Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JI Fantasy Football Mock Draft

Veteran
    I'll do it!

Also, as a suggestion you can set up a private mock draft for free through either of these sites:

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/

https://snapdraft.in/mockdraft

Could make things easier - sign me up either way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JCappy View Post
    I'll do it!

Also, as a suggestion you can set up a private mock draft for free through either of these sites:

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/

https://snapdraft.in/mockdraft

Could make things easier - sign me up either way.
    In!

We'll figure it out. Trying to keep it on this website.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You're in. Just draft a team to fill the roster above. Just for fun (stupid, no?).

Let me know if you're in.
    Yes!

So we have 9 so far, 3 more to go. Wheres BOROGUY???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dcat is in.

2 more.

Rookie
    Let me know if you need one more...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Let me know if you need one more...
    NYJ0815 is in!

Banned
    I am excited for this to start. A couple of questions though...1. how is the draft order going to be determined? 2. Would anyone be interested in starting a Jetsinsider Fantasy Football League on espn or cbs 12-14 teams $100 / team.? I would definitely be in.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I am excited for this to start. A couple of questions though...1. how is the draft order going to be determined? 2. Would anyone be interested in starting a Jetsinsider Fantasy Football League on espn or cbs 12-14 teams $100 / team.? I would definitely be in.
    Well, we (chiefst2000 and I) wanted to just do a mock draft to generate interest, and hopefully others will want to do an actual league. We'll see how much support it gets. This way there's no commitment, just draft a team and we can talk about the picks, etc.

I'll just generate the draft order randomly. I'm sure there's something on the internet that will help me. Then I'll start a new thread with 4 opening posts. The first will have the league rules (point system scoring, etc.) the second the available players, and the third will have everyone's roster so you can see the holes that are needed to be filled. The last one will be the actual draft with the draft order. It'll make more sense when it's posted.

As a player is drafted (we'll just post it in the thread) I'll update the posts. Chat is encouraged and discussions on strategies/projections/etc. I'll start it soon. We need one more.

Banned
    Well, we (chiefst2000 and I) wanted to just do a mock draft to generate interest, and hopefully others will want to do an actual league. We'll see how much support it gets. This way there's no commitment, just draft a team and we can talk about the picks, etc.

I'll just generate the draft order randomly. I'm sure there's something on the internet that will help me. Then I'll start a new thread with 4 opening posts. The first will have the league rules (point system scoring, etc.) the second the available players, and the third will have everyone's roster so you can see the holes that are needed to be filled. The last one will be the actual draft with the draft order. It'll make more sense when it's posted.

As a player is drafted (we'll just post it in the thread) I'll update the posts. Chat is encouraged and discussions on strategies/projections/etc. I'll start it soon. We need one more.
    Sounds like a plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Practice Squad
    Sounds good. I would also be in for doing an actual league if we get enough people, but I don't know about $100 buy in.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    Sounds good. I would also be in for doing an actual league if we get enough people, but I don't know about $100 buy in.
    We'll see about an actual league on an off JI website (I can't do the stats every week - this draft is crazy enough!).

We need one more for the Mock Draft!

CBS charges fees for fantasy leagues. Very annoying and not worth it. I would be up for a JI league for sure. John and I had discussed it as well. My preference would be to host it on yahoo because their mobile app and drafting system is the best around. $100 buy in is perfect as well. I also suggested transacting the money through leaguesafe. Its a service that collects the funds for fantasy leegues and pays out the winners at the end. Its a nice way to be sure the cash is safe and gets paid out. I'm cool with a league size as large as people want. One of the trickiest things about running a league is setting the draft time. If we get at least 10 people we could have the draft timing discussions here in a separate thread.

Thanks! any interest in taking it beyond just a mock draft and actually going through the draft and playing out the season?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SantanaMoss83 View Post
    Thanks! any interest in taking it beyond just a mock draft and actually going through the draft and playing out the season?
    I think it's too early to do an actual draft, that's why I opted for a mock. And we'd have to do that on a remote website like yahoo or something, because there's no way I can tally stats here. If this goes well and we get people to want to do an actual league, we can do another league later. This is more for comradery and good chat. I'd like to do it too, but the rosters will change by the time the season starts. A good draft is late August.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    CBS charges fees for fantasy leagues. Very annoying and not worth it. I would be up for a JI league for sure. John and I had discussed it as well. My preference would be to host it on yahoo because their mobile app and drafting system is the best around. $100 buy in is perfect as well. I also suggested transacting the money through leaguesafe. Its a service that collects the funds for fantasy leegues and pays out the winners at the end. Its a nice way to be sure the cash is safe and gets paid out. I'm cool with a league size as large as people want. One of the trickiest things about running a league is setting the draft time. If we get at least 10 people we could have the draft timing discussions here in a separate thread.
    Yea I run a league through cbs and pay the 160 / yr fee because my leagues draft is an auction draft, bidding in order(not using set values like espn does though). So if I am 2nd and I want to bid on a player thrown out by the team that is picking and then the next team bids higher, I am out, as soon as your out outbid by a team after you are out of the running for that player. CBS is the only set up that allows me to adjust price of the player manually, so I'm forced to use them. ESPN is pretty clean,simple and FREE!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yea I run a league through cbs and pay the 160 / yr fee because my leagues draft is an auction draft, bidding in order(not using set values like espn does though). So if I am 2nd and I want to bid on a player thrown out by the team that is picking and then the next team bids higher, I am out, as soon as your out outbid by a team after you are out of the running for that player. CBS is the only set up that allows me to adjust price of the player manually, so I'm forced to use them. ESPN is pretty clean,simple and FREE!
    I've done all kinds of leagues, but did a dynasty league with a salary cap. It was really interesting, but you need hard core players to do that.

How did the auction league go? I'm assuming it's the same as the salary cap league? Or similar?

Banned
    I've done all kinds of leagues, but did a dynasty league with a salary cap. It was really interesting, but you need hard core players to do that.

How did the auction league go? I'm assuming it's the same as the salary cap league? Or similar?
    Yes we have a salary cap of $300.00 You can above the salary cap in a trade up to $320.00, but each dollar you go over on the trade you need to pay $double to the pot (luxury tax). So if you add $15 to your cap $30 is the fee. Last year was the first year we did that because making trades were so hard because most teams by the end of the draft are around the $300 cap. If you cut someone that you got for $50.00 that money comes off your cap and he goes back to the playerpool and becomes $1.00. The draft is the best part though, last year I had Drew brees $100, Peterson $110 David wilson (at the time looked like a steal) $40 antonion brown $20, jordy nelson $6, jordan camer $1.00 and the rest were $1-$3 players. After round 11 of the auction it becomes a regular snake drafter and each player is automatically $1.

League fee is $350 a team plus $15 (cbs fee)
    trades $10 /team
    add drop $2.00 / ea

12 teams pot gets up to 6k
    14 teams pot gets up to 7k.

Payouts superbowl winner 1500
    superbowl lowes 750

regular season weekly highscorer $50

regular season standings 1st place 60%
    2nd place 30%
    3rd place 10%
    Last edited by RevisCroWilson; 07-10-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Yes we have a salary cap of $300.00 You can above the salary cap in a trade up to $320.00, but each dollar you go over on the trade you need to pay $double to the pot (luxury tax). So if you add $15 to your cap $30 is the fee. Last year was the first year we did that because making trades were so hard because most teams by the end of the draft are around the $300 cap. If you cut someone that you got for $50.00 that money comes off your cap and he goes back to the playerpool and becomes $1.00. The draft is the best part though, last year I had Drew brees $100, Peterson $110 David wilson (at the time looked like a steal) $40 antonion brown $20, jordy nelson $6, jordan camer $1.00 and the rest were $1-$3 players. After round 11 of the auction it becomes a regular snake drafter and each player is automatically $1.

League fee is $350 a team plus $15 (cbs fee)
    trades $10 /team
    add drop $2.00 / ea

12 teams pot gets up to 6k
    14 teams pot gets up to 7k.

Payouts superbowl winner 1500
    superbowl lowes 750

regular season weekly highscorer $50

regular season standings 1st place 60%
    2nd place 30%
    3rd place 10%
    $350 league fee is pretty hard core even by my standards

Always down to do some mock drafts, especially with fellow Jet fans. Count me in you need a head!!