Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup 2014 Pool

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Post when there's new info to check out.

I just logged in my picks (probably should have spent more time thinking it through).
    Updated the Page (http://public.tableausoftware.com/vi...splay_count=no) to include filter for Club Country, Club Team, and Position

Hall Of Fame
    Stupid Americans, I had the score at 2-1.

All Pro
    Stupid Americans, I had the score at 2-1.
    So did I.

Hall Of Fame
    Forgot to log my 6PM picks, d'oh!!

Hall Of Fame
    Not to kiss any asses, but if I were a betting man, I'd pick the US to get through their group. The odds would make for a good bet. .
    Don't want to brag that I called it, but..I called it.

Kind of screwed up everything else, lots of surprises (Italy, England, Spain, Algeria, Costa Rica..)

All Pro
    Don't want to brag that I called it, but..I called it.

Kind of screwed up everything else, lots of surprises (Italy, England, Spain, Algeria, Costa Rica..)
    I'm totally at a loss as to why Asia gets 4.5 spots. They are worse than CONCACAF, the only tournament in history where they did better was in 2002, and that's because Japan and South Korea both were host countries (and even then, CONCACAF had 4 teams, 1 to QF, 1 to R16 - AFC had 5 teams, 1 to SF, 1 to R16), they've now been shut out of the R16 2 of the last 3 (and 3 of the last 5) world cups, they didn't win a game this round. That's abysmal.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Another shootout, yes.

Awesome win by Costa Rica. Bye bye Greece.

Hall Of Fame
    Feel bad for Mexico. Ochoa was for sure the top goalie and arguably the best player this tournament. Carried Mexico. Swallow the whistle.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Hi all,

Join the Jets Insider World Cup Pool
    http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-b...?groupID=49949

Fun for all!!! Sadly, without the Global drafts, this group has been dying a slow death, hopefully this will revive it, for the World Cup, at least.

Also, I'm taking all commentary on a World Cup Dashboard I built in Tableau. Obviously, it can always be improve, but it was set up to show players who have played in the world cup by year and the club team they played for.
    Let me know your thoughts. I'm always looking to improve or incorporate ideas.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/pr...ldCupDashboard
    ...and in the end, the Germans always win.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm totally at a loss as to why Asia gets 4.5 spots. They are worse than CONCACAF, the only tournament in history where they did better was in 2002, and that's because Japan and South Korea both were host countries (and even then, CONCACAF had 4 teams, 1 to QF, 1 to R16 - AFC had 5 teams, 1 to SF, 1 to R16), they've now been shut out of the R16 2 of the last 3 (and 3 of the last 5) world cups, they didn't win a game this round. That's abysmal.
    Its about more money for those crooks at FIFA. If it were up to me, Greece, Japan and South Korea would be banned from World Cup tournaments for the next 100 years. Even as bad as South Korea and Japan were, Greece was a total embarrassment on every level. How does a manager get thrown off the pitch right before penalty kicks, after acting like a total jackass. Their coach should be selling monkey meat sticks in Astoria.

Japan has a great baseball program, they need to focus all their attention on it, and forget about Soccer.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-15-2014 at 11:31 PM.

All Pro
    I'm happy Germany won, in the end I was hoping FIFA wouldn't pull some kind of Shenanigans to help out Argentina, and their Golden Boy Messi. Thank god Germany got it done right before extended time ended, or I think Argentina would have won on PK'S. Nice to see a European team win in SA, and right in Brazil, with Germany humiliating the not so all mighty, Brazil 7-1. Congrats Deutschland!
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-15-2014 at 11:56 PM.