Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Official Stanley Cup Finals Thread.....Rangers v. Kings

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Instead of assuming, you could have just checked the timestamp.

Now, if you want to accuse me of being a jinx (the Kings scored within a few more minutes), you'd have a better point.

Regardless, I thought Lundquist deserved the Conn Smyth. He was clearly the player of the tournament. Without him, the Rangers are simply average. They had no business hanging with the Kings.
    and Quick?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    and Quick?
    Quick is excellent but I have to give Hank the edge. If Hank was on the Kings last night would have been a three-peat.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Quick is excellent but I have to give Hank the edge. If Hank was on the Kings last night would have been a three-peat.
    Yes, Hank has been getting the edge for how many years now? if it looks like a duck, and quack likes a duck, it's a duck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    First off, congrats on the win. Great series and great post season for the Kings. Enjoy the parade. According to this article in Forbes before game one, tickets on secondary market for Game 1 were available below face value:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselaw...ce-for-game-1/

"The Stanley Cup Finals start tonight, with Game 1 set at the Staples Center in Los Angeles between the Los Angeles Kings and New York Rangers. The Kings are making their second Stanley Cup Finals appearance in the last three years, and were a couple wins away last season from making it three straight. The Rangers are making their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance since 1994, when they beat the Vancouver Canucks in seven games. While prices for Rangers tickets have soared this postseason, the Kings havenít seen the same effect.

According to TiqIQ, the cheapest Kings ticket for Game 1 is currently $306, which is below the cheapest listed face value for games at the Staples Center. The lowest listed face price is $349; meaning tickets on the secondary market are 12% cheaper than face price. Rangers fans wish that was the case for games in New York, as the cheapest ticket on the secondary market is currently more than double than the lowest listed face price. The cheapest secondary market price for Rangers tickets is a $1,065 ticket for Game 3, 119.6% above the $484.85 listed face price for games at Madison Square Garden.

The low get-in price in Los Angeles doesnít mean all LA Kings tickets for the series are going to be cheap. The average price of the series in LA has gone up 6% to $1,433.35. When comparing the prices of Stanley Cup tickets to regular season averages, the Kings actually have a higher premium from their regular season price, 1,384%, than the Rangers, 1,223%."
    Ok...so there wasn't as much price gouging going on with the secondary market...got it. I was pretty sure there was no issue with selling out the game as the Op stated. Paying over 1000 per ticket is idiotic and says mothing about the fan base if that's what you're implying. The Op trying to take a swipe at their fan base was unfounded and more like sour grapes

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    Ok...so there wasn't as much price gouging going on with the secondary market...got it. I was pretty sure there was no issue with selling out the game as the Op stated. Paying over 1000 per ticket is idiotic and says mothing about the fan base if that's what you're implying. The Op trying to take a swipe at their fan base was unfounded and more like sour grapes
    It's only idiotic if you can't afford it, it's relative.

Veteran
    It's only idiotic if you can't afford it, it's relative.
    Agree to disagree....it's not like a Super Bowl once in a lifetime event thing. They just went to the finals 2 years ago and there were 3 games at home this year. To pay that much to sit in the upper bowl at staples is crazy talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    Agree to disagree....it's not like a Super Bowl once in a lifetime event thing. They just went to the finals 2 years ago and there were 3 games at home this year. To pay that much to sit in the upper bowl at staples is crazy talk.
    Relative, if your making over 500k it doesn't matter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    and Quick?
    Maybe this will make it a little clearer.

Quick - GAA - 2.58
    Lundqvist - GAA - 2.14

Quick - SV% - .911
    Lundqvist - SV% - .927

Kings - Goals/game - 3.38
    Rangers - Goals/game - 2.56

Seems like everybody who is not a Rangers fan likes to fellate Jonathan Quick.

It's obvious why HE didn't win the Conn Smythe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Quick - GAA - 2.58
    Lundqvist - GAA - 2.14

Quick - SV% - .911
    Lundqvist - SV% - .927

As you know I am not a Ranger fan but I completely agree. Quick was a factor, but Lunquist was more--his stellar play. Not sure why people take the focus away from what lost this series. Leaky defense, untimely turnovers and the Rangers lack of scoring from the guys paid to score (see Rick Nash)

People need to realize this team just went on an amazing run where I don't believe anyone really had them penciled in for the best team in the East. I did not believe they were going to beat the Flyers, let alone the Peguins. This is the type of run that doesn't happen often and may take a few years to comeback. If I am Sather, I am on the phone with anyone who will take Rick Nash now. (I am an Islander fan and would still take him--look who we have)

I am interested to see if the Rangers get in the Spezza market. A scoring center may be what they need.

Hall Of Fame

Quick - GAA - 2.58
    Lundqvist - GAA - 2.14

Quick - SV% - .911
    Lundqvist - SV% - .927

All that matters is keeping out the ones that coulda, and more importantly the ones that shoulda.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    All that matters is keeping out the ones that coulda, and more importantly the ones that shoulda.
    Not what was being talked about. You suggested in your post by asking the question "And Quick?" that he might have been as worthy of the Conn Smythe as was Lundqvist.

The stats don't support that, especially when you consider his team was scoring about a goal per game more than the Rangers scored for Lundqvist throughout the playoffs.

And remember, the Conn Smythe encompasses the entire SC playoffs. Not just the Finals.

If either goalie deserved the Conn Smythe, it was Lundqvist.

Hall Of Fame
    Not what was being talked about. You suggested in your post by asking the question "And Quick?" that he might have been as worthy of the Conn Smythe as was Lundqvist.

The stats don't support that, especially when you consider his team was scoring about a goal per game more than the Rangers scored for Lundqvist throughout the playoffs.

And remember, the Conn Smythe encompasses the entire SC playoffs. Not just the Finals.

If either goalie deserved the Conn Smythe, it was Lundqvist.
    I don't go by stats, nor wether the other goalie had more goal support to me all that says is those goalies weren't worthy. Henrik is a good goalie he will get some more chances to earn a cup I would imagine. If you asked him about stats, or the CS, he would most likely care about Lord Stanley only.

I really like your new coach I liked him a month after he was here just didn't want to stick my nose in the Ranger thread and say so. They'll be back. Me I will be waiting awhile, but I can't complain.