Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dare to Dream

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    He is brilliant, thanks. I trust yours are well too?

I lurk but I've gotten so out of touch with the hampur I can't get into the conversation anymore. I've been so disillusined with the match fixing scandal in Turkey I haven't been buying season tickets for the past two years and I don't think I will again in the foreseeable future. Watching Turkish football just makes me angry now seeing a team that should've been relegated being allowed to compete and knowing that if my team is ok with this the only way they can be competing with those ****es is the same way so I can't really feel good about any successes anymore.

It's like watching a play rather than a sporting event whose outcome is in doubt.

They've killed football in Turkey and replaced it with a traveling circus.
    Well that certainly sucks.

It's the opposite for me. I've watched more games this year than in the past 5. I think Ibra has found a country which embraces brilliant/pretentious people and is genuinely happy here. Though, with the level of Ligue 1 I doubt they'll ever be able to get over the hump of the semis in CL. We need a few more billionaires to spend ridiculous amounts and have at least 4 competitive teams.

I'm going to try and see a Jets game this year. I'll PM you if it happens, maybe you should have some business in NY that would need attending to?

All League
    ^ ^ great to see The Turk back on here in recent weeks.

As for Liverpool, we are dusted, frankly most fans knew that last weekend. We've had a great season and even though titleless should celebrate the awesome months we've had this year despite being at a massive financial disadvantage, in what is probably the most competitive major football league in the world. City will be penalised next season for their finanancial shenanigans, and Chelsea should hire a manager who knows how to attack, not just defend. Unfortunately next season ManUre will have a competent manager and a list overhaul.

All League
    City too good, congrats to any City fans on here. Know a massive City fan locally here and he was really giving it to me yesterday when I was playing some live poker at the local pub. Fair enough as well. When your team is champions you get to rule the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    City too good, congrats to any City fans on here. Know a massive City fan locally here and he was really giving it to me yesterday when I was playing some live poker at the local pub. Fair enough as well. When your team is champions you get to rule the roost.
    Not really fair when they bought the title but that's the way it works... Given the 99 mill LFC just raked in, they need to go down that road also. Lallana is first up, although if they go higher than the 20 they offered already I'll be a bit puzzled but not quite disappointed. Definitely not the full 25 SH is asking...

Really interested to see if Suarez stays on. I'm hopeful but not too confident...

All League
    Yeah I know they spent a lot of money, but at least the manager tries to score goals, and isn't an arsehole unlike at Chelsea. Buying titles is sort of how football works these days, the odd Atletico/Liverpool run aside. Having said that City will struggle under Fifa's fair play rules next season.

Hopefully this summer goes better in terms of buys than last summer - pretty certain only one player (Mignolet) became a fixture after get a hatful of new players. As for Suarez, if he does go (obviously we are both hopeful he doesn't) he should go for 80 million pounds plus. Just on a side note, are you a member of RAWK? Worth joining up if you are a Liverpool fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Yeah I know they spent a lot of money, but at least the manager tries to score goals, and isn't an arsehole unlike at Chelsea. Buying titles is sort of how football works these days, the odd Atletico/Liverpool run aside. Having said that City will struggle under Fifa's fair play rules next season.

Hopefully this summer goes better in terms of buys than last summer - pretty certain only one player (Mignolet) became a fixture after get a hatful of new players. As for Suarez, if he does go (obviously we are both hopeful he doesn't) he should go for 80 million pounds plus. Just on a side note, are you a member of RAWK? Worth joining up if you are a Liverpool fan.
    I'm not, I've been in the LFC subreddit this season which is pretty sensible. I'll check it out today though