Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Francesa asks "'Do They Kick With Both Legs"? (Soccer)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    a soccer player is running around all game and can only use his feet, so yes, they use both feet. They all favor one foot like you said. a bad player will suck with his bad foot, and a very good player can do what he wants with both.
    Even some of the best ( Thierry Henry for example) are allowed to occasionally use their hand

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    To be fair. I've never seen any bit of soccer news, coverage, or information that discusses a player kicking with both legs.

On the other side... How would that be physically possible?
    If you have 2 , you stand with 1 and kick with the other ....similar to nick folk's kicking action

Good players can interchange their standing and kicking feet. I.e. They can kick with both feet

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So dey kig wid boat legs? Whaaow. I din nodat. Dats imbressive. Back afda dis

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Brack View Post
    Even some of the best ( Thierry Henry for example) are allowed to occasionally use their hand

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Brack View Post
    I'd expect nothing less from a Gooner.

Hall Of Fame
    These little Fatty gaffes are always enjoyable. But it serves as proof that nobody really cares about soccer here. We all jump on the bandwagon every four years just to get kicked in the balls like last night. In two weeks we will be all talking about football again. Francesa's show reflects that. He can never speak of soccer again and still be #1 in the ratings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    These little Fatty gaffes are always enjoyable. But it serves as proof that nobody really cares about soccer here. We all jump on the bandwagon every four years just to get kicked in the balls like last night. In two weeks we will be all talking about football again. Francesa's show reflects that. He can never speak of soccer again and still be #1 in the ratings.
    I have to say, this was really overblown. Most players do have a predominant leg, some players favor a leg to the point that it's a weakness to go to the other side. It's not totally unrealistic to think that soccer would be like football or baseball where a guy only throws with one arm (or even baseball and tennis where most players hit from the same side)