...

Hall Of Fame
    WLF

Up 3-0 with 10 minutes to play and give up 3 goals!! Common Sober!

That's epic Jets soul crushing moment right there. Ball isn't in their court anymore :-(

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    WLF

Up 3-0 with 10 minutes to play and give up 3 goals!! Common Sober!

That's epic Jets soul crushing moment right there. Ball isn't in their court anymore :-(

Wow
    Pretty much the loss falls on Rodgers... He had his players try to run the score up, they lost their legs and couldn't defend. He made the wrong substitutions, too late and it cost them.

All in all, Rodgers has been fantastic this season but that was an inexperienced coach trying to chase a pipe dream in making up goal differential...

Veteran
    I think its what they had to do. I don't think you can bank on Man Cİty dropping points and there's no difference between losing on goal difference and losing on points. If they could've scored a couple more the last game would've been interesting. But fair play to palace they didn't just roll over and play dead.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I think its what they had to do. I don't think you can bank on Man Cİty dropping points and there's no difference between losing on goal difference and losing on points. If they could've scored a couple more the last game would've been interesting. But fair play to palace they didn't just roll over and play dead.
    Good to see you man. How's the little guy?

Hope you'll post more around WC time we should get a League going on a Yahoo forum.

Veteran
    He is brilliant, thanks. I trust yours are well too?

I lurk but I've gotten so out of touch with the hampur I can't get into the conversation anymore. I've been so disillusined with the match fixing scandal in Turkey I haven't been buying season tickets for the past two years and I don't think I will again in the foreseeable future. Watching Turkish football just makes me angry now seeing a team that should've been relegated being allowed to compete and knowing that if my team is ok with this the only way they can be competing with those ****es is the same way so I can't really feel good about any successes anymore.

It's like watching a play rather than a sporting event whose outcome is in doubt.

They've killed football in Turkey and replaced it with a traveling circus.