Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Francesa asks "'Do They Kick With Both Legs"? (Soccer)

All Pro

Francesa asks "'Do They Kick With Both Legs"? (Soccer)

How can a major market sports show host be this ignorant about a major world sport? And he shows no embarassment after asking it but keeps repeating it and piling it on: 'yeah, I saw some guy and it looked liked he was using both legs. Wow! Wow!' Yeah, really impressive! Was he being sarcastic?

Twitter went crazy:

Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 06-18-2014 at 12:07 PM.

If he goes out of the way to piss off Jets fans he is not going to care that he pissed off soccer fans.

It's still embarrassing... Just shows a total lack of understanding.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just like he eats with both holes

All League
    why, may I ask, do you listen to a radio show with a person who annoys you? I stopped listening to this fool years ago.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    It's still embarrassing... Just shows a total lack of understanding.
    I hate Francesa as much if not more than the next guy, but I am with him here. He probably talks soccer on his show once every 4 years and sees a couple of highlights every 4 years. I'm similar and I'm sure many are.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I think he was looking for a reach around from a lefty.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    why, may I ask, do you listen to a radio show with a person who annoys you? I stopped listening to this fool years ago.
    I don't listen or watch, I found this on the internet. Kind of hard to avoid in this day of twitter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I hate Francesa as much if not more than the next guy, but I am with him here. He probably talks soccer on his show once every 4 years and sees a couple of highlights every 4 years. I'm similar and I'm sure many are.
    Maybe you should prepare better before going live on the air to talk about sports, if you're a sports show?

What's next?:

"The ball is round in soccer, no?"

All League
    Is the question really that dumb, if you dont watch?

Do NFL kickers kick with both legs?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post

Yeah it is, if you can't use your hands that would leave you with your head, and a leg.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post

It sounds like something my sister would say, a la "in baseball, why does one team get five innings and the other only gets four"?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Maybe you should prepare better before going live on the air to talk about sports, if you're a sports show?

What's next?:

"The ball is round in soccer, no?"
    he's just checking the obligatory world cup soccer call box... he has no interest in it, nor do most of his viewers. i would laugh if he asked if the ball is round.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    he's just checking the obligatory world cup soccer call box... he has no interest in it, nor do most of his viewers. i would laugh if he asked if the ball is round.
    He was interviewing Dave Masur, his credentials are in the screen shot. Shouldn't he have shown him the least bit of respect by spending five minutes preparing for the interview?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He was interviewing Dave Masur, his credentials are in the screen shot. Shouldn't he have shown him the least bit of respect by spending five minutes preparing for the interview?
    Well, what's the answer? Do guys ever kick with their other foot, clearly they'll favor one but do they? I honestly don't think it's that ridiculous of a question.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Well, what's the answer? Do guys ever kick with their other foot, clearly they'll favor one but do they? I honestly don't think it's that ridiculous of a question.
    It's not a ridiculous question. It is when you have a sports radio show, the least you can do is prepare your show to avoid looking like an idiot.

Unlike NFL kickers who come in for specific play, a soccer player is running around all game and can only use his feet, so yes, they use both feet. They all favor one foot like you said. a bad player will suck with his bad foot, and a very good player can do what he wants with both.

Practice Squad
    5 minutes preparing for the interview would have gotten him the names of a few players, who's the favorite and underdog in the tournament, and a little background on the usa team. not anything about the actual mechanics of the game. it's not a mainstream sport, so he has an expert on the show to talk about the tournament and he asks him something about the sport that most of us don't know... i see nothing wrong with that...

All Pro
    To be fair. I've never seen any bit of soccer news, coverage, or information that discusses a player kicking with both legs.

On the other side... How would that be physically possible?

Hall Of Fame
    i think it's reasonable to expect the host of a radio sports talk show, who has spent his entire career talking about sports, to assume the best soccer players in the world actually kick with both legs/feet.

All League
    I heard this and it was awesome.