Thread: The Bale Goal

All League

The Bale Goal

Maybe not the best of the season but still a super goal. Very British too, about a 80:20 power to finesse ratio.

Edit: also note the sniper in the stands that bullets Sergio Busquets as the ball hits the back of the net.

Hall Of Fame
    Watched the game last night that was an amazing goal. Props for not flopping out of bounds, and luckily the ref let the game play on.

WOW he torched the dude while running 20 extra meters out of bounds.

All League
    Yeah, if that was say an older style football stadium Bale would have been in the 3rd row - I think he actually pushed the ball too far with one of his final touches, but that speed just makes up for everything. Shame he'll likely never play in a World Cup or even Euro for that matter.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Yeah, if that was say an older style football stadium Bale would have been in the 3rd row - I think he actually pushed the ball too far with one of his final touches, but that speed just makes up for everything. Shame he'll likely never play in a World Cup or even Euro for that matter.
    He might have a chance at the Euros in 2016 since they changed the format to 24 teams.

The nine group winners, the nine group runners-up and the best third-placed side will qualify directly for the final tournament. The eight remaining third-placed teams will contest play-offs to determine the last four qualifiers for the finals.

Group B
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Belgium
    Israel
    Wales
    Cyprus
    Andorra

Bale, fairly good left back, bulked up and turned into prolific striker/speed demon in no time... I'm not sure I have ever seen that before?

All League
    ^ ^ ha ha, I get what you are referring to, but he was considered to be too tall to be a winger when he was young, and he did just naturally fill out over time - he was a relative bean pole at one stage. When he was a defender he was still in his teens and frankly I don't think his coaches then really knew what sort of player they had. Its not as if he is the size of an Aguero, Messi etc where physically at 18 years of age they are pretty much the same they are going to be when they are 25 - Bale is of similar stature to Ronaldo and when he started off at Manure he (CR) was also underdeveloped both physically and in a football sense, Bale even thinner and less developed then CR. Bale is quicker though, and playing him in attack, and also in the counter-attacking systems he's played under at Spurs and at Madrid, really emphasises these qualities, as evidenced by the goal yesterday. When you play as a defender you aren't asked to break away up the pitch obviously so you don't see the player has it most of the time.

He did really come to prominence in 2011 when he was 21 years of age, and that would really fit in with his physical development given his height, so he's been around a few years now showing the same sorts of qualities. It's not as if he's like 28 years of age or something, done nothing up until now, then all of a sudden become a superstar which really would be suspicious.

Frankly his touch just isn't as good as other players, his power and speed though, as mentioned, are just exceptional - he really does sum up the British game in a lot of ways. Apparently he's very popular at Madrid and is humble etc, so good luck to him.

Practice Squad
    Oh, I know... I watched him play in his Spurs days. He was a regular in my fantasy team. The game makers kept putting him as a defender and Spurs played him as winger/striker. Good times!
    I remember him doing something similar to yesterday, twice in one game. He would just knock the ball 25 meters out in front and out run everybody... Amazing!

It could of course be all natural as you suggest and don't get me wrong, I like Bale and wish him nothing but the best. It just seemed to happen so fast, that you kind of suspect foul play. He's not the only one either. Many players look (to me) like they had a little "help".